• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

2014-06-0916_56_57-twl3dvh.png

We can expect a lot of bromance doujinshi and comics from this.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Was never a huge MGS fan and MGS4 killed my interest completely, but I liked this trailer.

The one snippet of dialogue was gravely concerning, but overall it's refreshing to see a Japanese game with some AAA ambition. Maybe I actually miss Kojima's bullshit a little bit. Looking forward to seeing more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"In some ancient cultures, warriors would cover themselves with the ashes of their fallen brethren in order to absorb their fighting spirit and to carry a part of them into battle."

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Was never a huge MGS fan and MGS4 killed my interest completely, but I liked this trailer.

The one snippet of dialogue was gravely concerning, but overall it's refreshing to see a Japanese game with some AAA ambition. Maybe I actually miss Kojima's bullshit a little bit. Looking forward to seeing more.

It's familiar. I'd like to see more familiar titles.

The new Metal Gear:

It's not Rex:

But it's not quite ZEKE either:

Maybe Skull Face picked ZEKE up from the ocean floor after GZ and spent the last nine years playing his own Outer Ops missions to upgrade it? It definitely has the Rex head, of course, but it's much smaller and more spindly overall, big bulbous radome, smaller railgun, no high heels, etc.

Maybe Skull Face picked ZEKE up from the ocean floor after GZ and spent the last nine years playing his own Outer Ops missions to upgrade it? It definitely has the Rex head, of course, but it's much smaller and more spindly overall, big bulbous radome, smaller railgun, no high heels, etc.

He would have had to track down Zadornov a couple of times, first! :p Honestly, seeing a Metal Gear in a photo-realistic environment is something I'm really excited about.

I liked it. I'm willing to bet everything in the trailer was real time too.

It was! Everything shown in MGSV has been real-time, with the exception of Ground Zeroes' cover art. :-D

Furyous

I just remembered that Kojima stated that this trailer was supposed to be "hard to watch." Did anyone else get that feeling at all because there definitely wasn't anything "hard to watch" imo. Not compared to last year's trailer.

This trailer is disturbing...

There's a shit load of blood. The vulture at the beginning is disturbing. Big Boss walking across a battlefield with dead bodies is messed up. Their knives being made out of ashes is very disturbing. The torture, drowning, and horn play a role in this. Blood soaked big boss is creepy. I could go on for at least another paragraph.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

There's a shit load of blood. The vulture at the beginning is disturbing. Big Boss walking across a battlefield with dead bodies is messed up. Their knives being made out of ashes is very disturbing. The torture, drowning, and horn play a role in this. Blood soaked big boss is creepy. I could go on for at least another paragraph.

It's depictions of virtual war, not a dance party. He isn't going to address his men for 10 hours, shoot 3 people, and have it all end up being MGS.

He's always seemed pretty humble in interviews, it's just his marketing etc. that he tends to be more of a "showman", so to speak.

Did you read that interview HardcoreGaming101 did with the translator of MGS2? After MGS1's success, he became way too convinced of his (meager) skills as a writer and far more controlling about the scripts.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

None of that stuff is disturbing when it comes to other stuff we've seen in video games or film before. Especially not vultures, blood soaked character, or battlefield full of dead bodies. We've seen all of that before in video games before. And the
knives being made out of ashe diamonds
is a theory and isn't confirmed.

Betty

Banned
Oh fuck me that was amazing!

What's sticking out of his forehead near the end of the trailer?

It's in his head throughout the trailer, it's shrapnel we think.

And the
knives being made out of ashe diamonds
is a theory and isn't confirmed.

He literally says
they'll turn them into diamonds and bring them on the battlefield,
I'd say it has a good chance of being true.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Did you read that interview HardcoreGaming101 did with the translator of MGS2? After MGS1's success, he became way too convinced of his (meager) skills as a writer and far more controlling about the scripts.

No, I didn't. Have you got a link?

I'm more interested in the 'weapon to surpass Metal Gear' that Kaz mentions in the E3 2013 trailer.

It's either the Snake boys or the Patriot AIs.... or both.

Almost feels like this year and last years trailers were reversed. Historically the more story focused trailer got released closer to the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom