• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BprjNPuCYAELlpa.png:large

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
He literally says
they'll turn them into diamonds and bring them on the battlefield,
I'd say it has a good chance of being true.
That would be odd
because Eli and Quiet both get a slowmo lens flare knife scene too
. I just remembered last year's trailer where
Snake kills those people in the cage who have diamonds.
wonder what that scene means now?

I'm more interested in the 'weapon to surpass Metal Gear' that Kaz mentions in the E3 2013 trailer.

My guess is Solid and Liquid Snake, possibly? There's a very good chance that we see Naomi Hunter in this game, so who knows - maybe it's an early take on FOXDIE?

Betty

Banned
That would be odd
because Eli and Quiet both get a slowmo lens flare knife scene too

Probably because
Quiet joins Diamond Dogs along with Eli and they get ones of their own, or Eli may have stolen the knife, Big Boss look pretty pissed when Eli pulls it on him.

I just remembered last year's trailer where
Snake kills those people in the cage who have diamonds.
wonder what that scene means now?

We don't know 100% if
he kills them or not ye
t
, but either way I'd say he wants the Diamonds because the money they'd bring in would help grow his private army.

I didn't like it when Granin was retconned as the real inventor of Metal Gear in MGS3, along with plans that looked exactly like REX.

I didn't like it when ZEKE looked exactly like a skinny shorter REX, right down to the rail gun and radome.

I don't like it now that Outer Heaven/Diamond Dogs have basically skinny REX, with the dinosaur head and machine gun eyes.

Now Otacon is a plagiarist who just made REX bigger and with a laser dick, and Madnar's whole cool 1980s anime mecha designs for TX55 and D are just Big Boss buying the generic bagged cereal because he couldn't afford the real thing.

News Bot

Banned
It's 100% Zeke. That's part of the story of Peace Walker AND Ground Zeroes.

MSF builds Zeke at the end of Peace Walker, and in Ground Zeroes Huey hides Zeke on the Ocean Floor

I know, but it isn't Zeke. Or at the very least, it's not 100% Zeke. Zeke with REX's head, perhaps, but it's still pretty bad.

Trying to understand why Kojima chose that song, I found this little nugget about Mike Oldfield and what his own song means to him:

Nuclear – is about Oldfield’s conviction that he is still living with the fall out of his grandfather’s traumatic experience in the First World War. “I never knew him,” he says, “So I hired a company to find out about him. It turned out he was a great character before the war but came home a very different man. My mum was one of ten or eleven kids and all the children born after the war had problems like hers. I wanted to see if I could spread my senses in the place he was. I travelled around Ypres and the battlefield museums and I saw the graves of his regiment: the Royal Munster Fusiliers. And I could feel it. Still there. It’s a blessing and a curse for those of us who have this extra sensitivity.”

SJRB

Gold Member
TIME FOR RETRIBUTION

Nothing gets me more pumped than seeing that haha, someone's going to pay for burning down Mother Base.

Now Otacon is a plagiarist who just made REX bigger and with a laser dick, and Madnar's whole cool 1980s anime mecha designs for TX55 and D are just Big Boss buying the generic bagged cereal because he couldn't afford the real thing.

This is the main reason I don't want Kojima to do a WW2 game about The Boss, because he'd introduce a steam-powered proto-Shagohod, and The Boss would have a mentor called Small Boss or something that was an even bigger badass than she was and actually came up with all the cool stuff we thought she came up with.

Had this idea last night, just got around to making it.
14360034526_fc39362383_o.gif

Are his own soldiers he created trying to turn against him because what of what he forced them to endure (forced killing their fellows at training, kidnapping child soldiers and making them join his army etc)? To be honest i don't blame this soldier, but I am sure he won't do it. This MGS is very emotional!

Ninjimbo

This is a great trailer. It was all cutscenes and story yet I don't feel like I was being spoiled. I'm hyped up and I can't even predict a plot for the game.

Holy shit. Was that Ocelot?

Yeah, man! You don't remember his monologue from last year's trailer?

Afghanistan is a BIG place. I expect you to become quite familiar with those binoculars as you plan your next move. How and where you make it, well, that's up to you. *Fox engine logo* Now, go! Let the legend come back to life...

Tekku

I have to say this is probably one of a few times where I don't think the gifs and edited pics are particularly funny. I even find them slightly distasteful. The game and its themes doesn't strike me as something funny in any form whatsoever.

This is the main reason I don't want Kojima to do a WW2 game about The Boss, because he'd introduce a steam-powered proto-Shagohod, and The Boss would have a mentor called Small Boss or something that was an even bigger badass than she was and actually came up with all the cool stuff we thought she came up with.

Ok great now I can't stop imagining a midget special forces badass breaking the Boss's arm and throwing her off a bridge.

Any mirrors for people who missed it? PEACE.

It is the Japanese version (some dialogue differences/same song though), but my link has been up from the time I uploaded it surprisingly.
Downsampled from 1080p to save space and keep the audio quality relativity high, but here it is. Remember to unmute!
http://a.pomf.se/gqcieu.webm
EDIT: If it is messed up, it may need time to load.
Right clicking and saving it works if streaming does not!
Make sure to read everything before complaining. If you're on certain mobile devices, it may not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom