• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV:TPP not be playable at TGS, but there will be a stage presentation and video

Palpable

Gotta side with the Patriot here.

MGS3 2004 trailer was the shit. When that music kicked in, and those text [SURVIVING SINCE 196X] popped out, my brain exploded into pure epicness.

I shit you not, I watched that trailer every single day after school until the game came out. I was 14 at the time. I couldn't get enough.

Palpable

That explains it, you were too young to appreciate mgs 2 at the time. It was a quantum leap in visuals.

Oh I was too young to fully appreciate it, I know. I played MGS1 when it came out in 98, and MGS2 again in 2001. The reason I remember MGS3 so well is because I was old enough to really keep up with the media and hype prior to the game coming out (I did play the shit out of the MGS2 demo, though). For some reason I don't really remember MGS2's lead up. Maybe I was just too young.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Kojima has giving no fucks given lately so I'm expecting something nuts like Big Boss's dog as a playable character, or at least you can order the dog to attack guards and poop.

Oh man, I've been waiting to see the dog in action for the longest time! Or any kind of A.I companions, really. Crossing fingers for TGS.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
A 2014 release would be god's gift to mankind. Q1 2015 is expected though. April or May would be devastatingly disappointing.

Spaghetti

i'm certain it's not playable simply because of how the game is designed. it's not really something you can have in booths while ensuring the line doesn't spiral out of control.

ground zeroes wasn't playable last tgs but still released in march. don't know where the fuck some of you are getting the idea this won't be out until late 2015.

Jingo

Can someone explain me how so many of you came with the idea it was releasing this year? This has zero chances of happening, Konami and kojima love to advertise the hell out of their games, a release date to this year wouldnt give them the necessary time to hype us like crazy.

Palpable

Can someone explain me how so many of you came with the idea it was releasing this year? This has zero chances of happening, Konami and kojima love to advertise the hell out of their games, a release date to this year wouldnt give them the necessary time to hype us like crazy.

Because Ground Zeroes' date was announced on December 9th and came out in March. 3-4 months. MGS3 release date was announced at TGS 2004 and came out that November (iirc). I'm thinking it'll be early 2015.

SkylineRKR

This Afghanistan thing gives me MGS4 Middle East vibes. And not because of the location.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the game can't live up to that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Kojima posted a scan from a magazine at Gamescom which said "Release: Q4 2014"

Chinner

Banned
Pmw7U9q.jpg

Go find any article about the MGS 2 trailer reveal. Nothing comes close. MGS as an IP was on top of the fucking industry when that trailer was shown.

Pachimari

That's a good one. :)

Though I'm actually more excited about Metal Gear V as that's my favorite franchise since I were a kid. And also Persona 5.

Sn4ke_911

Kojima talks about "luxurious guest" (yeah i know google translate) on twitter so i would assume he talks about special guests?!

Maybe Troy Baker? that would be so cool ..........or David Hayter to be on the TGS stage?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Sn4ke_911

leuhkikcskn4.gif

but it's more likely some japanese voice actors such as Akio Ōtsuka (The voice of Snake) will be on stage.

Still very exciting to hear what they think about MGSV. I hope we get an english translation for this presentation.

Kojima talks about "luxurious guest" (yeah i know google translate) on twitter so i would assume he talks about special guests?!

Maybe Troy Baker? that would be so cool ..........or David Hayter to be on the TGS stage?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

It's going to be a Hollywood personality, so either Kiefer or Del Toro.

if GZ didn't exist, the lack of a playable TPP build would be concerning. but it's obvious most of the groundwork was there a long time ago

Top Bottom