• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV:TPP not be playable at TGS, but there will be a stage presentation and video

wilsonda

quite honestly, the trailer could be 10 minutes of blank screen with a release date at the end... and it would be the best trailer of all time....

I'm still on MGSV Media blackout ( I've watched all the gameplay demos, but still haven't watched the 2014 E3 trailer). so I probably will try not to watch any new video if it spoils anything

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
quite honestly, the trailer could be 10 minutes of blank screen with a release date at the end... and it would be the best trailer of all time....

I'm still on MGSV Media blackout ( I've watched all the gameplay demos, but still haven't watched the 2014 E3 trailer). so I probably will try not to watch any new video if it spoils anything

It's amazing how little they've shown of the game yet. Even the E3 2014 trailer doesn't spoil shit and it's sooooo good.

STANDING...

SJRB

Gold Member
I guess the "problem" is that the game feels like it's done, nothing in the Afghanistan and Mother Base demos seemed like it's still a work in progress.

Level and asset design probably took up most of the development time, and who knows how far they are with that.

I guess the "problem" is that the game feels like it's done, nothing in the Afghanistan and Mother Base demos seemed like it's still a work in progress.

Level and asset design probably took up most of the development time, and who knows how far they are with that.

The gameplay definitely seems completely feature-complete, but the details are the thing that either aren't done or aren't being shown....how do you build MB? Can you directly determine where all your assetts are on some sim city shit? What about this forward operating base? These elements could potentially be extremely dense and we've seen none of it. And based on kojima's statements about the SP being almost too long to finish, the game is clearly a gigantic under-taking that we've seen very very little of.

If there wasn't already previous confirmation of an early 2015 target, I'd be really worried about this game even seeing a 2015 release. I'd be perfectly happy with this coming out a year from now, so rather than disappointment, I'd be ecstatic for any release date summer 2015 or earlier.

As far as the 2014 rumor, my hope is that it's based on an MGO beta for late 2014

Ganondorfo

Are there codec conversations in this game, just like in previous games, where you see both faces talking to each other. I always felt that was the Metal Gear charm, they should never ignore that.

It's amazing how little they've shown of the game yet. Even the E3 2014 trailer doesn't spoil shit and it's sooooo good.

STANDING...

Seeing Big Boss and REDACTED together at Outer Heaven with a REDACTED predecessor is pretty spoilerific I'd say, I would've preferred not to of seen that already, even though it got me SO HYPED.

Jimmydg

You can recreate with the lyrics of the trailer :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3fPo5JsPtY

Dawg

Seeing Big Boss and Skullface together at Outer Heaven with a Metal Gear REX predecessor is pretty spoilerific I'd say, I would've preferred not to of seen that already, even though it got me SO HYPED.

Kojima did that shit on purpose. He wants people to speculate about why they're together? Are they allies now? Enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Are there codec conversations in this game, just like in previous games, where you see both faces talking to each other. I always felt that was the Metal Gear charm, they should never ignore that.

There was in peace walker, but it was used very sparingly and with still pics of the characters. Something similar may show up in TPP, but When in a mission, i expect the codec/radio will be concurrent with gameplay...which is 1000x better to me.

Kojima did that shit on purpose. He wants people to speculate about why they're together? Are they allies now? Enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Of course he did, every scene in every trailer is definitely calculated, I just think it would have been more of a surprise to be sucker punched in the game rather than already know nearly a year(?) in advance.

yuraya

I would be lying if I said I didn't want another song trailer :p but it doesn't really matter at this point. Kojima has shown enough trailers and gameplay in the past 2 years. Just give release date. And also ground zeroes PC release date pls.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want another song trailer :p but it doesn't really matter at this point. Kojima has shown enough trailers and gameplay in the past 2 years. Just give release date. And also ground zeroes PC release date pls.
Ground Zeroes PC = Nov/Dec 2014
TPP PS360, PS4, XBONE = March 17th 2015
TPP PC = Summer or Fall 2015 (doubt they'll release it on PC same time as consoles)

That's what I'm expecting

Seeing Big Boss and Skullface together at Outer Heaven with a Metal Gear REX predecessor is pretty spoilerific I'd say, I would've preferred not to of seen that already, even though it got me SO HYPED.

The thing with Kojima is that you think you've been spoiler'd... but you really haven't been. We know 100% that there has been some misdirection in all the trailers released so far. Since the very start before we even knew what game 'The Phantom Pain' was, we were being misled.

And actually that scene (BB with Skullface jumping off the Jeep, combined with the music (nuclear)) is my favorite scene in all the trailers so far. HYPED INDEED!

The thing with Kojima is that you think you've been spoiler'd... but you really haven't been. We know 100% that there has been some misdirection in all the trailers released so far. Since the very start before we even knew what game 'The Phantom Pain' was, we were being misled.

And actually that scene (BB with Skullface jumping off the Jeep, combined with the music (nuclear)) is my favorite scene in all the trailers so far. HYPED INDEED!
That's true, but I didn't like that being revealed. I know I can go on a media blackout, but to me its nearly impossible when it comes to anything MGS-related. I wish they would just focus on gameplay and multiplayer from now on until the release (which I hope is March 15), and keep the story reveals to a bare minimum.
(I still hate myself when I got spoiled on Raiden back before MGS2 came out, thanks gamefaqs forums)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
My sentiments exactly.

Early 2015 at the latest is the only acceptable-feeling release date to me. Well, that and the end of this year. ;)
That release date better avoid February like the plague. The literal plague. The ones found in bloodborne, and likely the witcher 3.

I am really hoping for some jungle gameplay. Rain and night-time would be even more amazing.

I want a sniper duel like the one with The End in MGS3 in this new, open-world jungle. Stalking/being stalked by another sniper/group of snipers would be undeniably amazing.

My mind is running wild with boss battle ideas at the moment - I am very excited to see what Kojima has in store for us in that area with TPP.

Bring on late 2014/early 2015!

Yeah, I hope they spoil the rest of the game.

They don't have to spoil anything. We already know Big Boss is going to Africa in the game; Konami could very well show gameplay of that without any narrative included.

I want to see BB running in a Savanah full of Zebras, Giraffes, Rhinos and shit, and him Fultoning their asses back to Mother Base.

I need more music to listen to so I would be happy with another song trailer that will have me replaying it 6 times a day. And a release date too..

If we don't get a release date at TGS, VGA's is the most likely candidate and I still believe it's going to be at the VGA's.. but without a doubt we getting a release date before the end of the year.

I'll say it again even if Love thinks I'm crazy GZ was released in march 18,2014 so TPP will be released march 17,2015
La-li-lu-le-lo aka believe

There will be rioting if we don't get one.

Seriously!

If we don't get a release date, I will be inconsolably angry. I don't know why it's so important to get a release date for this game; but at this point Kojima really just needs to give it to us. It makes me shake with anger and gives me a queasy, tingling feeling just thinking about another possible MGSV: TPP release date snub for the umpteenth time.

I wish we could at least get a hint about if we will get something of a release date at TGS this year.

Just a teensy, weensy little hint perhaps?!?

STANDING...

I hope it stays this way. The MGS trailers unfortunately have a tendency to spoil more and more the closer they get to release.

Own the show Koji-God.

Better+version+_3632a6249c6764020337e20f8f58a38c.gif

Palpable

I'm sure HGW and Akiro Honda will do an amazing job as usual with the music (same with Ludvig, his GZ motif is awesome), I must admit I'm very disappointed with Konami's decision to stop hiring Norihiko Hibino for some of the music. MGS2 and MGS3's background music during gameplay were probably the most memorable because of this guy. I think MGS4's soundtrack suffered because of his exclusion.

The MGS2 BGM is so amazing. Why would they stop hiring him!?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm sure HGW and Akiro Honda will do an amazing job as usual with the music (same with Ludvig, his GZ motif is awesome), I must admit I'm very disappointed with Konami's decision to stop hiring Norihiko Hibino for some of the music. MGS2 and MGS3's background music during gameplay were probably the most memorable because of this guy. I think MGS4's soundtrack suffered because of his exclusion.

The MGS2 BGM is so amazing. Why would they stop hiring him!?

A lot of 7th gen and 8th gen game soundtracks are generic. I guess because they try to be more like movies in their score.

quite honestly, the trailer could be 10 minutes of blank screen with a release date at the end... and it would be the best trailer of all time

I feel exactly the same way at this point. Kojima knows that we are all frothing at the mouth for the release date; it's not like that thought escapes him.

ToraShiro said it was a new demo and that we should be very excited about it.

I'm hoping for African jungle gameplay, showcasing day and night + in the rain - and the release date of course!

wilsonda

If we do get the release date at TGS:

galv5Il.gif

If we don't get the release date at TGS:

grf.gif

This had me rolling on the floor man. The first GIF represents exactly how I will feel. I don't even what to think about the option that we won't get a release date at TGS. If we don't get a release date at TGS, I feel like that would mean that it probably isn't coming till Mid 2015

Sn4ke_911

I need more music to listen to so I would be happy with another song trailer that will have me replaying it 6 times a day. And a release date too..

No more songs please. I want the new trailer to FINALLY feature some of Harry Gregson-Williams score.

This had me rolling on the floor man. The first GIF represents exactly how I will feel. I don't even what to think about the option that we won't get a release date at TGS. If we don't get a release date at TGS, I feel like that would mean that it probably isn't coming till Mid 2015

Finally!

I was cracking up when I saw that Patrick Stewart gif and then nobody mentioned that it was funny to them too. At least you found it funny. :)

I feel very excited/nervous about the TGS showing. Excited, because of the new trailer and gameplay demo - but nervous that we may not [yet again] get the release date.

bullets.gif

No more songs please. I want the new trailer to FINALLY feature some of Harry Gregson-Williams score.

I'm glad you brought that up. It reminded me that I'm worried about Harry Gregson-Williams' involvement in TPP at this point. It looks like he might not be on board anymore?!?

If you look at the credits screen of the TPP E3 2014 trailer at 4:59 you will notice that his name is absent from the credits.

Maybe they forgot to add him?!

EDIT: I noticed that it's not in the GZ post-credits teaser either.

Sn4ke_911

Actually if you listen closely to the Snake and Ocelot talking, while Ocelot gives you Kaz's glasses, you can hear the same theme. Pretty good!

I don't think it's the same theme but still awesome.

Man i can't wait to hear more from the soundtrack.

I'm glad you brought that up. It reminded me that I'm worried about Harry Gregson-Williams' involvement in TPP at this point. It looks like he might not be on board anymore?!?

If you look at the credits screen of the TPP E3 2014 trailer at 4:59 you will notice that his name is absent from the credits.

Maybe they forgot to add him?!

EDIT: I noticed that it's not in the GZ post-credits teaser either.

Yeah i noticed that too, pretty weird. He better composes the soundtrack, "Lead Composer = Ludvig Forssell" worries me a bit.

HGW always made incredible soundtracks for the series, he better is not out.

Yeah i noticed that too, pretty weird. He better composes the soundtrack, "Lead Composer = Ludvig Forssell" worries me a bit.

HGW always made incredible soundtracks for the series, he better is not out.

HGW is amazing. He is one of my favorite composers and to have him scoring my favorite game series is amazing to me. I hope things didn't fall through. If anyone needs a reminder just how amazing a composer HGW is; just listen to this.

I will say this- maybe Ludo is just so bad-ass at composing, that Kojima felt they didn't need to outsource. I do like what I've been hearing so far from Mr. Forssell!

Top Bottom