• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Jackson died 10 years ago today

cryptoadam

Banned

i can understand Weird Al's point of view, as he has always tried to be a family friendly non confrontational jokester. he doesn't seem to be making any judgements with this statement, just doesn't want to upset people, and i can respect that. still it makes me sad cos i am finally seeing him this weekend but classic tracks like "Fat" or "Eat It" will be missing. wish i had seen him before this damn HBO movie.

Nah this is total Bullshit.

Where was weird all in the 90's and 2000's when MJ was on Trial for these accusations. What about a few years ago when these two scammers filed their first court cases against MJ BEFORE they made their little one sided doc?

Its not like MJ=Pedophile is some new shocking development. This shit hounded MJ for decades. All of a sudden now people get cold feet. I guess it was ok when MJ was molesting Chandler and the other kid, but now that Safechuck did an interview with ominus music and a million drone shots he finally crossed the line.

Its hilarouse to me. Its like if all of a sudden everyone only realized today that Charles Manson was a bad guy or something. If you didn't cancel MJ after his 2 trials, after the original accusations by these 2 schmoes, you are a hyprocrite for doing it after this crappy "documentary" aired.

cryptoadam

Banned
There isn't.

Want to debate on this topic? Then post on this thread. If you do, then your argument is going to get shut down, quickly.

This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

Everyone who has tried to defend these accusers only prove to be ignorant regarding the actual facts of these cases.

The documentary is a complete joke.

They removed scenes after they were caught in lies.

They put testimony from so called "witnesses" who lied in court and were ordered to pay Michael Jackson money because they were found guilty of fraud.

Wade Robson already went to court in 2013, and one of the reasons WHY his case was thrown out was because he committed perjury.

Not only that, Wade's own mother help him create this fake story as found in emails by the MJ Esate.

In Joy Robson's 2016 deposition, she testified UNDEROATH that Wade Robson was NOT left at Michael Jackson's house the week he was allegedly abused.

This is an actual e-mail conversation Wade Robson had with is mother. Wade Robson is asking his mother questions (Wade is trying to write a book, something he tried to hide from the Estate) and one question is about the RV trip

Her response is: I will take a look at what I have written. I have several versions. I will let you know if I think it is something that will benefit you.
D1OPviWXQAAkJSD.jpg:large

Go on the other thread if you want to continue this discussion. The lies these accusers have told are overwhelming. You're only going to post your so called "evidence" that has been debunked for years.

Wade was "caught lying repeatedly"

Anyone who has looked up this case can easily see how Wade was caught in so many lies.

D2XBnVdWsAEY0Sh.jpg:large

I think we can just look at numbers. Yes a child molester is not going to molest every kid, but if he was the predator he was portrayed to be, then there would be alot more people coming out.

MJ must of interacted with 1000's of kids. He did work with so many children, every day, every tour etc.. Yet there have been what 7 accusers? 7 out of 10000.

If he was some insatiable child molester he would of molested more that .00000001% of the children he came in contact with. And he has been dead for 10 years plenty of people could come forward by this time. I mean Robson/Safechuk are trying to cash in I would expect at least more phonies would try to smear MJ and take advantage of him being dead to float stories. But even in the aftermath of Finding Neverland we didn't get a MeToo moment where tons of kids came out of the woodwork, actually we got the opposite where people defended MJ from these accusations.

This guy could of ran a harem of children banging a new one each night. He had access to thousand upon thousand of them. Yet he refrained outside of a bunch of sketchy people who all have stories with more holes than swiss cheese.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Nah this is total Bullshit.

not gonna speak for Weird Al personally, but he continued to perform that material through the 90s, so i am pretty sure he didn't believe the rumors. the statement he put out is ambiguous enough to read like he is doing this out of respect for the audience, and that it is directly related to the documentary, which is very much on people's minds. as for why he's doing it now, it's obvious, this isn't the 90s anymore, this is 2019, and that movie has convinced people that this is the truth and MJ must be cancelled. right now there is that "You are either with us or against us" mentality. Weird Al is not going to torpedo his career over a few songs he's already performed hundreds of times.

he isn't trashing MJ, it's not like he is going to destroy all copies of his albums, or delete his videos from the web. he just doesn't want the controversy. anyone with their eyes open knows the kind of witch hunt atmosphere we are in right now and how public opinion can quickly be organized by bad actors to take someone down. i don't blame him.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
not gonna speak for Weird Al personally, but he continued to perform that material through the 90s, so i am pretty sure he didn't believe the rumors. the statement he put out is ambiguous enough to read like he is doing this out of respect for the audience, and that it is directly related to the documentary, which is very much on people's minds. as for why he's doing it now, it's obvious, this isn't the 90s anymore, this is 2019, and that movie has convinced people that this is the truth and MJ must be cancelled. right now there is that "You are either with us or against us" mentality. Weird Al is not going to torpedo his career over a few songs he's already performed hundreds of times.

he isn't trashing MJ, it's not like he is going to destroy all copies of his albums, or delete his videos from the web. he just doesn't want the controversy. anyone with their eyes open knows the kind of witch hunt atmosphere we are in right now and how public opinion can quickly be organized by bad actors to take someone down. i don't blame him.

I don't disagree that with today's culture it makes more sense to cancel than not to. Its not worth the trouble. But he is still is a hypocrite, or anyone that cancels like the Simpsons did, or that place that took down his statue.

And the doc is way less convincing than his two trials and accusations for the 90's and the 2000's. Again my point is simply that MJ and the pedophile stuff is not new. This has dogged him for years. So its like hey I will continue to make money off this pedophile but now all of a sudden I have morals because of a crappy documentary. If you stood by MJ before with way worse allegations and actual trials, its just hypocritcal to stop now. And Robson already came out like 2 years ago with these allegations, had a court case, went on TV etc...

But ya I get your point, its a hot issue and its follow the leader. If he didn't do it he would be mobbed on twitter and then he would probably be canceled and called all kinds of names. I doubt Al makes a ton of scratch off Eat It and Fat so the oppurtunity cost is not worth it for him.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
why is he a hypocrite? he is simply not performing them "for now", he says it isn't permanent. it is entirely within Weird Al's style to tone down things for his audience, this is why his songs have no cussing and no sexual jokes. he mostly sings about food, some of his songs don't even have many jokes, but his band is so good and he is an expert at nailing the pop style. his entire career has been adapting to current pop trends, and right now Star Wars is in so he is doing a lot of that related material, MJ is not so popular, sadly. i agree it sucks but it is totally up to Al to decide what songs he does or does not play on stage. as stated, he has made clear this isn't meant to be permanent.

it fucking sucks. this era of cancel culture pressures people into following the herd and shutting people down. it's fascistic IMO. personally, if i were DJing somewhere, i would still play MJ, and people would still dance to it. but i am a nobody. when you are that famous and in the media sphere, they will throw you to the wolves in a second if it will make them a quick buck. witness what they did to MJ, over and over, til then end of his career, and now on past his death. RIP

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
love the video for "Leave Me Alone" from Moonwalker that addresses his controversies and his relationship w the press in the late 80s. the video is a crazy Terry Gilliam style stop motion animation with dogs dressed up as journalists operating a freak show carnival that has him in chains. there is some amazing powerful visuals here and the song rules too. very relevant.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think we can just look at numbers. Yes a child molester is not going to molest every kid, but if he was the predator he was portrayed to be, then there would be alot more people coming out.

MJ must of interacted with 1000's of kids. He did work with so many children, every day, every tour etc.. Yet there have been what 7 accusers? 7 out of 10000.

I found out today that they re-aired Leaving Neverland and removed James Safechuck mentioning the Train Station.

It's crazy that people still find these people credible.

CeroFrio996

Banned
I found out today that they re-aired Leaving Neverland and removed James Safechuck mentioning the Train Station.

It's crazy that people still find these people credible.
I mean considering how much debauchery exists in Hollywood I feel like most people are primed to believe something like this. I don't think MJ's proximity to children really helped the issue, though pointing out that only 7:10000 victims came forward isn't really a reasonable argument. Cases involving children are often under reported because they don't necessarily understand what happened to them.

To be clear the evidence for people trying to scam him is a much stronger argument for his innocence, however I still wouldn't be surprised if one day we found out he had some skeletons in his closet. He didn't have an easy childhood and stuff like that can mess with a person.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
btw, Weird Al show was awesome, and "Eat It" was still a part of it. there were some segments where they played comedy skits and stuff while the band got into costume changes. one was a real Jeopardy where all the categories were Weird Al songs and when it got to "Eat It" it got a good response from the crowd. later they showed a fake behind the music style movie which played a good bit of the song too. both times got cheers.

^

Don't forget the isometric beat em-up arcade game that Sega made. This arcade was rare af, I only saw it in the wild once I think. Dope ass OST with chiptune versions of all of MJ's greatest hits to.

Just run around as MJ charging of kamehahehas.

VulcanRaven

Here is a great documentary by LaVelle Smith Jr.:

He was a dancer who worked with Michael for many years. That reherasal clip after the end credits was great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom