• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox man - Yusuf Mehdi is at the Surface event today ?

dovella

O7HfNsG.jpg

Surface Alienware ?

la97o87.png

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2014/may14/05-20webcast.aspx

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1t7rSZT_77E

bpjgI3a.png

http://blog.surface.com/2014/05/announcing-surface-pro-3/#.U3uAWPhZYe0.twitter

Ade

Major Nelson was tweeting about it too.

Chances are rather than anything Xboxy, they're just trying to brin the Suface out from the cold and make a point of it been "part of the family"

rjc571

Banned
He'll be there to explain that the low interest in the Surface is due to everybody being happy with their Zune and not wanting to upgrade.

dugdug

Banned
Ugh. Hope he's just there for support. I'm interested in whatever this Surface event is about, but, hope Mehdi's not involved in any way.

He'll be there to explain that the low interest in the Surface is due to everybody being happy with their Zune and not wanting to upgrade.

Damn...DAMN.

This is really just a matter of executives attending their company's event I presume.

That said, the Surface does play nice with the Bone already, so maybe they're announcing more on the software front?

Tsundere

Banned
He's going to probably announce Kinect for Surface, and demo how easy it is to navigate Surface without using your hands.

jelly

Zune HD is amazing, still going strong for me.

Hopefully nothing Smartglass, look how you can control IE on your Xbox with a Surface Mini. Why..

dovella

Can Microsoft surprise the world today like it did almost two years ago with the original Surface?

................................... :)

sgtmofo

Neo Member
This event is solely about Surface? I think enhanced Smartglass functionality is a good bet, but I'm kinda hoping they talk more about all apps being one ecosystem with PC/Tablets/X1.

He's probably going to be promoting Xbox Video and Xbox Originals: now on Windows 8, so you don't even need to buy a 360 to watch it.

A quantity of humour that is both wicked and sick.

Show me I can remote play an Xbox One with a Surface RT tablet (with wired 360 controller) and I'll buy an Xbox One the Friday after the Kinectless Xbox One sku is available. I'm solidly in the PS4 camp...but that would make me falter.

I dare you Microsoft.

Got an easy one. If Microsoft shows ANY first person shooter playing on Surface RT and I'll buy an Xbox One this weekend.

Show me I can remote play an Xbox One with a Surface RT tablet (with wired 360 controller) and I'll buy an Xbox One this Friday. I'm solidly in the PS4 camp...but that would make me falter.

I dare you Microsoft.

Yeah that would make me purchase an Xbox One easy. Big opportunity to integrate their products but then again I could say that about a ton of MS stuff but they usually don't.

Remember when people wore suits to these events?

Apple changed the world folks. Changed the world.

People can talk shit all they want about the Windows RT platform.

The only thing the RT platform lacks is..
1) demand
2) games

Seriously, compared to an android tablet, Amazon Fire HD and an iPad the Surface RT is the most enjoyable to use. Live tiles + built in USB port + the absolute best web browsing experience on a tablet.

jaypah

Freezer burn.

He's probably just there for moral support but I hope it's because of some more software integration with XO.

I'm more surprised that Surface is still a thing. Is anyone buying that device?
I don't know if people are buying it. The surface pro 2 is excellent though. It is by far most useful tablet in my experience. Not sure why the surface isn't catching on. Well at least the surface pro. I don't know if windows rt is good or not I haven't really played with it.

Top Bottom