• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox man - Yusuf Mehdi is at the Surface event today ?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
On the Microsoft website, they're comparing it to a 13" MacBook Pro... which is pretty much a completely different kind of device:

screenshot2014-05-20a56koz.png

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...190600?WT.mc_id=SurfaceBG=Surface-Pro-3-i3-64
the surface pro and macbook are very similar, surface just has touch, detachable keyboard and a digitizer. The internal specs are similar as well as the OS. A lot more than a ipad vs a surface pro, which really only have one similarity, touch.

ElNino

On the Microsoft website, they're comparing it to a 13" MacBook Pro... which is pretty much a completely different kind of device:
In what way is a MBP a completely different kind of device?

I've been using a Surface Pro for almost two years now and it has replaced my desktop and work laptop almost completely. I can't remember the last time I even powered my desktop up since the SP is better in every regard.

sakata1

Neo Member
I'm guessing the i7 is the same as the ones featured in a CTO Macbook Air. So just a dual core like the i5 and at best 10% faster.

Best to get the cheapest one with 8gb ram.

Top Bottom