• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox man - Yusuf Mehdi is at the Surface event today ?

zebwinz

Lots of "hand drawn" images on the wall... Pen support?

Y3bZqsS.png
This is supposedly a Surface Mini event and the rumor is that it has a digital pen, similar to Samsung's Smart Pen on the Note 3.

Surface pro is a great device, problem is the price, it's fucking insanely expensive.

I'd love to get a Surface Pro 2 but I'm happy with my Pro 1. Wish this thing had more USB ports though :/

Tobor

I don't know if people are buying it. The surface pro 2 is excellent though. It is by far most useful tablet in my experience. Not sure why the surface isn't catching on. Well at least the surface pro. I don't know if windows rt is good or not I haven't really played with it.

The surface pro is a heavy brick. It's too heavy to be a good tablet. It's slightly better as a laptop, but why wouldn't you just buy a real laptop so you don't have to mess with the kickstand and the shitty keyboard/trackpad?

It doesn't make sense as a mainstream product.

I don't know if people are buying it. The surface pro 2 is excellent though. It is by far most useful tablet in my experience. Not sure why the surface isn't catching on. Well at least the surface pro. I don't know if windows rt is good or not I haven't really played with it.

From the very start Microsoft did an absolutely shit job differentiating the Surface RT platform from a tablet that can run full blown Windows.

Since we haven't seen Linux or Mac OS X being the hottest things on tablets, I'm going to assume that if Microsoft had done a decent job advertising/marketing Windows RT as a tablet platform (live tiles, great web browsing, GAMES, built in USB port, storage expansion, excellent build qualtity) and started with the price at $350 they'd have at least twice the user base.

BUT...just like their original XBox ONe plans..they fucked up to start.

The surface pro is a heavy brick. It's too heavy to be a good tablet. It's slightly better as a laptop, but why wouldn't you just buy a real laptop so you don't have to mess with the kickstand and the shitty keyboard/trackpad?

I never considered it heavy but you make a good point. I like the form factor and pen support. It works well for me for business purposes and for streaming content tablet style.

jaypah

OMG 'Remote Play' without needing a PSVita/VitaTV style device? Brilliant

They originally wanted XO to stream to damn near everything in your house. That's also what people speculated the Miracast inclusion was for. No idea if that's still on the cards though. I agree it would be nice.

Synth

Show me I can remote play an Xbox One with a Surface RT tablet (with wired 360 controller) and I'll buy an Xbox One the Friday after the Kinectless Xbox One sku is available. I'm solidly in the PS4 camp...but that would make me falter.

I dare you Microsoft.

Got an easy one. If Microsoft shows ANY first person shooter playing on Surface RT and I'll buy an Xbox One this weekend.

On one hand, this makes way too much sense... on the other hand it would be absolutely hilarious to see MS try to explain why playing remotely with a X360 joypad poses no issue, yet 360 accessories can't be supported on the console itself. Want to use that 360 fightstick for Killer Instinct (without paying for a cronus max)?.. simply remote in from your Surface RT! lol

Secondly... why would any FPS on a Surface RT cause you to buy an Xbox One?... I can understand the remote play thing... but this?... what?

Good W8 tablets have to be fanless, x86 and light.

Guevara

Yusuf is there to show solitary with another beleaguered consumer product line at Microsoft, to pretend there's some kind of natural synergy, and that these products are an important part of Microsoft's overall strategy.

As a graphic Designer, the fact that they're talking about the design programs compatibility with this tablet is the first time ive been interested.

About.. Damn...Time.

Also, I wonder what the sticker price is.

Stare-Bear

Banned
As a graphic Designer, the fact that they're talking about the design programs compatibility with this tablet is the first time ive been interested.

About.. Damn...Time.

Also, I wonder what the sticker price is.

I wasn't impressed at all...It's sluggish, doesn't respond to gestures a 100% of the time. It doesn't beat a wacom...

Top Bottom