• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces new Xbox One 1TB console; new controller

zedge

Unfortunately I don't use a headset, so I haven't tested it out yet.

Do you mean audio when communicating with other players? Or just sound from a game?

I could connect either the supplied headset, or a gaming headset to test it, although do you know if the crackling was a common issue on the older controller?

Only reason I ask is mine could be ok, but that might be an improvement as such, you might just have got a bad one.

That's fair enough, I've never had a controller with battery issues fortunately, hence my preference. But I can see how it would be an issue should there be a problem, but I'd take the risk the same way any hardware fault can occur.

One "issue" my controller does have is the left bumper keeps sticking. I noticed from new it wouldn't actually push down, I had to use a little force, the button works but gets caught at times, my ocd is getting the better of me.

It's the game audio when using a headset. Chat seems fine.

Kinsella

Banned
The bumpers on the new controller can be pushed down anywhere and they respond.

A subtle change but it is slightly nicer.

To be honest the controller should have launched with a 3.5mm jack and these bumpers.

I'd imagine the jack was left out so people would have to buy the adapter to use headsets.

One thing that does annoy me coming from the ps4 (and even the Wii u) is needing batteries in the controller, or having to buy a play and charge kit. It should be built in in my opinion.

Everything about the Xbox One at launch seemed to be designed around additional purchases. Would have worked out for them too if they were the leading console.

Couldn't disagree more about built in batteries. My eneloops are an infinitely better option than the battery Sony put in every single DS4.

Moreche

Just opened mine and to make people aware, they have also taken away the chrome disc tray surround.
Obviously to cut costs, they give us something and they taketh away.

big_erk

I bought the white Xbox One Master Chief bundle at Target yesterday. When I found this thread I was thinking, they better give me my gift card. I took my receipt to customer service and they loaded up a gift card for me with minimal fuss. Now I just need to decide what game I need next. Any suggestions.

DSC_0188_zpsfsjw0ujd.jpg

She is so sexy.

Blanquito

I bought the white Xbox One Master Chief bundle at Target yesterday. When I found this thread I was thinking, they better give me my gift card. I took my receipt to customer service and they loaded up a gift card for me with minimal fuss. Now I just need to decide what game I need next. Any suggestions.

She is so sexy.

Yeah, that white controller looks great.

RPGamer92

Banned

She is so sexy.
Sunset Overdrive

I love my new white xbox one, got rid of my black titan fall one but decided to keep my kinect..Im hoping I can buy the regular new black controller next week? I know the Camo bro edition is up for preorder, but I just want the standard matte black new one. Anybody know If that'll be available next week too?

Warablo

Oh, cool. I didn't even know the controller could have its firmware updated. Has Microsoft ever improved it with that ? And how are the bumpers different ? Did people not like them before ?

Also, can the Dualshock 4's firmware also be updated ?

Yes, I believe Respawn (TitanFall) was the biggest update. I don't know exactly what it did. I think improved the sensitivity.

The bumpers are the same but they can be clicked on the top now too.

I don't think DS4 has its own firmware. I think it would need to be a PS4 update.

Erimriv

So the official price in Spain for this console is 449€, and it seems that Halo MCC is not included.

In US the price is 399$ including Halo MCC. Sure they don't want to sell XB1's here where PS4 dominates like 7/1. Just don't know what their plan to increases sales in europe is, well, they must have none, they just don't care anymore.

has anyone in the US seen these in stock anywhere? Best buy had the release date listed as 6/16, until today when it moved to 6/17. i have a $75 coupon for the xbox one that i need to use by 6/20

worse comes to worst, i may just buy any xbox one and exchange it when the 1 tb comes in.

SilentDisco

Neo Member
has anyone in the US seen these in stock anywhere? Best buy had the release date listed as 6/16, until today when it moved to 6/17. i have a $75 coupon for the xbox one that i need to use by 6/20

worse comes to worst, i may just buy any xbox one and exchange it when the 1 tb comes in.

I believe the 1tb consoles were shipped to retailers on 6/16. when they receive them and make them available for purchase, not sure.

SilentDisco

Neo Member
I believe the 1tb consoles were shipped to retailers on 6/16. when they receive them and make them available for purchase, not sure.

just a follow up, retailers received initial shipments last night/today and you should be able to walk into a place like bb and pick one up.

GS had them in stock during May, I think there was one more retailer that had it as well.

Has anyone got any impressions of the new consoles?

Yep, got mine on Saturday.

I love it! The Matt finish is really nice, and they have replaced the silver disc slot surround for a gloss black one, matching the panel next to it.

It gives the console a much more "pro" look if that makes sense?!

Only had 760GB of free HDD space though. I thought it would be more?

Kinsella

Banned
The new controller is out separately today, right?

The new one with the built in headphone port was out with the console. I've decided to hold off on getting it though because they just announced the Forza controller that has rubberized grips on it.

The new one with the built in headphone port was out with the console. I've decided to hold off on getting it though because they just announced the Forza controller that has rubberized grips on it.

I did some searching and found 22/06/2015 as the release date. I'd thought it had said 26/06/2015 before.

The Covert Forces one is tempting me, but I want that Forza controller more now that you mentioned it. I want to try a new one, though, to see if it disconnects at random like my regular ones do.

Just got the new controller (with 3.55mm jack) and have a dumb question. Can I/How do I turn up the volume on the headphones while keeping the TV silent?

Pachimari

So I gotta pay €470 for the 1tb Xbox One and €160 for the Kinect separately. I think I might hold off till next year.

So is the new controller exclusive to the 1tb MCC bundle or is it also in the 500gb MCC bundle? I just picked up a 500gb model through Amazon that will come in tomorrow and was curious if it would come with the new controller or not.

vg260

Just got one of the revised controllers, and man are the bumpers so much better.

I'm taking a hit selling my old ones back to buy these. Hated the original bumpers the first time I laid my hands on the controller. I still can't believe they released them like that. They finally they feel good to use.

Headset jack is nice, but I already bought the plug-in headset accessory. I'm still going to keep using it as is doesn't hinder the controller at all and the external control buttons are very nice. Still worth picking up if there's a deal at some point.

witness

Got the 1TB MCC bundle a couple of weeks ago for my b-day. Love the console, it's so quiet compared to my PS4, the controller is great, the amount of apps and how quick and easy it is too expensive from games to apps is fantastic. MCC and Horizon 2 are my perfect games. Horizon 2 would have been my game of the year last year if I had a Xbox One. My wife enjoys it so much she bought a Kinect, $60 refurb, and the voice controls work great. Really makes the console seem complete. It has quickly taken over our living room even though we have a Smart TV. My PS4 just sits there now. My only complaint is that my controller disconnects so often, it's really frustrating. Luckily it hasn't happened in any sessions of Titanfall, which is fucking great along with EA Access, or MCC online. Any fix for this?

So if I buy an xbox one what are the recommended exclusives? I'm really not interested in multi-platform games because I have a ps4.

You did not mention PC so I will assume you are ok with console exclusives.

Depends upon your interest in certain genres but I would highly recommend

Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Forza Horizon 2
Master Chief Collection if you are into Halo at all
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Ryse is worth a rent

Top Bottom