• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft //build/ 2015 |OT| Write Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Now I see why they got all the coding stuff out of the way early.

Bsigg12

Can someone explain the website integration with Windows? I missed that.

Websites that add the functionality can recognize when you are using a Win 10 device and allow you to essentially turn the website into an app by downloading it. At least that's what I remember.

Ensirius

Websites that add the functionality can recognize when you are using a Win 10 device and allow you to essentially turn the website into an app by downloading it. At least that's what I remember.

This also allows the website to bring notifications to WIN10 natively!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I don't want ads on my lock screen, sorry.

EDIT: Optional, good.

Man

Who will develop in Objective-C in Visual Studio? Mac environment is moving over to Swift. It's the sole environment that has kept the language alive. Are Microsoft hoping to extend the life of Obj-C to be a thorn in Mac's side?

MiszMasz

Who will develop in Objective-C in Visual Studio? Mac environment is moving over to Swift. It's the sole environment that has kept the language alive. Are Microsoft hoping to extend the life of Obj-C to be a thorn in Mac's side?

I haven't developed on OS X for a while. How quickly are people shifting over to Swift as their first or usual choice?
I'd be genuinely surprised if Obj-C isn't still the main language for many years to come.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This guy reminds me of Big Head from Silicon Valley.

hqdefault.jpg

chadskin

I haven't developed on OS X for a while. How quickly are people shifting over to Swift as their first or usual choice?
I'd be genuinely surprised if Obj-C isn't still the main language for many years to come.

Swift, Apple’s new language for iOS, has received a special chapter in this report due to its “unprecedented” adoption levels just a few months after being announced. 20% of all mobile developers are using Swift and 2% are using it as the primary language. 48% of Swift adopters are also using Objective C, but not as primary language, while 23% of them were not using Objective C. This is considered as “a good sign for Apple” because “it should lead to more truly native apps being created in the future”. The remaining 29% of these early adopters of Swift are developers already using Objective C as their primary programming language.
http://www.infoq.com/news/2015/03/mobile-survey-swift-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom