• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft does Trade-Ins? Consoles and more

Official Trade-Ins link

I was looking to upgrade my daughters surface to a new one and found out that you can trade-in Xbox consoles or Surface devices, phones and more. You can even trade-in competitors consoles by Sony or Nintendo. It seems they partnered with a company named C.E.Xchange (not sure on the naming as it's a bit weird) to basically allow trade-ins from any one e.g. Samsung or Apple phones or Sony Playstation or Nintendo Switch etc. I have not seen this before so I thought other GAFfers may be interested.

Trade-in & upgrade to the new Xbox Series S
Get up to $200 cash back when you trade in select consoles towards the purchase of the new Xbox Series S.

Trade-in and upgrade to a new Surface device
Convert your old devices into cash with our trade-in program, powered by CExchange.

Out of curiosity I ran through my old OG Xbox One with cables and a Kinect, it came back as AUD$111.50 trade-in. Not bad as I'll likely upgrade to a Series S with that so my daughter isn't stuck with the OG XBone. I've also got a Surface Pro 4 to perhaps trade-in and update as well, not sure on the value of that one yet e.g. better selling separate or trade-in via Microsoft's value.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Happy You Good GIF

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I do this with my family's cell phones through Google. Nice to knock a few hundred bucks off the next one. Great idea for sure and glad to see someone doing it with other consumer electronics. 👏

reksveks

I am looking to trade in my surface laptop 3 for the pro 8, if I could trade in the one x. I might do that as well.

Top Bottom