• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Earnings: 1.2 million Xbox One's shipped in Jan-Mar, 5.1M total (3.9+1.2)

Road

1.2 million shipped. (sold in)

1.2 million + 3.9 million = 5.1 million.

In the press released last week, Microsoft said they were over 5 million. Probably some rounding difference or whatever.

zebwinz

4.2 million X1 vs 7.0 million PS4 consoles sold to consumers to date.
800k X1 on shelves, PS4 continues to be sold out.
Where do you live that PS4s are completely sold out? They've been solidly available on Amazon for over a month. At least half of the major retail stores I've checked have them in store and online.

I'm sure if Sony announced their sold-in to retail numbers that they would be close to 8 million.

Amir0x

Banned
Doesn't seem bad considering how few countries they're in, and the price.

Most of the countries they'd be launching in left would add a fairly trivial additional number to that. We might be looking at 500,000 a month when it launches everywhere worldwide, and that's probably optimistic since things are going to go downhill now that Titanfall is out (since it actually did less WoW in its Titanfall month, which is remarkable).

Xbox One isn't doing "bad", but because the start of this generation is unique from all other console generation transitions I can think of, the quicker start doesn't necessarily tell us the full picture. Next month is going to be extremely telling for Microsoft. If they start average 200k or less in off holiday months in the US, in virtually their only really strong territory remaining, it's trouble.

We need an emergency title change; should be 1.2M shipped, not sold.

Also, this doesn't really match up with the "5M shipped to date" figure they gave us last week… =/

FleetFeet

Not surprised by these numbers, considering they were giving away their biggest game away for free with a retailer price cut... the whole focus on NA is really hurting them on the global front. 400k a month compared to 1 million a month is a huge disparity and will only grow over time.

Most of the countries they'd be launching in left would add a fairly trivial additional number to that. We might be looking at 500,000 a month when it launches everywhere worldwide, and that's probably optimistic since things are going to go downhill now that Titanfall is out (since it actually did less WoW in its Titanfall month, which is remarkable).

Xbox One isn't doing "bad", but because the start of this generation is unique from all other console generation transitions I can think of, the quicker start doesn't necessarily tell us the full picture. Next month is going to be extremely telling for Microsoft. If they start average 200k or less in off holiday months in the US, in virtually their only really strong territory remaining, it's trouble.

It's almost a certainty they're going to hit price parity with Sony come E3. Should be interesting to see how things go with both being the same price.

It's totally possible that the PS4:Xbox One ratio is 2:1.

Maybe if you bend all the unknowns to one direction, maybe.

4.2 makes sense and has been suggested before the NPD came out.

Question isnt whether we think it's good, It's are MS and its division happy with it, As the 360 got them some great ground and now they'll be playing second to sony more than likely this whole gen, Very surprised MS went weak with the x1 considering how good the Xbox and the 360 was when they were first released.

1.2 million shipped. (sold in)

1.2 million + 3.9 million = 5.1 million.

In the press released last week, Microsoft said they were over 5 million. Probably some rounding difference or whatever.

The number they gave last week was til march? Yeah then it makes sense, they(the big 3) always give shipment figures in earnings reports.

It's 1.2 shipped to retailers, it seems. This means MS has sold between 3 and 4.2 mil to consumers total. Considering Sony is at 7 million, we're looking at a possible 2:1 ratio worldwide.

Tsundere

Banned
We need an emergency title change; should be 1.2M shipped, not sold.

Also, this doesn't really match up with the "5M shipped to date" figure they gave us last week… =/
Yea, title definitely needs to be changed.

Not surprised by these numbers, considering they were giving away their biggest game away for free with a retailer price cut... the whole focus on NA is really hurting them on the global front. 400k a month compared to 1 million a month is a huge disparity and will only grow over time.

These aren't sold-through (to consumers) numbers.

Radec

With retailers doing price cuts and bundles left and right, they got alot of stock back there that needs to be sold.

5m shipped is alot to handle when the demand is not meeting the expectations.

Moneal

Where do you live that PS4s are completely sold out? They've been solidly available on Amazon for over a month. At least half of the major retail stores I've checked have them in store and online.

I'm sure if Sony announced their sold-in to retail numbers that they would be close to 8 million.

Its still hard to find anywhere outside the US.

800k on shelves?

I wonder how many they have unshipped sitting in warehouses. They are definitely making more then 400k a month.

It's totally possible that the PS4:Xbox One ratio is 2:1.

Nah. I think MS are going to go price drop / bundle crazy at E3 and start moving this stock. A official $400 cut to the current sku seems likely. Maybe they replace it later in the year with a 1Tb kinectless model for 400 and keep the kinect bundle around at 500

Sandfox

I don't really think this is all that good when you look at the PS4 and the fact that the 360 had supply issues.

Biker19

Banned

PS4 still sold out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KXrQYWbbIs#t=18s

I just checked Amazon, Gamestop, and Target. All have them online, and at all stores in my area (Northern Virginia)

I think that it's more likely to do with outside of the U.S., then with U.S. retail stores & online shops like Amazon.

They're not only sold in the U.S.

Carl

Really confusing trying to work out what's happening when people are adding shipped numbers to sold numbers, lol

Majine

Banned
I like having Microsoft in a position where they are doing pretty good overall but bad in comparison to the competition. They need some fire under them for them to keep delivering.

I guess if MS is going by the sales from the release of the 360 this is good. Compared to the PS4, not good?

The 360 was supply-constrained well into 2006 though, and had RRoD issues which inflated the sales from idiotic people buying replacements rather than dealing with support.

You're forgetting the Xbox 360 supply constraints, though. It was pretty low during the holiday season I believe.

Hmm sure but it does suggest quite a bit lower demand for XB1 at present

I suppose it's hard to get a perfect view on it due to the large sales at launch from both

Do people really think that in the same time Sony made 7M+ PS4's, MS only made 5.1M XB1's?

Top Bottom