• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Ending Xbox 360 Production

Rymuth

Started out strong and ended up pretty weak (interestingly enough, when a certain someone became head of Xbox studios)

Here's to all the great Japanese games I've enjoyed on this system.

Curious how this is gonna affect Xbox shipments (do we get those anymore?)

Hip Hop

What an amazing console and probably my favorite.

The most fun I've definitely had in a gaming generation.

Also, who says exclusive DLC doesn't work? The GTA IV "exclusive" DLC was the reason I chose it over the PS3 lol

AHA-Lambda

And yet the price is still fairly high on it, no? =/

Anyway, it's a historic console even if its latter years where frankly a mess

MegaMelon

Many a fond memories* with this great box. Rip, F, BigBossSalute.gif, etc.

A bit early.

More facts:
It will never reach 90 million. And it's still on last place in its generation if you look at "units sold worldwide".

The true legacy of the ps360 era lies in the fanboys who continue the fight to this day.

AmyS

A scene from Disturbia (2007)

aEqjUMe.jpg

gappvembe

Still have games to play on it. Like the original before it, I got mine from Mt. Dew. Thank you working at a grocery store and Michigan deposit!

tumblr_o0auveglMz1snhn1io1_500.jpg

My second favorite system of all time behind the super nintendo, I spent an amazing 8 years with my 360 and played more wonderful games than I can count. ill never forget opening up the gift wrappings that contained my first 360 and gears of war on christmas 2006. The 360 also was the mass effect trilogy and elder scrolls to me, so much so that my xbox one is my bioware and bethesda rpg machine just because xbox is the brand I associate with those companies after long nights of oblivion and mass effect 1 on the 360

As someone who grew up in the heyday of NES and SNES, and who has a large amount of love/nostalgia for those systems, I have come to realize that the 360 belongs right up there with those amazing systems. If I take off my rose-tinted glasses, I'd probably admit that it was actually better, but I'm not quite ready yet.

360 houses so many of my favourites
and often the definitive versions of them
. Alan Wake, Bayonetta, The Darkness, Dead Rising, Gears of War 1, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Rising, Nier, Ninja Gaiden 2, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish and of course Dark Souls.

But man was the console a piece of shit. Got 3 red rings on original Premiums and the Elite I eventually got is still kicking it at my friend's basement.

Kill3r7

Probably my all time favorite console, neck and neck with the SNES and PS2.

My favorite games in no particular order
Mass Effect Trilogy
Gears of War Series
Halo 3/ODST
Bioshock Series
COD series
RDR
Borderlands Series
Battlefield Bad Company Series
Forza Series
The Orange Box
TES Oblivion/Skyrim
Fallout 3/NV
Lost Odyssey
Alan Wake
Fable 2
Crackdown
PGR3
Shadow Complex
Viva Pinata
Geometry Wars
Dead Rising
L4D Series

A bit early.

More facts:
It will never reach 90 million. And it's still on last place in its generation if you look at "units sold worldwide".

And yet even in third place it sold 85 million units. That's what a successful console looks like.

If that's last place it's a good place to be. There's a few consoles out right now that would absolutely love to reach this number of sales, regardless of what place on the podium it places them.

And another fact: Every console last generation was within 15 million of sales of one another. That's a pretty damn good generation for videogames. That the lowest is 85 million is awesome for consoles.

Cels

if you guys are looking to buy a used one, i wouldn't take the risk on the old models. get the 360 E or, better yet, the 360 S.

What a baller console. Home to the best console multiplats of the 7th (and some of the 6th!) generation. DJ Hero, NFS Most Wanted 05, Bayonetta, Fallout 3, Vanquish, Burnout Revenge, BioShock, Singularity, Ninja Gaiden 2, Skate, the Orange Box...and way more.

I'm still on my first console from 2008, hasn't RRoD on me yet. I've always kept it in a cool, well ventilated area.

Raylan

Banned
And yet even in third place it sold 85 million units. That's what a successful console looks like.

If that's last place it's a good place to be. There's a few consoles out right now that would absolutely love to reach this number of sales, regardless of what place on the podium it places them.

And another fact: Every console last generation was within 15 million of sales of one another. That's a pretty damn good generation for videogames. That the lowest is 85 million is awesome for consoles.
Everything you said is correct, too. Nothing to argue here.

It was the machine that got me back into gaming after a few years hiatus.

Xbox Live was one of the most exciting things to happen in console gaming, for me personally.

So long good friend. Interested to see what Panos and the team do next :)

I think I'm going to buy another one.

I didn't like the first years of that gen, but eventually I got tons of awesome games on 360 and on ps3 as well.

One of the best consoles I've ever owned. Had so many memories on that thing. I sat outside my local Best Buy for 14 hours, sipping my Mountain Dew, and ended up being ticket #29 out of 30 for the store as they only had 30 units. People in line behind me went absolutely nuts.

Suffice to say, my top 360 games baby:

1) Mass Effect (and 2+3 :p)
2) Bioshock
3) Call of Duty 4
4) Halo 3
5) Gears of War
6) Red Dead Redemption
7) GTA V
8) Halo Reach
9) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10) Dead Space

My favorit games list would be:

1) Halo 3
2) Battlefield Bad Company Series
3) Call of Duty WaW
4) Red Dead Redemption
5) GTA V
6) Gears of War Series
7) Fable 2
8) Halo Reach
9) Dirt 2
10) Borderlands

Really an amazing console.

Hm, my S model works pretty great and I use it regularly, but I should pick up an E when they hit clearance. I don't use the optical out any more, and I have ways to convert the audio to optical if I need to.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've always wanted one of those small "E" consoles but I have an original model (The FFXIII bundle) and a slim (The Halo Reach Bundle) in different rooms so a third one never made sense.

Maybe I'll sell of those two and buy the small one instead to save some shelf space.

Hmm...

Edit: I really need to dust the thing off and pick up the last handful of games I still want, namely Beautiful Katamari.

Trago

One of the best consoles I've ever owned. Had so many memories on that thing. I sat outside my local Best Buy for 14 hours, sipping my Mountain Dew, and ended up being ticket #29 out of 30 for the store as they only had 30 units. People in line behind me went absolutely nuts.

Suffice to say, my top 360 games baby:

1) Mass Effect (and 2+3 :p)
2) Bioshock
3) Call of Duty 4
4) Halo 3
5) Gears of War
6) Red Dead Redemption
7) GTA V
8) Halo Reach
9) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10) Dead Space

Look at all those western games you listed. What a shift from 6th gen where Japanese games were on top.

Ensoul

My main console form last gen. So many memories and great game on the system. Still have a ton of backlog game for this so it's not quite dead yet for me anyway. Lucky I did buy a second new one last year for 100 bucks at Bjs.

Top Bottom