• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft files new game trademark called 'Fragments'

MauroNL

I'm not sure how legit this site is but interesting nonetheless.
http://www.ticgn.com/microsoft-files-a-new-game-trademark-possible-new-ip/

image.png

It appears that Microsoft has filed for a new trademark last week, it is filed under Class 9 which is for game software.

The original link to the trademark has been taken down, so it appears that Microsoft found out people knew of it and are trying to hide it. Something similar happened a couple years ago when Microsoft trademarked a new Killer Instinct game, which eventually was proven to be a real thing.

The trademark is named “Fragments”, which doesn’t really sound like anything we’ve heard coming from Microsoft so perhaps it is a new IP?

Phil Spencer has created a big focus on creating new exclusive IPs for the Xbox One ever since he became the head of Xbox; so it is likely that we’re looking at yet another new franchise for Xbox. But only time will tell what this trademark exactly is.

Possibly Twisted Pixels game? That is if they're even still working on it and the going independent thing wasn't their game getting cancelled.

Possibly Twisted Pixels game? That is if they're even still working on it and the going independent thing wasn't their game getting cancelled.

MS gave them back all their old IPs, I doubt they are anything to do with their next game now.

I see the June Priority Date but... more likely to be something else they signed, or more likely mobile

le.phat

Spencer has done nothing to earn the notion of him creating a big focus on new IP. Last time i checked they're still talking forza, halo and gears.

Spencer has done nothing to earn the notion of him creating a big focus on new IP. Last time i checked they're still talking forza, halo and gears.

Scalebound
Recore
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse Son of Rome
Ori and the Blind Forest
State of Decay
D4

Dat Forza/Halo/Gears

MauroNL

That takes time though, creating new IP, coming up with ideas, studios partnering and such. You're seeing some things from it with the likes of Scalebound, Sea of Thieves and ReCore to name a few. He is defo improving stuff that's for sure.

There only talking what you choose to hear. Microsoft have certainly pushed new IP this gen so far and 2016 looks to take that up another level.

As for what this sounds like to me, probably something to do with Hololens.

etta

my hard graphic balls
And there it is, like clockwork.

Scalebound
Recore
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse Son of Rome
Ori and the Blind Forest
State of Decay
D4

Dat Forza/Halo/Gears
Why do you keep trying lol.
"Xbox only has Halo Forza Gears" is the equivalent to "PS4 has no games".

zsynqx

What other large studios does MS have outside of 343, coalition, Turn 10 and Rare out of interest? I think if Quantum Break does well MS will scoop up Remedy.

What other large studios does MS have outside of 343, coalition, Turn 10 and Rare out of interest? I wonder if Quantum Break does well MS will scoop up Remedy.

Well Lionhead is a decent size, and obviously Mojang is very important, but I'm not not sure how big they are now.

Doffen

Would not be surprised if it's mobile. That seems to be the only trademarks they register before the game is announced.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fragments? If it weren't for Minecraft I'd guess survival sim.

"Join us and pick up the pieces, restore humanity to its former glory!"

FRAGMENTS

Top Bottom