• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Games Showcase Event Today (11am ET / 8am PT / 4pm UK)

Compsiox

Banned
Im excited but also sceptical inside xbox are always a let down
If it were going to be significantly different from the usual Inside Xbox, I doubt they'd even use the name. I definitely wouldn't expect much. I'm sure some exciting stuff will happen but definitely better to not get hyped.

Compsiox

Banned
I guess we might not get brand new games announced on Thursday since they didn't even bother teasing it like they did for July:

May (no mention of announcements/brand new games):
For the Xbox 20/20 May update, we will focus on giving you a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry, including Ubisoft’s recently announced “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla,” and hear from game creators about what they’re doing with their games on Xbox Series X.

We’ll be confirming games that utilize our new Smart Delivery feature, which ensures that you always play the best version of the games you own for your console, across generations. And all the games you’ll see will be Xbox Series X Optimized, meaning they are built to take advantage of the powerful Xbox Series X features that make games look and feel incredible, including 4K resolution at up to 120 frames per second, DirectStorage, hardware-accelerated DirectX raytracing, super-fast load times and much more.

July (teases announcements):
In July, we will dedicate time to focus on the incredible games coming from Xbox Game Studios. A number of our studio teams are looking forward to sharing first looks at new gameplay, insights from development teams being optimized for Xbox Series X, and brand-new game announcements. We cannot wait to share this initial look at what some of those teams are working on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we might not get brand new games announced on Thursday since they didn't even bother teasing it like they did for July
Trailers and sneak peeks might be new games, although I've got the feeling that they will do something special in June. Bigger event, more new games, new hardware.

Compsiox

Banned
Trailers and sneak peeks might be new games, although I've got the feeling that they will do something special in June. Bigger event, more new games, new hardware.
If they were new games idk why they wouldn't say so. Also, I don't know why they would skip talking about an event like that in June if that's the case. They wouldn't hold off on first party games until a 3rd event. If anything maybe that will be when they announce the Xbox Series S.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
If they were new games idk why they wouldn't say so. Also, I don't know why they would skip talking about an event like that in June if that's the case. They wouldn't hold off on first party games until a 3rd event. If anything maybe that will be when they announce the Xbox Series S.
Because the june event should be a bigger surprise. Better for marketing

sircaw

Banned
I really hope Microsoft is not going to just throw a bunch of game videos at us like they do at E3. I prefer seeing a smaller amount of their top quality games with longer segments than the blanket approach of 50 games with shitty tags like world exclusive.

No disrespect to indie games developers, their games are great i just want the big guns out on that opening night.

extensive coverage on Halo and Fable would be fantastic.

And Game play not cinematic.
Fingers crossed for the show.

Compsiox

Banned
I really hope Microsoft is not going to just throw a bunch of game videos at us like they do at E3. I prefer seeing a smaller amount of their top quality games with longer segments than the blanket approach of 50 games with shitty tags like world exclusive.

No disrespect to indie games developers, their games are great i just want the big guns out on that opening night.

Based on the description of the July stuff, it definitely seems like the individual first party games will get more attention with insights from development and stuff.

Last edited:

iiStryker

Neo Member
So what are the chances we see Elden Ring gameplay?

From did reveal ER at MS’s E3 conference last year.

im hoping to see Elden Ring, Dragon’s Dogma 2, and Starfield

I’m expecting to be disappointed

Hawk269

I posted this at the other place and worth posting here too.....Before you go to bed, don't fall asleep thinking that this show is going to be ground breaking and that earth shattering announcements and that they will show the most amazing gaming visuals of all time. Temper expectations because when you "over-hype" something, even if the show is good, some will feel that it was not good because they over hyped them. I personally was going to switch my work schedule to catch this, but decided to just go to work and watch it when I get home. I am not going expecting anything major at all. If the show is great and they show amazing things then that will be great, if they don't it won't be a big deal for me because I am not thinking much or expecting much.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

I think some of you guys need to just relax and enjoy whats on offer tbh. The only one bringing ANYTHING game related for next gen is Microsoft. Not Sony. Not Nintendo. They're going through the trouble to even bring this show to gamers. And since this is an event for 3rd party games, that means the games we see tomorrow will also be on PS5.

I mean, like, where's Sony in all this? What're they bringing to the table for gamers when talking about next gen aside from silence?

Tomorrow we'll get more about what next gen looks like because of one company willing to put something together since E3 wont even be a thing this year. Im excited for tomorrow! And Microsoft has stuff planned for the rest of year for gamers. Give em' a shot for crying out loud. They could do what Sony and Nintendo are doing during these unprecedented times. Itll be a great distraction if anything ....

Last edited:

Gavon West

I posted this at the other place and worth posting here too.....Before you go to bed, don't fall asleep thinking that this show is going to be ground breaking and that earth shattering announcements and that they will show the most amazing gaming visuals of all time. Temper expectations because when you "over-hype" something, even if the show is good, some will feel that it was not good because they over hyped them. I personally was going to switch my work schedule to catch this, but decided to just go to work and watch it when I get home. I am not going expecting anything major at all. If the show is great and they show amazing things then that will be great, if they don't it won't be a big deal for me because I am not thinking much or expecting much.
Nah. I think we'll see some cool shit tomorrow. I dont have any preference for any one game. I just wanna get a teaser of what next gen looks like. Im pretty confident we'll get that much at the very least.

Hawk269

Nah. I think we'll see some cool shit tomorrow. I dont have any preference for any one game. I just wanna get a teaser of what next gen looks like. Im pretty confident we'll get that much at the very least.
I am not saying we wont get some good stuff, but there are some that are hyping this up so hard that no matter what they show they will feel let down. I expect some cool stuff as well but also am keeping my expectations in check.

I think some of you guys need to just relax and enjoy whats on offer tbh. The only one bringing ANYTHING game related for next gen is Microsoft. Not Sony. Not Nintendo. They're going through the trouble to even bring this show to gamers. And since this is an event for 3rd party games, that means the games we see tomorrow will also be on PS5.

I mean, like, where's Sony in all this? What're they bringing to the table for gamers when talking about next gen aside from silence?

Tomorrow we'll get more about what next gen looks like because of one company willing to put something together since E3 wont even be a thing this year. Im excited for tomorrow! And Microsoft has stuff planned for the rest of year for gamers. Give em' a shot for crying out loud. They could do what Sony and Nintendo are doing during these unprecedented times. Itll be a great distraction if anything ....

Yes ms and Phill the saviors of gaming

/sarcasm

I get Sony hasn't said shit but like the narrative they are doing it on purpose or have nothing to show is getting fucking tiresome from you guys. Ms said they won't show any first party till JULY but yet they are praised for most likely buying the rights to showcase games that arnt even there's and im supposed to praise them and be impressed? Gtfoh

Last edited:
Its already Thursday here in New Zealand so tomorrow when i wake up there better be Assassins Creed Valhalla gameplay demos running off Xbox Series X.

Yes ms and Phillips the saviors of gaming

/sarcasm

I get Sony hasn't said shit but like the narrative they are doing it on purpose or have nothing to show is getting fucking tiresome from you guys. Ms said they won't show any first party till JULY but yet they are praised for most likely buying the rights to showcase games that arnt even there's and im supposed to praise them and be impressed? Gtfoh
Thank you.
This had to be said. However people will still troll this way. Best to place the user on ignore or ignore the comment altogether.
I'm a Sony fan and I don't have an issue with Sony's stance regarding next gen, neither do I have an issue with MS. I understand both companies have different plans and objectives regarding their next gen offerings and these things are likely planned months or even years in advance. Its like some believe MS and Sony are like a gaming forum where the narrative changes on the day.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
wkr7FLY.gif

Ready.

Sota4077

Can't wait. Talk about dumb luck. Tomorrow is a pretty easy day. Only one online meeting in the afternoon, so it'll be great to focus on this in full.

Haha same here. Work for a renewable energy construction company. All the bids we had for this week were coincidentally finalized today so my morning is more or less wide open. Nice when life works out for a feller. Haha.

Can't wait. Talk about dumb luck. Tomorrow is a pretty easy day. Only one online meeting in the afternoon, so it'll be great to focus on this in full.
I am thinking of putting in leave. Yeah its lockdown and i can't go anywhere but i don't want users bugging me with computer issues when there is juicy next gen info in full display on youtube or mixer or whatever.
Now imagine i put in leave for tomorrow and wake up to a whole bunch of cinematic trailers. That's piss me off no end.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I am thinking of putting in leave. Yeah its lockdown and i can't go anywhere but i don't want users bugging me with computer issues when there is juicy next gen info in full display on youtube or mixer or whatever.
Now imagine i put in leave for tomorrow and wake up to a whole bunch of cinematic trailers. That's piss me off no end.
If tomorrow is a bunch of "cinematic in-game engine trailers", fuck that.

Jesb

I wouldn’t mind if they had an event for indies. Give them some of the spotlight to shine too. Some of my favourite games this gen have been some of those too. But wouldn’t complain if they showed off something at this event.

SpartanN92

Banned
Anybody think we might get Call of Duty? Or are they still partnered up with Sony?

We saw CoD Ghosts for the first time at the Xbox One reveal tent in May 2013. Maybe we will get the same thing here?

Gavon West

I am not saying we wont get some good stuff, but there are some that are hyping this up so hard that no matter what they show they will feel let down. I expect some cool stuff as well but also am keeping my expectations in check.
I can agree with that. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. For those who're hyping themselves up for more than what was said, that's their own damn fault. How can you predict what tomorrow will bring and pin your hopes on something you have no control over? Thats just dumb to do. Thats on them.

Gavon West

Yes ms and Phillips the saviors of gaming

/sarcasm

No one knows whats going on with Sony. All we can see is what we dont see from them. The rest of your post is conjecture and frankly, bullshit. You dont know if/what Microsoft paid for. And I can guarantee you, you wont bitcn and complain when Sony shows 3rd party games on their roster.

My only point; Sony nor Nintendo has gone through the trouble to even give us a glimpse of next gen software. They've been dead silent, despite what Microsoft has been doing. Microsoft is giving us a teaser of next gen which is more than anyone else is doing. You dont have to praise them for what their doing. You dont even have to watch it. No one gives fuck all. I'd wager you'll still be there anyhow as you know the 3rd party games will all be on PS5 at some point. How you gonna bitch and then cant even give props when props is due, even if you arent a fan of the platform?? Its a hell of alot more than Sony or Nintndo in any case. The fuck??

cryptoadam

Banned
sounds like maybe a lot of cross gen games but I am sure some juicy next gen graphics and I bet we get a big 3rd party next gen surprise or 2.

nikolino840

I wonder if they do something like show a game running on the XB1 and then transition into Series X so you can see the difference on the fly. Would be a smart move if the difference is huge.
Mmmh...i think Is something digital foundry related,maybe in June 🤔

Gavon West

I wonder if they do something like show a game running on the XB1 and then transition into Series X so you can see the difference on the fly. Would be a smart move if the difference is huge.
I think the differences will be immediately apparent.

Dee_Dee

Can you guys please lower your expectations.

Inside Xbox has always been disappointing. The event in June is going to be the one that we should look forward to.

Why does people being excited about finally seeing nextgen gameplay bother you? People are allowed to look forward to whatever they want

Top Bottom