• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft guarantees Xbox 360 games will look better than PS3 games next 2-3 years

WarLox

so after 2 to 3 years.... PS3 games will only look on par with 360 games ? :lol

Mike_goes_nuts_with_the_lighter_fluid_at_Stewart_Park.sized.jpg

Mojovonio

Banned
maybe I don't have a BA in marketing like this guy does, but shouldn't MS be focusing on something that really is a clear advantage for them, online?

I mean, XBL is a proven success, Sony hasn't even shown their online yet and XBL could be talked about by even the dumbest PR guy because it involves no tech babble.

But no, they go right into the graphics.

GJ MS!!

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Outdoor Miner said:
So Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, GoW, Forza 2, and Eternal Sonata only look generally just as good (or in jasper's case, not even as good) as PS3's launch-window titles?

Not trying to defend the PR moron that made the original comments, just pointing out that your statements seems equally silly.
So you want to say those games you listed above are more impressive visually than the first gen PS3 titles?
Then you may go and check MotorStorm, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 7, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, F1, ...
IMO first gen PS3 games (which will be released in the next 12 months) are at least as impressive as second gen X360 games graphics wise.

ypo

"They guarantee it's impossible but the best part is they are saying 1080p games are now available on the X360 too! Oh the irony..."

Breaking news! X360 games guaranteed to look like poo!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
kia said:
So you want to say those games you listed above are more impressive visually than the first gen PS3 titles?
Then you may go and check MotorStorm, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 7, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, F1, ...
IMO first gen PS3 games (which will be released in the next 12 months) are at least as impressive as second gen X360 games graphics wise.
oh God help us all, the lists. Always with the lists!

Somebody post the Silent Hill old man and put me out of my misery already.

the only guarantee i see in that statement, is the guarantee that his intelligence is at least more than inebriated slug, but lesser than a slug which has given up the drink and is back, dedicated to its sliming

peace

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
bishoptl said:
oh God help us all, the lists. Always with the lists!

Somebody post the Silent Hill old man and put me out of my misery already.
:lol :lol

C4Lukins

So basically it will take the PS3 2 to 3 years to have equal graphics to Tony Hawk Underground, Bomberman Act Zero, and Fuzion Frenzy 2.....

There is a silver lining though. The Wii will never get to Fuzion Frenzy 2 levels of awesome graphics ;)

Seriously, the better looking PS3 games are already on the level of the top tier 360 games. If there is any graphical gap this gen between the two systems, it will be minimal, and probably in the PS3's favor.

C4Lukins

Morbid Angel said:
I will never, ever understand why people care about PR talk.

If you stick around here long enough, you will see the creepy amounts of devotion some have with their system of choice.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I suddenly understand all those dilbert cartoons.

He has a good point about PS3 numbers in March though, We (Europe) already managed to get screwed with crappy shipments for the PSP, there were so few units it barely registered as a launch, despite being several months late.

Kabouter

Ghost said:
I suddenly understand all those dilbert cartoons.

He has a good point about PS3 numbers in March though, We (Europe) already managed to get screwed with crappy shipments for the PSP, there were so few units it barely registered as a launch, despite being several months late.

Does Sony really have much of a choice? They have to launch here, with good quantities. With the PS2 all that was already there was a dying SEGA. Now they'll have to compete with Nintendo which has a several month head start.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
segasonic said:
on the other hand, he admits that 360 will eventually be overtaken by PS3...

I'll be quite upset if Microsoft cuts this gen short again. As for this comment, yeah, it's stupid...but, uh, why do we care again?

jimbo

Banned
Do people consider games that come out 1 year to 2 years after launch second generation? I am just curious. I always thought second generation games was when a company finished a game, which gave them experience working on a system, then starting another one. That game being second generation.

Srider

Banned
I should say this...

1. This statement admits that 360 graphics are subpar.

2. Does MS think PS3 graphics is not going to get even better in 2 to 3 years time?

3. So adding these two up means that 360 graphics will always be subpar compared to PS3.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Srider said:
I should say this...

2. Does MS think PS3 graphics is not going to get even better in 2 to 3 years time?

3. So adding these two up means that 360 graphics will always be subpar compared to PS3.

2 and 2 makes 7, obviously.

mood

Srider said:
I should say this...

what

C4Lukins

TheOMan said:
I'll be quite upset if Microsoft cuts this gen short again. As for this comment, yeah, it's stupid...but, uh, why do we care again?

I doubt they will cut it short. I think 4 and half years after launch they will announce the new system which will arrive 6 years after the 360 launch. Pretty reasonable. The reasons for cutting the XBOX's life short are many. Did they ever even make the system itself profitable? 5 to 6 years is perfect for me. The current gen systems have been pretty much treading water technically for the last year and a half. Sure you will get a RE4 or an Escape from Butcher Bay out of the batch, but when only two or three developers can actually still push your system, it is time for a change. The PS3 and 360 may have a seven to ten year lifespan, but we will be seeing the new thing well before that.

KTallguy

Banned
I just think that this kind of PR that we're actually enjoying and getting used to and laughing about is really ... stupid.
Not that there's anything wrong with laughing at it :lol

Here's what Xbox marketing looks like to me:

One half of Xbox marketing: this viral marketing, bees thing whatever, will really only appeal to very hardcore internet users, and they likely are already MS fans.

The other half: "I GAURENTEEE BETTER GRAFIX!", kids throwing water balloons at eachother.

What the heck is up with MS Xbox division?

C4Lukins said:
I doubt they will cut it short. I think 4 and half years after launch they will announce the new system which will arrive 6 years after the 360 launch. Pretty reasonable. The reasons for cutting the XBOX's life short are many. Did they ever even make the system itself profitable? 5 to 6 years is perfect for me. The current gen systems have been pretty much treading water technically for the last year and a half. Sure you will get a RE4 or an Escape from Butcher Bay out of the batch, but when only two or three developers can actually still push your system, it is time for a change. The PS3 and 360 may have a seven to ten year lifespan, but we will be seeing the new thing well before that.

MS cutting this gen short will mean that PS3 will never drop below $200

On another note: "It is time to deliver on all plans" ???? :lol

Kabouter

m0dus said:
*white is coming pic*

That one was actually pretty brilliant, it got some mainstream press coverage.
I think a lot of people who didn't know about the white PSP got to know it that way, and in that sense, it was pretty effective.

Kabouter

m0dus said:
The issue wasn't one of it being successful. The issue is: everybody has ****ed up marketing. singling one company out for being "bad" is idiotic. They both do it right, and both do it wrong (see: MS Japan, HD, "Hi-Vision", etc)

Well you're right about that :)

KTallguy

Banned
m0dus said:
http://digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/white-psp-europe.jpg

Good point.

Then again, flashy, risque, and controversial ads are more the norm in Europe. They've risen beyond being offended by everything and calling everything racist. Like that Locoroco thing, jesus christ.

Too bad we can't seem to do that in the US...

Top Bottom