• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has revoked licenses for free Fallout 4. $10 credit given

I got the $10 but I still "own" Fallout 4 and DLC.

When I went to the store yesterday it said I still owned Fallout 4. I was curious so I downloaded the game again and it worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nheco

Are they even allowed to revoke the licenses? Don't they have to honour the purchase? I know with physical goods if an item is marked incorrectly for a much lower price the store is obligated to sell it to you for that price. Not sure how it'd work for digital goods since the laws are still kinda new.

I know Steam had a major glitch discount for a game one time and they honored it.

I don't think it qualifies as a purchase if it was free.

derExperte

+8,85€ valid until June 2017

Sony always leaves the games on the accounts when there is a glitch. I can remember only one time where they revoked the licence.

At least two, the F4 Season Pass and Amplitude. Since those were the last two glitches I assume revoking games is now their general policy too.

No they don't.

Same in Germany. Stores can absolutely refuse to sell you a product that was marked wrongly, lawsuits were lost over this. Now if they do it regularly to bait customers, that's another story.

Where in the world did you hear this? That is simply not the case.

It depends; when I worked at a grocery store if we left a sale price on past its expiration we were obligated to fulfill it. Of course, groceries are different from media purchases, and this isn't an actual sale, just a system error.

Good on them for giving back something though.

It depends; when I worked at a grocery store if we left a sale price on past its expiration we were obligated to fulfill it. Of course, groceries are different from media purchases, and this isn't an actual sale, just a system error.

That might have just been a customer service policy of your grocery store.

That sounds like a store policy more than a legal requirement. If something is priced incorrectly, the store is absolutely within their rights to charge you the correct ammount. You're not entitled to anything, except the right to change your mind.

BeeNee101

Neo Member

Many companies will fulfill the sale price as a gesture of goodwill. However, from a legal viewpoint, if they can show that it was mispriced they have zero obligation to honour the sale price.

Regginator

Just got the $10 credit (technically €8,85). Noice.

XBL wallet is now €15,68 - what should I buy? I don't have an Xbox One, only the 360 (and PC if I can use Xbox funds on the Windows 10 store)

bidguy

Banned
Just got the $10 credit (technically €8,85). Noice.

XBL wallet is now €15,68 - what should I buy? I don't have an Xbox One, only the 360 (and PC if I can use Xbox funds on the Windows 10 store)

ori is the best dl title on xbone right now but i think its 20...

Top Bottom