• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft President Brad Smith: Not only will COD will continue to be on Playstation, we'd like to bring it to Nintendo devices

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Yeah, but you are one of those "forum dwellers".

Its a not about that. Its just the truth im afraid. Gamepass is an amazing deal!!

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

Vognerful

Spider-Man 2 will outsell call of duty? 😂 are you high it didn’t outsell it this gen you think it’s going to outsell it next year when there aren’t enough PlayStation in the world and most of the people that have playstations now have them for call of duty?
Not to hammer him more but his argument moved from deviation game, to spiderman game.

Vognerful

I mean no disrespect to Microsoft, but what recent history suggests they're capable of doing this?

Regardless, a 2023 next gen only CoD would have zero to do with Microsoft based on timeline.
Just so you know , this year there 2 (not 1) call of duty games that took number 1 and 2 as most sold games last year. The news is that modern warfare 2 is planned this year in November and developed by infinity ward studio, this is in addition to having warzone 2 rumored I think in 2023 as well.Your best bet is to change your bet to 2024 and then I think you will have a better chance.

Sosokrates

I don't have to deal with anything. I like Game Pass. Just because you think it is an "amazing deal" doesn't make it "truth". Value is subjective.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Oh Topher I thought you were better then this, yes there are opinions, but there are facts which support claims.

I may not be a big fan of zero dawn but I can still recognise it has great visuals and combat and that some people really like that.

Riky

$MSFT
COD only gamers would be utterly stupid to pay for GP.

I think MS are smart enough to have exclusive stuff for Xbox players and Gamepass players, including the alpha and beta tests for starters, COD players love that jump start.
Also the timeline works that 2023 COD will be Treyarch so if it's next gen only it's going to be pretty huge, probably coming off the high of an IW Modern Warfare 2. Call Of Duty only gets bigger after the Sledgehammer year.
Once it's next gen only COD players will be forced to upgrade their consoles, you can bet there will be hardware bundles with Gamepass and Call Of Duty all over the box, including access to the older games like Black Ops 2 that you can't play on other consoles.
Plenty of reasons for COD fans to jump in.

Last edited:

eNT1TY

It's smart, the Playstation fanbase will subsidize COD on gamepass because Xbox players no longer buy retail. COD alone on PS generates more money yearly than the entirety of gamepass, even Wanzone alone has (on all platforms combined). Thats the purpose of the deal short term. In 10 years+ they may very well be the sole provider of Call of Duty but until then some one has to pay for these games.

Sosokrates

Are you trying to suggest that Game Pass being an "amazing deal" is an objective truth?

Try going into a review thread and saying "so your saying this game is great and thats an objective truth"

Most things gaming and art are not "objective truths" but there facts that can be identified which support a claim.

If your saying gamepass is not amazing deal, what is your counter argument? Just saying "its my opinion" is not very convincing.

DJ12

Its not 100% attach rate it about 40% .

But gamepass with COD, starfield etc etc is an amazing deal and most people will choose it over buying the games out right.
40% of what, there 25 million subs across pc and xbox.

40% of series S|X owners?

Most, if not all Ms content on gamepass has dlc that doubles the price of the game, who is buying this to add to their gamepass rented game?

Most people will try it, and buy the game if they actually like it.

Gamepass will become what you think when Ms actually include the full experience on the service like ubi and ea do.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Just so you know , this year there 2 (not 1) call of duty games that took number 1 and 2 as most sold games last year. The news is that modern warfare 2 is planned this year in November and developed by infinity ward studio, this is in addition to having warzone 2 rumored I think in 2023 as well.Your best bet is to change your bet to 2024 and then I think you will have a better chance.

Well then it wouldn't be a 2023 CoD now would it?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
You don't understand what's being said

I get it, it's too nuanced for some people to understand. If you want further clarity, just refer to the very carefully worded responses from MS prior to Bethesda acquisition (very similar to these ones) to the clarity found after the acquisition.

Last edited:
I get it, it's too nuanced for some people to understand. If you want further clarity, just refer to the very carefully worded responses from MS prior to Bethesda acquisition (very similar to these ones) to the clarity found after the acquisition.

Another one who doesn't seem to grasp that they're talking to the FTC this time, not us.

Topher

Gold Member
Try going into a review thread and saying "so your saying this game is great and thats an objective truth"

Most things gaming and art are not "objective truths" but there facts that can be identified which support a claim.

Agreed.

If your saying gamepass is not amazing deal, what is your counter argument? Just saying "its my opinion" is not very convincing.

If you want an absolute answer then I can't give you one. How good a deal it is will vary from person to person depending on whether the service has games they want to play. I definitely thought it was an "amazing" value last fall when I was playing Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. But after that, there wasn't a lot there that interested me. So yeah, it can be an "amazing deal" and it can also just be a "good deal". If I wasn't already paid up through May using my MS Rewards points then I certainly would not be paying for it right now, but the appeal could change every month as new titles are added.

I will say that I think being able to pay for Game Pass with MS Rewards is an "amazing deal" to me. But that too is subjective.

Sosokrates

Agreed.

If you want an absolute answer then I can't give you one. How good a deal it is will vary from person to person depending on whether the service has games they want to play. I definitely thought it was an "amazing" value last fall when I was playing Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. But after that, there wasn't a lot there that interested me. So yeah, it can be an "amazing deal" and it can also just be a "good deal". If I wasn't already paid up through May using my MS Rewards points then I certainly would not be paying for it right now, but the appeal could change every month as new titles are added.

I will say that I think being able to pay for Game Pass with MS Rewards is an "amazing deal" to me. But that too is subjective.

Yeah I see this, I too did the XBLG trick and got a few years.
But If COD and all the other games that will be releasing in gamepass make it very compelling. I mean you can say you disagree but at that point whats the point in ms buying any devs, maybe they just of stuck with 5 devs, right.. because its only about opinions right..

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Some people still hanging on this.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah I see this, I too did the XBLG trick and got a few years.

Actually I didn't do the XBLG trick. Every penny of Game Pass for me has been paid with MS Rewards. It is pretty awesome.

But If COD and all the other gamesthat will be releasing in gamepass make it very compelling. I mean you can say you disagree but at that point whats the point in ms buying any devs, maybe they just of stuck with 5 devs, right.. because its only about opinions right..

Why would I disagree with that? Every game added to Game Pass adds value and makes the deal more compelling. I've said even before the Activision Blizzard deal was announced that when all of Microsoft's studios are pumping out games then Game Pass is going to be incredible for the price. I look forward to the time when I won't be questioning whether I should let my subscription lapse for a month or two.

Last edited:
I think it’s time for you folks to give it a rest lol stop trying to convince yourself and others cod is going exclusive, the higher ups at MS are saying it’ll be available on PS and Switch going forward. This is as bad as the next-gen thread where some people had a time tough accepting PS5 was a 10.3TF RDNA 2 based machine and not 9TF with RDNA 1, even though this was stated by the architect himself.

hopefully some of you folks are moving to the end of the denial phases.

Last edited:
Not to hammer him more but his argument moved from deviation game, to spiderman game.
These guys think Sony exclusives are just better than anything with no logic just because it’s from Sony. Lol imagine if Spider-Man couldn’t even outsell cod on it’s on platform yet it will next year with a lower install base. These guys are crazy

ChiefDada

Gold Member
These guys think Sony exclusives are just better than anything with no logic just because it’s from Sony. Lol imagine if Spider-Man couldn’t even outsell cod on it’s on platform yet it will next year with a lower install base. These guys are crazy

No, I'm just analyzing/interpreting historical financial metrics and trends while making reasonable estimates to fill in blind spot/gaps of the future and making a prediction. Very similar to the analysis I made shortly after the Activision deal was announced to predict that CoD would remain multi-platform. I could still end up being wrong even with logical reasoning; it happens all the time both in finance and in life, but I certainly didn't base this projection on the idea that Sony exclusives are better (although I do believe they are; personal preference).

We shall see.

Oh Topher I thought you were better then this, yes there are opinions, but there are facts which support claims.

I may not be a big fan of zero dawn but I can still recognise it has great visuals and combat and that some people really like that.
5cd86c88352137d0fd3ef44591f0a025.jpg

Vognerful

I'm talking about 2023 current-gen only release for CoD. Apples to apples.
Again, is your argument that spider man of 2023 will outsell The call of duty title will only get released in 2023 on PS5 only? Or total sales? Is it the sales of 2023?

Are you also admitting that it won't outsell MW2? Even if it is current gen only?

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Again, is your argument that spider man of 2023 will outsell The call of duty title will only get released in 2023 on PS5 only? Or total sales? Is it the sales of 2023?

Are you also admitting that it won't outsell MW2? Even if it is current gen only?

Yes, sales for 2023 only and only for the CoD standalone game that releases in 2023.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

It's always telling when someone posts a pic like this, it just proves they haven't the capacity to bring up a sound counter argument, so they post a "clever" pic instead. So witty, so amazing!
The die hard Sony denialist are spinning out of control instead of just looking at what is really happening, it's ok, you will be alright. Just buy both machines.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Yes, sales for 2023 only and only for the CoD standalone game that releases in 2023.
So you are saying that a spiderman game that will probably release in March will beat a game that will get released in November? Accounting only for sales in 2023? And only sales on PS5?

Excuse me to say that you have choose a very cowardly and trailered bet to feel safe and secure in your "forecast".

Stooky

Meta critic disagrees with you

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
It's always telling when someone posts a pic like this, it just proves they haven't the capacity to bring up a sound counter argument, so they post a "clever" pic instead. So witty, so amazing!
The die hard Sony denialist are spinning out of control instead of just looking at what is really happening, it's ok, you will be alright. Just buy both machines.
Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

This basically sums up the sate of Xbox fanboys atm.

Hoping and wishing for MS to take away COD of all games from PS gamers is
pathetic and outright embarrassing to say the least.

Top Bottom