• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft president claims Russian intelligence is trying to "penetrate gaming communities"

Status
Not open for further replies.

krumble

No doubt it's British MI6/GCHQ pretending to be Russian again... seems to have been them repeatedly for about 20 years now... how convenient this is coming up as the Ukraine military plans were leaked via discord.
This is pure propaganda

krumble

The scale and breadth of these recent intelligence leaks, which reportedly include the names of CIA agents in Russia, makes it highly implausible that this is the result of a bunch of gamers arguing on a Discord server or whatever.

I also find it highly unlikely that the Russians managed to infiltrate the Pentagon or CIA to such an extent. My theory is that pro-Netanyahu assets within the US intelligence apparatus are behind these leaks, as retaliation for the US working with anti-Netanyahu elements in Israel to overthrow his government. Israel is the only country that has the necessary penetration within the US intelligence and security apparatus to get access to these kind of top secret documents imo.
Agreed, but let's not look at the actual information let's persecute a 21 y/o who probably wasn't the source but it's a great news story for MSM to parrot exactly the same line so loud that the details of how USA troops have been fighting direct on the ground within Ukraine which is illegal without senate, house or presidential agreement as I understand it, do the USA know really that this is no longer a proxy war to wash money and arms through Ukraine at the expense of lives? That these documents show that the "western allies" are directly engaged in war with Russia.... that's going to end well

NoobSmog

No doubt it's British MI6/GCHQ pretending to be Russian again... seems to have been them repeatedly for about 20 years now... how convenient this is coming up as the Ukraine military plans were leaked via discord.
This is pure propaganda

Or push that far-left ideology to further the cause and their complete collapse of USA from the inside that the world is witnessing in real-time

Agreed, but let's not look at the actual information let's persecute a 21 y/o who probably wasn't the source but it's a great news story for MSM to parrot exactly the same line so loud that the details of how USA troops have been fighting direct on the ground within Ukraine which is illegal without senate, house or presidential agreement as I understand it, do the USA know really that this is no longer a proxy war to wash money and arms through Ukraine at the expense of lives? That these documents show that the "western allies" are directly engaged in war with Russia.... that's going to end well
Speaking of propaganda.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
8jVTrwP.gif

yurinka

Well, nowadays everybody plays videogames. All kind of people, which obviously includes Russian people (and from any other country) and folks who work on intelligence or military (from any country). But it is dumb to think that Russian intelligence would 'infiltrate' a Minecraft community to spread fake news about a war.

The president of Microsoft has claimed that his company has identified Russian intelligence and military groups trying to spread information via games communities.

During an on-stage interview at Semafor's World Economy Summit, Brad Smith was asked about the recent leak of Pentagon documents on a games-centric Discord server, and whether there are leaks and security issues in the gaming world that worry him.

"Well, I'll put gaming in the right context for this. It's not like playing Call of Duty is going to lead to deaths in the real world – I mean, these are video games," he said. "What people are talking about is, around games you have a community of gamers that come together, they talk to each other, including when they're playing a game.

"For the last several months, our digital threat analysis team has been identifying efforts by the Russians to basically penetrate gaming communities… And we've been advising governments about this. It's [Russian private military corporation] The Wagner Group, it's Russian intelligence, and they're using this as a place to get information into circulation.

"That's what happened here. It included the Discord channel around Minecraft, it included others of these [communities]."

Smith added that he believes this is "not the No.1 thing we should worry about" because such groups "are gonna publish information somewhere."

"It just happens [games communities are] a good place for them to get the information into circulation, and ultimately journalists find it," he said.

The leaked Pentagon documents reportedly revealed information regarding the Ukraine war, and the current suspect is believed to be a young gun enthusiast who was part of a games group on Discord.

He forgot to mention that to approve the ABK acquisition would help fight Russia.

Or push that far-left ideology to further the cause and their complete collapse of USA from the inside that the world is witnessing in real-time
As far as I know it's the US Democrat party and nearby people who are spreading the woke stuff. The Russian government (not left wing/communist at all, they are very conservative) is against this ideology and suggested the west to get rid of it.

When the USA military/OTAN does it, doesn't matter if it's illegal. Nothing will happen. Also, it was publicly known that there were troops from NATO countries training the Ukrainan military there since years ago.

Meabwhile Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook....any American or European company bends over backwards to sell its soul to for mere access to the Chinese market.
Nah, all these companies bring the data of their users and provided back doors to hack them to the western intelligence agencies, mostly USA. It is publicly known, and I assume part of the reason of why China blocks most of them.

Last edited:

Buki1

Let me guess, anyone who doesn't stroke Zelensky's mangina is a suspected Soviet on NeoGAF?

Guy literally refused to get evacuated when russians were closing in and stayed in attacked city. You can disagree with politics, but he was real for that. If you look for mangina look at putin, fraud bitch so scared of covid that he even wont let his own people sit next to him at the table, let alone stay on the frontline.

vargas117259

Neo Member
Hell the Russky again, man all this is just paranoia, they have game dev like US, UK, and China have and it is normal for them to try to thrive in the industry.
Spy has nothing to do with it, all this came from their late successful game "Atomic Head", and yes Russky can make good games.

John Wick

Guy literally refused to get evacuated when russians were closing in and stayed in attacked city. You can disagree with politics, but he was real for that. If you look for mangina look at putin, fraud bitch so scared of covid that he even wont let his own people sit next to him at the table, let alone stay on the frontline.
Zelensky? Oh that brave guy who had to send the Israeli Prime minister Bennett to Russia to get a guarantee from Putin that he wouldn't be assassinated before he came out of his bunker?

Lmfao

protonion

They are probably behind the tits, ass and waifus threads.
Overmasturbation - chronic fatigue and exhaustion - bad soldiers.

Well played Putin.

Felessan

As far as I know it's the US Democrat party and nearby people who are spreading the woke stuff. The Russian government (not left wing/communist at all, they are very conservative) is against this ideology and suggested the west to get rid of it.
They are centre-right actually, unlike media push them to be far-right.
It's just that anything that is not left-winged considered to be far-right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom