• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Reports Record First-Quarter Results (No per-division results reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

JaggedSac

Jtyettis said:
$1.8 billion this quarter versus $1.4 same quarter a year ago. See here;

I was speaking merely about the XBox360 platform. Which the statement in the OP mentions specifically. Your numbers are for the whole EDD division.

kazuma_pt said:
psychotext needs to update the usual info :D
Sorry, not doing it any more. There's really no point since Sony merged their divisions (especially as last time around they said that they would have been profitable if the gaming division was on its own). Same goes for the MS E&D division, especially now with the release of WP7.

Someone else can feel free to take over if they want.

FrankT

JaggedSac said:
I was speaking merely about the XBox360 platform. Which the statement in the OP mentions specifically. Your numbers are for the whole EDD division.

Yea I see that now. Not sure. How are you breaking out that revenue number in comparison?

XBox 360 platform revenue was $1.24 billion? And it is now $1.65 billion?

JaggedSac

Jtyettis said:
Yea I see that now. Not sure. How are you breaking out that revenue number in comparison?

Correct my logic if it is wrong here, but they say the percentage it increased and gave the discreet amount. We can use that to determine the amount of revenue it brought in last quarter and this quarter. And it appears to be quite a large amount of what the EDD is bringing in as a whole.

FrankT

JaggedSac said:
Correct my logic if it is wrong here, but they say the percentage it increased and gave the discreet amount. We can use that to determine the amount of revenue it brought in last quarter and this quarter. And it appears to be quite a large amount of what the EDD is bringing in as a whole.

You are very much right I believe. If so, no reason to spin it off it might as well be called the Xbox division. :lol

scently

Jtyettis said:
You are very much right I believe. If so, no reason to spin it off it might as well be called the Xbox division. :lol

And yet people wonder why MS is spending $500m on Kinect. The Xbox business is a very important business in MS product portfolio.

And looking at the Xbox Live integration with WP7 (seriously the OS is amazing), it is only going to get better.

starsky

Congratulations MS and Nintendo. I wish those people who say "MS is going out of the game industry next year!" come here and face reality for once.

Road

JaggedSac said:
So am I right in saying that previous quarter XBox 360 platform revenue was $1.24 billion? And it is now $1.65 billion?
Nintendo's revenue for the same 3 months was ~$2.15 billion and the operating income was ~$380 million (if you just add/subtract the six months total from the three months figure).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Road said:
Nintendo's revenue for the same 3 months was ~$2.15 billion and the operating come was ~$380 million (if you just add/subtract the six months total from the three months figure).
I thought Nintendo lost money this past quarter?

EagleEyes

bakemono said:
Congratulations MS and Nintendo. I wish those people who say "MS is going out of the game industry next year!" come here and face reality for once.
Trust me, it was just a bunch of wishful thinking.

Dai101

Banned
bakemono said:

"Get your piping hot crow burgers, crow fries, crow cakes and shakes. We got tongue, straight from the crow's beak."

GreekWolf

bakemono said:
Most of them were banned in the Kinect thread. They're already experiencing reality. ;)

Zen

Banned
bakemono said:

That was... odd. The thread that generated that seemed like it was filled with posters concocting elaborate scenarios to fulfill a fantasy.

FrankT

Zen said:
That was... odd. The thread that generated that seemed like it was filled with posters concocting elaborate scenarios to fulfill a fantasy.

They always are, circa 2005.

Road said:
Nintendo's revenue for the same 3 months was ~$2.15 billion and the operating come was ~$380 million (if you just add/subtract the six months total from the three months figure).

Not too shabby in comparison with just one platform then.

Afrikan

Glowingmonx said:
Not sure if it's worth posting but I'm doing it anyways.
Major Nelson posted some stats on his website (42mil consoles sold at the moment).
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/10/29/1-billion-entertainment-hours-spent-on-xbox-live-every-month.aspx

41mill sold?

that is odd...I thought it would be alittle higher than that..

did I read it wrong or is the PS3 at 41mil as well....(shipped)

for MS's 42mil sold, is that shipped or in homes?

edit - ok I see 44.6 million some where else.

szaromir

Banned
$679M operating income ($365M last year), $3,698M in revenues ($2,381M last year). Incredible growth, but I sorta expected more 360s shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom