• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft says sometimes 30fps is the right creative decision to make.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Ec7Na9yXsAE_u7G

:pie_thinking:

tenor.gif

source.gif

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
For a game like Until Dawn or something, that would be just fine.

The point is going for 8k will be completely pointless for gaming. It should be 4k and higher fps for the future. Human eyes cannot see beyond 300ppi past like 3 or 4 feet.

People will still buy that shit up and it will continue to be about higher resolution.

NickFire

With cross-platform getting more and more popular, and cross gen coming up, I expect most multiplayer games to run at 30 fps. At least for shooters.

TheGrat1

UntidyShallowAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif

I wish people would realize that framerate is a developer design decision and has not been limited by hardware for a long time.
We had 60 FPS games back on the PS2. If devs wished it every game would be 60 FPS+ they would simply have to make trade-offs in other areas.

REE Machine

Banned
We going to have 30fps games going inti 2027, this is pathetic and I love consoles. This also tells me the C amy not sustain long term development either. 60fps shouldnt be a goal, it should be a requirement.

Yams

No, it's not. Microsoft is known for PR bullshit, but this is beyond ridiculous, even for them.

What do you want them to say? Lets try the other way.

"Yes, this is the end of sub 60 frames. We’re taking creative control out of the developers hands. View resolution and framerate is not a creative decision. From a pure gameplay aspect, only 60 frames is the only right creative decision developers can make."

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
New gen same shit

i really hope 60fps becomes the standard next gen but i guess it won't happen, i'd rather have 1080@60fps instead of 4k@30fps or the bullshit 8k they keep talking about that only 10 people will use

Top Bottom