• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft singlehandedly saved 2021 amidst the clusterfucks of AAA games in recent months

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
major titles in recent months like efootball 2022, Call of Duty Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition etc bombed hard, but fortunately Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite multiplayer are well received by players at the same time.

If it wasn’t for Microsoft, there wouldn’t be any high quality new major titles to play at the end of this year.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
major titles in recent months like efootball 2022, Call of Duty Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition etc bombed hard, but fortunately Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite multiplayer are well received by players at the same time.

If it wasn’t for Microsoft, there wouldn’t be any high quality new major titles to play at the end of this year.

First, we'll ignore all the other AAA games that have released in the last few months: how are you calling bombs on titles that are either BARELY out or haven't even come out yet?

. . .is there a term for "console warring" that applies only to developers?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
ka2aL8k.jpg

yes it’s a good time for us “gamers”

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yeah, I have been gaming since the early 90s and rally don't remember such a massive 1 - 2 punch like Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite from any publisher. Add friggin' AoE 4 + FS 2020 on consoles and Psychonauts 2 and its insane. Things are looking really good for the near future. Feels like MS investments are finally paying off.

2022 should be even better, specially on PC starting the year with God of War, then Uncharted and hopefully System Shock Remake among many others.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Forza 5 was a game I was not expecting. But you have to take into account that I haven't played a fun car game since the NFS Hot Pursuit remake, and I have never tried a Forza game.

Forza is just a campy, joyful, non-realistic guilty-pleasure. I'm sure actual racing enthusiasts prefer a game like Assetto Corso, but I love Forza so far.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Where does this rat meme originate from?

tmlDan

BF and Vanguard are hella fun, what do you mean they bombed?

Damn foo, Halo and FH are icing on the already great cake.

Why even make a thread of this.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Oh, its an xbox positive meme. Thats nice.

RPS37

For me it was
Psychonauts (just rolled credits today. Amazing game. Aware it’s not at all exclusive),
FH5 (pleasantly surprised. Graphics are next gen.),
and now Infinite beta (already played the flight a bit I know what I’m in for).

Super happy with my Series X, finally.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Expand your horizons to include older games and non-AAA releases and you’ll never again have to rely on trillion dollar corporations to “save” your year again!

Come to think of it, those Xbox backward compatible games news today are just cherry on the top. Many classic games not on PC will be playable once again. Like Dead or Alive games, Red Dead Revolver, Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom etc

I've played several great games from many studios, including, but not exclusively Microsoft. Returnal, Metroid Dread, Psychonauts 2, Ratchet and Clank, Deathloop, Forza Horizon 5, just to name a few.

BaneIsPain

No, i think all games are great this year regardless of publishers/developers (with few exceptions?) but will be overshadowed by next year release.

octiny

Banned
Xbox game studios knocked it out of the ballpark this year.

Death Loop
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Psychonauts
Age of Empires IV
FS (for console)

And that was all in the last 3ish months. Imagine once all their studios hit full stride.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Idk man, I had more fun with Demon Souls, SMT V and Metroid Dread than with forza... hopefully the halo campaign is perfection. btw nobody play Age of empires anymore...

Last edited:

badblue

That is a very narrow view of the gaming landscape. " high quality new major titles" is a string of buzz words that doesn't mean all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom