• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft slams Wii

shpankey

not an idiot
EphemeralDream said:
Please lock the thread mods. Nothing good can come out of this.
into_the_stink.gif

PAYBACKill

so at 14, they stop liking the wii and want a 360? Sounds about right.

At some point they get adult jobs and 600 dollas aint shit to them, and they pony up for a ps3. CHAD WARDENNNNNN

Sweet, I get to turn 14 again! With my adult knowledge I can avoid the awkwardness of my teenage years and kiss girls instead of playing video games!

Madman

Grecco said:
Cause the Wii is selling?

:D I guess Microsoft is stinging from being beaten by a "kids toy." They have to be careful with what they said. They said that kids should go to "something else", but never bothered stating what system they should switch to.

Code:
That's a hint to you Sony PR, make this thread REALLY interesting

(GAF, the land of epic threads)

shpankey

not an idiot
Segata Sanshiro said:
Sweet, I get to turn 14 again! With my adult knowledge I can avoid the awkwardness of my teenage years and kiss girls instead of playing video games!
noob.jpg

;)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Segata Sanshiro said:

Not to mention yelling out racial slurs on Xbox live.

this thread delivers :lol :lol

So when the Wii was a joke Microsoft was oh Wiimote is so cute >_< buy Wii60
Now the Wii is selling, its for kids!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Smiles and Cries said:
So when the Wii was a joke Microsoft was oh Wiimote is so cute >_< buy Wii60
Now the Wii is selling, its for kids!

Its going to get a lot worse when the Wii LTD worldwide = that of the XBOX 360 worldwide.

Neomoto

Madman said:
:D I guess Microsoft is stinging from being beaten by a "kids toy." [...]
Heh, it's funny. All gamesystems are toys made for entertainment. What Nintendo has accomplished is actually some sort of universal toy that almost everyone can enjoy.

But anyway, I think they were happy at the initial Wii success because they seems to shit all over Sony. But now it is starting to look like they'll soon be shitting all over Microsoft too and that's when shit is starting to get ugly as far as mod throwing and such goes.

123rl

Can I be the first person to say it doesn't matter? Why do people listen to or care what a company representative says about another system? Does it really matter? Buy whatever you like, support whatever you want, but don't listen to some stereotypical comments from Microsoft (or Sony, or Nintendo, who are both just as bad as this shit)

Personally I think this is an incredibly lazy attempt to discourage people from buying the Wii...they could have done so much better :D Lack of exclusive games, complete lack of online features, non-HDness etc etc. Saying they're for kids is like expecting a troll from Drinky Crow like the infamous Fridayton...and getting something like a "yeah, well, Nintendo are gay" instead

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
OokieSpookie said:
From IGN

March 28, 2007 - Oh, sweet mud-slinging, how we love you. It would be impossible to count how many times company reps poked fun at GameCube, just as it would be a difficult undertaking to calculate how many times former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi spoke ill of his hardware competitors. Nowadays, though, publishers rarely speak badly of Nintendo or Wii as both are overwhelming success stories.

But Microsoft's group product manager for Xbox and the Live platform, John Rodman, recently took a stab at it. According to a report by Daily Tech, Rodman insinuated that gamers would outgrow Nintendo's new console just as soon as their voices started to change.

"We don't feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing," Rodman reportedly said. "We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14, they want something else."

Whoops. We must've missed that memo. And so did our parents.

So i take it the Wii360 alliance is gone?

vdo

Speevy said:
There's no consistency in the opinions of company representatives.

The problem is that the most sensational of the opinions get reported as the overall company's opinion.

If one exec says something arrogant, it becomes reported the company is arrogant, not just that executive. And other journalists latch on to the generalization as though it is fact and start referring to the company as a whole of having that opinion.

I think that is why companies need to be very careful on how many execs they let talk, and try to keep it to ones that know good PR.

Top Bottom