• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft sucks at Photoshop, or how Poland is not ready for black people yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLYspyda

Banned
Jean-Claude Picard said:
Why would they advert with black people if there are no black people in Poland?

Just because you're black doesn't mean you can only cater/advertise to black people...

SaintZ

A little late but what the hell:
24lps85.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Jean-Claude Picard said:
Why would they have to take out a black person that was already in the picture?

Why does every advertisement have to have people of the same race/color as the people who are the target audience? Are Polish people going to skip buying a Microsoft product because the person in the ad is black instead of white?

EDIT: Here is an experiment for those of you in the United States. Put on a half-hour comedy with what is considered a "normal"
mostly white
cast. Then find one of the comedies starring mostly black people on one of the other channels. Watch the commercials and note the ethnic makeup of the people in both situations. Take notes, there will be a test on Thursday.

SmokyDave

Htown said:
Why would they have to take out a black person that was already in the picture?

Why does every advertisement have to have people of the same race/color as the people who are the target audience? Are Polish people going to skip buying a Microsoft product because the person in the ad is black instead of white?

EDIT: Here is an experiment for those of you in the United States. Put on a half-hour comedy with what is considered a "normal"
mostly white
cast. Then find one of the comedies starring mostly black people on one of the other channels. Watch the commercials and note the ethnic makeup of the people in both situations. Take notes, there will be a test on Thursday.

While you're doing that, see if you can find any non-stereotyped white people in the black comedy. Someone that isn't either a nerd or an oppressive rich guy. Likewise with the predominantly white shows. Don't expect US TV to handle these things with sensitivity.

On the subject of the photoshop, I doubt there are many offices in Poland that conform to the PC ideal pictured and as such the image subconciously alienates its intended audience.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Remember that funny meme that happened in the last year? Now imagine their heads on these peoples' bodies.

Saved me some work.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
i dont see anything unethical about that. the agency / studio microsoft contracted to do the work probably had certain assets, to save money and time they combined some.

spend a few days fruitlessly image searching for the right image, ull see things differently.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Meh, like others said, I don't really see what's so racist in the ad, they are going for a target audience and there's probably not too many black people in Poland. I highly doubt MS's intentions were racist, just seems like another case of PC-ness going a bit too far.

Oh but thanks for the Teen Kasia link, nothing better than Eastern European girls in uniform :D

Mikey Jr.

I'm Polish and I went to Poland last year.

Seriously, there are NO BLACK PEOPLE IN POLAND.

Whenever someone sees one, everyone stares at them.

Shoogoo

Mikey Jr. said:

Wasn't there one in the national football team a couple of years back?

Canova

Banned
Treo360 said:
I plan on living there, and it has been a very pleasant experience, the kids try too hard to grow up though. If I can land a animation job in Poland then I'll be happy.

There are times when I'm there that I have to remind myself I'm married.

<sigh>

So I assume you're Polish and speak Polska?

I stayed in Sheraton Warsaw for 6 months. I was in contract with IBM Poland & PZU SA, the largest insurance company in Central Europe, partly owned by the Polish government. I went to visit Krakow, Poznan and Gdanks. I had wonderful time in Poland. For me the only obstacle is the language barrier. If I go outside hotels or major tourists spots, hardly anybody speaks decent English.

The recent I say that they're humble is that I got the impression that they're aware that they have to play catch up with the Western European countries, so they worked hard. Also they despise what the Soviet did more than what the Nazi did to them.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jean-Claude Picard said:

I bet there's no polish people in that advert either...

Leopold

Mikey Jr. said:

You can see some of them with ease on Warsaw and Kraków. Been there for a week and it wasn't that hard.

Ceres

Banned
Messypandas said:
This is so lazy:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_EHZsoUS6SIA/SnC8xYu-jdI/AAAAAAAAEk8/No3qU95eFdA/spiderbloodyman.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like how they zoom in on the arm but don't even include the part where the kid is missing both hands.

Edit: Actually, the whole thing looks to be a disaster. The water under him looks like they went crazy with the cloning tool

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mikey Jr. said:

Shakes head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom