• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

biRdy

Im not sure how to link twitter posts but @Xbox just tweeted this a while ago
" We considered a variety of things like Gamerscore, LIVE tenure, & other factors in markets where #XboxOne is available"

jond76

Banned
PfBj50X.jpg
to the PS4... :)

Wow....

I haven't got an email yet. Don't imagine I will, but oh well. Very cool though.

My Gold account has been live since the first day XBL was available in addition to owning an Xbox since 11/15/01.

Wish I was awesome enough to get one of these freebies (particularly the console). :(

Dirtdog07

Neo Member
Pretty disappointed I didn't recieve the e-mail. I've been a Xbox Live member since the original beta test. Having a Xbox One preordered and being a paying member for 10+ years doesn't make a me a loyal customer I don't know what is.

KDC720

I just got one too.

XB1 is looking increasingly more enticing as the months go on.

EDIT

This has me a bit concerned though. I don't plan on getting any next gen console for awhile, I wonder if this is a timed thing? Hopefully the codes won't expire.

vg260

its random dude
if you opted out of the newsletter you wont get it anyways but being a loyal customer is not what gets you this

That's fine. I'm not getting bent out of shape. That's pointless and silly for stuff like this. I was pretty much saying the same thing that it's not loyalty/purchase based. It's almost impossible to figure out to the algorithm for these mass giveaways. I got $10 from Sony in their giveaway, and have no clue why.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Guessing Gamerscore was the major factor. I have about 6 years of Gold but am no longer a Gold member, >150k Gamerscore, no XOne preorder at all and I got the free game email.

bs000

I just got the e-mail too. Neat. I was planning to get it anyway. 140k GS, rewards member. I let my gold expire earlier this year but I guess they don't care about that.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Good effort by MS to lure dat 360 userbase.

It would be better if they gave it to everyone who activates their X1 within the first week or something similar, because they've selected a lot of people who aren't getting an X1.

Risible

The wording is a bit weird - are they giving out KI with all of the character DLC, or are they just giving out the character unlocks?

Dukey

Banned
XBL member since the beta on the original Xbox and 50k+ gamerscore. No email. I've been wavering on keeping my pre-order. Not a good move, MS. Not good.

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
Are people still getting the email? Or did everyone get it at the same time? I want to know so I can stop refreshing my inbox. haha

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
XBL member since the beta on the original Xbox and 50k+ gamerscore. No email. I've been wavering on keeping my pre-order. Not a good move, MS. Not good.

only 50k? step your shit up

Top Bottom