• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to discuss 'unique Xbox One exclusive' during Gamescom showcase

nib95

Banned
I'm going to throw a wildcard prediction out there that dedicated servers for Call of Duty Ghosts could be a "unique Xbox One exclusive".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...pace-on-call-of-duty-ghosts-dedicated-servers

It would certainly make the XB1 version more appealing than the PS4 version.
Oh interesting theory... That is certainly plausible! Would be huge too, would prove a lot about their cloud support, which is up in the air at this point.

Pun most indubitably intended.

Seems like something they would have announced at today's Call of Duty show, seeing that it was sponsored by Microsoft.

I know, it's weird, but that quote to Eurogamer sure does seem to suggest something related to dedicated servers is going to be announced. I just can't see Activision putting up the money for enough dedicated servers to power such a massive game. However, if Microsoft offered them for free, to make the Xbox versions more appealing, I can't imagine Activision would turn them down.....

Then I ask myself, why wouldn't Microsoft do this? It makes perfect sense that they'd want to do it. It would basically be like saying to the COD hardcore "you know god damn well which version of this game you're buying".

Krakn3Dfx

I know, it's weird, but that quote to Eurogamer sure does seem to suggest something related to dedicated servers is going to be announced. I just can't see Activision putting up the money for enough dedicated servers to power such a massive game. However, if Microsoft offered them for free, to make the Xbox versions more appealing, I can't imagine Activision would turn them down.....

Then I ask myself, why wouldn't Microsoft do this? It makes perfect sense that they'd want to do it.

I can't imagine Activision would give one platform dedicated servers and not the other. 30 day timed exclusive DLC is one thing, but this seems like it would be a huge "F U" to an entire platform that even Activision wouldn't stoop to.

Who knows tho, we are talking about Activision.

I can't imagine Activision would give one platform dedicated servers and not the other. 30 day timed exclusive DLC is one thing, but this seems like it would be a huge "F U" to an entire platform that even Activision wouldn't stoop to.

If Microsoft is providing the cloud servers and other platforms aren't then it is perfectly reasonable.

I'm going to throw a wildcard prediction out there that dedicated servers for Call of Duty Ghosts could be a "unique Xbox One exclusive".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...pace-on-call-of-duty-ghosts-dedicated-servers

It would certainly make the XB1 version more appealing than the PS4 version.

Definitely would be unique. However, how do you advertise that to dudebros? Many on GAF keep telling me dudebros are NOT hardcore, don't surf gaming forums, etc. So how do you reach them to "sell" this feature?

Definitely would be unique. However, how do you advertise that to dudebros? Many on GAF keep telling me dudebros are NOT hardcore, don't surf gaming forums, etc. So how do you reach them to "sell" this feature?
Honestly, a lot of muliplayer FPS players have a small understanding of what dedicated servers are.
They are familiar with concepts like host, lag, and hit detection.

You just say, "Better hit detection, less lag, no host migration!"
They respond, "Alright bro!"

Word travels by twitter, YouTube, and by word of mouth in real life and actually in game on COD.

Of course they could word it as "Xbox Live offers dedicated servers". Word it in a way that makes it sound like it's not their decision. Microsoft is just doing it.

I kinda doubt they'd give one platform dedi servers and not the others, but you never know.

COD is petty much an xbox franchise, i don't think they will need to do that.

Sure, but it's a franchise that's getting longer in the tooth, and it's facing stiffer competition. Titanfall shows up early next year, and could certainly begin siphoning away COD players, and it has deviated servers. It would be a mistake for Activision to just think they can keep things as is forever and sales will be just fine.

They could say it right in the commercials. They'd often air tv commercials for COD on 360 that would proclaim the 360 version as the better version.

If dedicated servers are announced as exclusives for next gen, then fuck me. How bad have things gotten?

It will be Fifa online. They just sponsored the COD show and now they will speak about Fifa in Europe. Not much has been said about Fifa online apart from a few ultimate team details. Would like to know if pro clubs is next gen.

eastmen

Banned

or a bargaining chip with sony to get them to provide the same features for free.

For the love of god

Crimson Skies 2

4007g6675.gif

Yes please.

Shads

I feel like you guys are reading into this "unique exclusive" too much. From the OP, it was mentioned that they are going to talk about FIFA and wasn't there some exclusive feature going on with that with the X1 version? I have a feeling this "unique exclusive" is either just that or it's some DLC news.

SegaShack

I highly doubt it will be a Rare franchise. MS already has KI in the works and Rare is working on Kinect Sports Rivals. If the unique exclusive is something we haven't seen before I would be very interested.

The one XB1 exclusive that has been announced that I feel needs more press and information is Crimson Dragon, haven't heard about that one since E3. No one even knows when it will be released or if it is full retail or download only.

Interesting to see so much speculation of old franchises being brought back for a "unique exclusive." Lets just be realistic and end the speculation, it's obviously going to be Blinx The Cat 3 or Fuzion Frenzy 3. :)

doyoueven

Neo Member
Biggest franchise is most definitely FIFA.

Who would be developing crackdown 3?? Not Ruffian, does MS have an first parties in Europe?

Jet Set Radio 3?

On a serious note I'm hoping it's got something to do with Fable. I mean, European people love Fable right? All I'm hoping for is for it to not be a Kinect FIFA title. I just feel like playing fake soccer in your living room would make you look pretty silly to any neighbors who happen to walk by, or any roommates who walk in on you.

Alx

Jet Set Radio 3?

On a serious note I'm hoping it's got something to do with Fable. I mean, European people love Fable right? All I'm hoping for is for it to not be a Kinect FIFA title. I just feel like playing fake soccer in your living room would make you look pretty silly to any neighbors who happen to walk by, or any roommates who walk in on you.

If you're worried about looking silly, you shouldn't play videogames for a start. ;)

Top Bottom