• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to discuss 'unique Xbox One exclusive' during Gamescom showcase

Alx

This guy "LOL'd"
https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/368425305775419392
Ryan McCaffrey
‏@DMC_Ryan
I just watched one of the best trailers I've seen in a long, long time. I LOL'd (in a good way) multiple times. See it on @IGN on Monday :)

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/368427973042388993
Ryan McCaffrey
‏@DMC_Ryan
It's an Xbox One game trailer, BTW.

Humor in video games is always a good thing by my standards. :)
It doesn't specify it's for Xbox, though, does it ?

This guy "LOL'd"
https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/368425305775419392
Ryan McCaffrey
‏@DMC_Ryan
I just watched one of the best trailers I've seen in a long, long time. I LOL'd (in a good way) multiple times. See it on @IGN on Monday :)

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/368427973042388993
Ryan McCaffrey
‏@DMC_Ryan
It's an Xbox One game trailer, BTW.

Crackdown 3? Fable? Let's hope so...

Although, as mentioned, it might be Sunset Overdrive, it's about time we saw more from the game...

Alx

Serious question? He says its an Xbox one trailer.

I'm betting Crackdown.

Woops, my bad, for some reason I didn't read the last line (I'm still lost with all those Twitter display conventions).
My money's on Sunset Overdrive too, then. But another funny game wouldn't hurt. :)

Fable has always had some humor in it. I wouldn't mind seeing Sunset OverDrive due to the fact my friends think it looks stupid. Though I am confused because they were big fans of stupid in Saints Row 2, but think Saints Row 4 is too stupid.

Someone should have asked Ryan if it was a CGI or in-game graphics trailer. I suspect we'd only see a CGI Crackdown trailer at this point, whereas something from Lionhead and Rare would be in-game.

Remf

Nobody is mentioning another humorous game they might have up their sleeve... At least I believe they own the rights to it...

CONKER

amardilo

The use of the word unique makes me think they are talking about the Kinect and it will be a party game and I have a feeling it will be something similar to Lips but using Kinect.

I hope it's not their big reveal, I would like a sequel to Lips or a another party game but I don't want them to make a big deal about it as I want a more core focused title.

amardilo

TV/Services stuff I'm guessing? NFL integration in the US, FiFa integration in the Europe! If so, MS is banking a whole hell of a lot on the "sports" gamers.

I'd love something like that being brought over here but that might be a bit tough as rights to football/soccer in Europe are complicated. There are many different leagues across Europe with loads of different ways they distribute games (some do per team and others are the entire league and some are x no of games). Plus if it is in Europe UEFA may need to get involved which would be another organisation they need to deal with.

However they could agree something for Europe wide competitions like the Champions League and/or the Europa League which might be good.

If it's international football I don't see that as a huge draw as I think club football is a more popular now (and seems to have been for at least 10 years) and there are not that many International matches played over a season (per country) and even fewer if you are only looking at competitive matches.

miso_Jeff

Banned
So much uncanny valley.

You know, i still don't get why DR3 is all of a sudden a "great" franchise. Most people seem to remember the 1st game and how much is was so much better than the 2nd game, but I also see a bunch of people who are really happy that the timer thing is no longer part of the game... as well as the humor/feel of the first game.

My question, is it still a DR game if it no longer has the timer or the feel? DR3 seems to have a much more serious feel. Did people just want an open world zombie game? or did they always want a more serious DR game? If that's true, did they truly like the original DR game?

Busty

Banned
The use of the word 'unique' makes me think it's going to be a Kinect related game.

This. How anyone can come to a conclusion other than this is baffling to me.

At this point the Kinect plays a HUGE part in the Xbone's identity and USP. I'm surprised that MS haven't shown more KInect stuff up to this point.

derFeef

This. How anyone can come to a conclusion other than this is baffling to me.

At this point the Kinect plays a HUGE part in the Xbone's identity and USP. I'm surprised that MS haven't shown more KInect stuff up to this point.

In this case it's probably true because they did not show any Kinect game really, but I think you assume the wrong reasons.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
You know, i still don't get why DR3 is all of a sudden a "great" franchise. Most people seem to remember the 1st game and how much is was so much better than the 2nd game, but I also see a bunch of people who are really happy that the timer thing is no longer part of the game... as well as the humor/feel of the first game.

My question, is it still a DR game if it no longer has the timer or the feel? DR3 seems to have a much more serious feel. Did people just want an open world zombie game? or did they always want a more serious DR game? If that's true, did they truly like the original DR game?

DEAD RISING 3 looks a good launch game. I don't think it's considered a true top tier game, but it makes a great launch game.

luffeN

So this should happen in about 25 minutes right? Will it be pre-recorded like a Nintendo Direct?

Edit: Could have sworn it said 10:30.

amardilo

They didn't say it's an exclusive game and going by the rumour of the free pack in I am guessing the exclusive is an exclusive bundle.

Not sure how to feel really. If they do pack in FIFA for Europe I'll be happy as I get FIFA every year but I'm also disappointed as I wanted a new game for the core audience (although I would have also wanted it on launch day as the exclusive launch line up seems a little light).

Heretic

That was an awesome trailer but the mother and child(?) getting run over was just unnecessary and fucked. She didn't even look or walk like a zombie..

if, in a zombie infested city, you see someone slowly crossing the street with a carriage and zombies aren't attacking then it's safe to assume something's up..

Top Bottom