• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to hold a "small" Surface event | 20/5/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
so he spent about half an hour talking about the laptops in the crowd and how tablets never replaced the laptop and so on. How exactly does this change things? the keyboard is still a flimsy cover so you still can't use it on your lap, right?

Do you actually get feedback when you hit the keys?

RoKKeR

This looks really good, wow. Give me a price MS!

Took them a few tries but it looks like they finally got it right.

so he spent about half an hour talking about the laptops in the crowd and how tablets never replaced the laptop and so on. How exactly does this change things? the keyboard is still a flimsy cover so you still can't use it on your lap, right?

I've used my surface 2 on my lap many times and this has a better kickstand.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The problem was not with the the keyboard cover (the type cover is actually very good) but with the kickstand

what I mean is the weight of a normal laptop is in the base so you can bend the screen and sit with it on your lap. You can't do that with this thing unless they have some sort of heavy addon that you clip it in to, right? the kickstand only works if you put it on a table.

Pooya

the trackpad looks it might be usable finally.

what I mean is the weight of a normal laptop is in the base so you can bend the screen and sit with it on your lap. You can't do that with this thing unless they have some sort of heavy addon that you clip it in to, right? the kickstand only works if you put it on a table.

No? works just fine here.

After watching this presentation, definitely going to make a purchase!

Can't decide between the 11 inch and 13 inch MacBook Air.

7hkjq53.png

luxarific

Nork unification denier
always thought these tablets were cool, love that size on the new one...but the price on their tablets have just been outrageous to me

I would like a tablet that could stream some steam games though ..ive seen some people do it

They're more ultrabooks than tablets - expecting them to be priced like tablets is unrealistic.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
yes, cool hinge, neat magnet feature. But don't dwell quite so much - we get that your engineers worked really hard.

The price is gonna hurt me. Which sucks, I want this so bad.

A leak from a few days ago, which has been accurate so far, listed these prices:

i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

These are unconfirmed as of right now.

komplanen

Gonna pin this thread so when you go to other threads to bash Apple fans I can show some of these comments :) "kickstand makes me cum" roflmao

I just hate the amount of glitches my surface 2 + type cover has. So annoying. Can they fix that shit. These products aren't as well baked as they'd have you believe. Like I'm happy enough with it, but man.

A leak from a few days ago, which has been accurate so far, listed these prices:

i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

That would be great pricing if it came with the cover :(, but it wont. Super excited for this thing but damn is it expensive.

Barzul

i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

Wish it was cheaper.I'll wait to see what Apple comes with and make a decision on a tablet then.

Pooya

I just hate the amount of glitches my surface 2 + type cover has. So annoying. Can they fix that shit. These products aren't as well baked as they'd have you believe. Like I'm happy enough with it, but man.

all the cover issues are probably because of the stupid unreliable magnet connector, they seem to have ditched it and now it snaps to the bezel with a much larger area. Don't think there will be any fix for first gen disconnecting and just randomly stop working :\

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it just me or does the lag on the screen from the pen look much reduced? Damn near looks like a real pen.

Snaku

Banned

i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

Gat damn, may as well get a Lenovo Y50.

Nander

Ha! There's still the same problem as in OneNote where your notes move if you change it from portrait to landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom