• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Unveiling Undisclosed Titles Week Before GDC? [Up: Seemingly Core Games]

Jadedx said:
I like major nelson and his podcast but his constant overhyping of garbage is annoying. Nobody gives a flying fuck about 1 map for homefront or these shitty ass announcements. Xbox is doomed.
TheExorzist said:
What a letdown.... M$ more and more turns into what Nintendo was at Cammi-E³.... *ugh*

this thread delivers :)

DoomXploder7 said:
hopefully that includes having a reasonably good e3 conference with 4-6+ games announced for fall/2012.

Yeah. After Kinect fest last year, I think they'd like to have a repeat performance of E3 2009. Very polished and full of announcements and trailers.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BroHuffman said:
Nothing new? MS may have switched their priorities, but you honestly expect them to show up to E3 with zip? Come on.

I'm struggling to think what they could show that would be released by the end of the year

Modern Warfare 3 and... ?

edit: not including Kinect stuff.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Jadedx said:
I like major nelson and his podcast but his constant overhyping of garbage is annoying. Nobody gives a flying fuck about 1 map for homefront or these shitty ass announcements. Xbox is doomed.

umad?

Seriously, not the end of the world. haha Ya got over hyped it happens. =P

Jadedx

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
umad?

Seriously, not the end of the world. haha Ya got over hyped it happens. =P
Yeah, I'm mad, I have nothing to play till forza or gears 3. Not interested in anything else this year.

wwm0nkey said:
You think they would have atleast announced 1 bomb shell I mean come on man.

You mean Once Upon a Monster isn't a bombshell? Just kidding.

Yeah, I agree. I expected to see a big core game announced, something we didn't know about.

Oh well.. like I said before, I'm happy with the Fable III + Halo Reach DLC.

Jadedx said:
Yeah, I'm mad, I have nothing to play till forza or gears 3. Not interested in anything else this year.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? Mass Effect 3? Those don't interest you at all?

Gets off the train.

Microsoft really seem to have a shallow year release wise. I'm sure they'll announce one or two kinect titles for a release before christmas but it's crazy how they seem to feel happy relying almost exclusively on 3rd party support for the first 6-8 months of the year.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Well at least Microsoft has a 3d logo. The combination to Kinect + 3d technologies could yield some cool results. Although the real potential is with a next-gen hardware platform and owning a curved OLED TV.

the 2009 comparison earlier has me thinking now, was 2009 pre-e3 really as bad as how this year feels right now? I mean we at least had halo wars and idk, heck microsoft seems to have absolutely nothing exclusive retail wise until post e3. I was at least expecting a second wave of retail kinect games by now.

El-Suave

Jadedx said:

You should be mad for the reason that the franchise in your avatar supposedly is dead.
2457-bild.gif

That's the biggest casualty of Microsoft's approach to first party game development in my book. :-(

ElRenoRaven

I just love the anger being spewed by some. It's funny to watch people get so angry when they were warned not to get hyped up.

Huff

Banned
I didn't really expect the Japanese Kinect games to be at this, but I wonder what's up with Kingdoms.

Does everyone still expect this game to come out this year? Or even that it is still exclusive?

Kafel

Banned
Jadedx said:

They won't announce Forza 5 and Gears 4 this year to please you. What a typical and sad excuse of a gamer.

Jadedx

Banned
Kafel said:
They won't announce Forza 5 and Gears 4 this year to please you. What a typical and sad excuse of a gamer.
What the hell are talking about? I don't expect them to announce those games yet, I just expected new to play till one of those games came out. I can't keep playing Reach and SSF4 till F4 and GOW3 comes out.

Jadedx said:
What the hell are talking about? I don't expect them to announce those games yet, I just expected new to play till one of those games came out. I can't keep playing Reach and SSF4 till F4 and GOW3 comes out.
you could try some of the many great 3rd party games available or coming out soon.

Lingitiz

Jadedx said:

Buy some new games? Seriously if nothing interests you at all till Gears 3 and Forza 4 then i don't know what to tell you.

styl3s said:
it's easy just stop playing shitty games :)

I also envy your bad taste.

snoopeasystreet said:
So is that definitely it? I skipped going out to buy a pack of cigarettes to see what comes out of this. Now I'm extra antsy :|

There's plenty of new media on the press site, but as far as announcements go, this seems to be it.

Kafel

Banned
Jadedx said:

Try XBLA and even some Indie Games sometimes. Don't be so close-minded.

Jadedx said:

I recommend Dead Space 2 sir!

Huff

Banned
Jadedx said:

If the huge list of 3rd party games coming out this year doesn't interest you at all, then yes you are stuck waiting til F4 and GOW3 come out.

At least its easy on your wallet.

Edit: I would also recommend a Wii and/or a PS3 :)

Jadedx

Banned
plagiarize said:
you could try some of the many great 3rd party games available or coming out soon.
There are no games on any console handheld or pc that I'm interested in that comes out between now and september, and i've looked many times.

Appollowexx said:
I recommend Dead Space 2 sir!

Beat it, played the multi, didn't like it.

watership

BiggNife said:
The fact that an Angry Birds port for WP7 is considered noteworthy news amazes me.

It's an interested history on it though.

- MS PR firm puts angry birds on press materials for WP7 Launch
- Angry Birds dev freaks out
- MS takes it down, apologies
- Angry Birds releases on every platform known to man, except MS products.
- Time passes
- Angry Birds dev says "okay, you're out of the doghouse" to MS.
- Angry Birds coming to WP7.

BroHuffman said:
Nothing new? MS may have switched their priorities, but you honestly expect them to show up to E3 with zip? Come on.
Not nothing at all, but no I don't expect them to come out with anything new for this year.

upJTboogie said:
Not nothing at all, but no I don't expect them to come out with anything new for this year.

i can see them announcing 1-2 things coming out in october/november. just like how we knew nothing of forza 3, l4d2 etc prior to e3 last year.

Kafel

Banned
watership said:

- Time passes

It's rumored to be coming to XBLA (with Kinect) too.

KAL2006

Banned
Microsoft need to start making new shit, they seem to be relying on 3rd party multiplatform games too much. If they only show Halo Remake, Forza 4 and few lame Kinect games at E3 I will be disappointed.

KAL2006 said:
Microsoft need to start making new shit, they seem to be relying on 3rd party multiplatform games too much. If they only show Halo Remake, Forza 4 and few lame Kinect games at E3 I will be disappointed.

Outside of the unknowable surprises, I think we'll see:

Modern Warfare 3 opening the conference
MGS: Rising Live Stage demo
Star Wars: Kinect
More casual Kinect titles
Gears of War 3 Stage Demo
Crackdown 3 Teaser
PGR5 Teaser
Forza 4
Halo: CEmake
Codename: Kingdoms

Most if not all will support Kinect in some way.

KAL2006 said:

the only thing that dumbfounds me is how they havent capitalized on kinect success at the least, i feel more disappointed that they seem to be working on nothing that's coming out pre-e3 than if they had announced kinect games. i don't know what i want from microsoft but i kinda want something.

DoomXploder7 said:
i can see them announcing at 1-2 things coming out in october/november. just like how we knew nothing of forza 3, l4d2 etc prior to e3 last year.
Maybe a L4D 3 announcement can happen, it will probably be on the PS3 also though.

KAL2006

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Outside of the unknowable surprises, I think we'll see:

Modern Warfare 3 opening the conference
MGS: Rising Live Stage demo
Star Wars: Kinect
More casual Kinect titles
Gears of War 3 Stage Demo
Crackdown 3 Teaser
PGR5 Teaser
Forza 4
Halo: CEmake
Codename: Kingdoms

Most if not all will support Kinect in some way.

that would be lame, Modern Warfare 3 and MGS are multiplatform games. Not interestedin Kinect games. I'm sick of Halo and a remake would bore me even more. Gears 3 we already know about. Not interested in Forza and PGR. So that just leaves Kingdoms and Crackdown 3 and I doubt both of those will release this year.

watership said:

- Time passes

Rovio confirmed the WP7 version long, long time ago and it's not like we got a release date today.

KAL2006 said:
that would be lame, Modern Warfare 3 and MGS are multiplatform games. Not interestedin Kinect games. I'm sick of Halo and a remake would bore me even more. Gears 3 we already know about. Not interested in Forza and PGR. So that just leaves Kingdoms and Crackdown 3 and I doubt both of those will release this year.

personally the only thing that can be announced that can get me interested from micro is a exclusive new ip/existing franchise that isn't a shooter or racer.

Top Bottom