• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft will be at PAX Prime this weekend with Xbox One, games, “surprises”

Perfect Dark 2!!!!
I would die of insane happiness!

iHPyGgYFa0LIU.gif

Ushae

Banned
Shitty sports game to get packed into every box!

Clearly you're not a sports fan, but Fifa is huge over here in Europe.

Anyway I'm hoping for at least one big game announcement possibly Epic, or Rare (I've lost hope on crackdown ...), a release date and possibly some extras like a UI demo etc, smaller things that people could be interested in.

Oh yeah, also another Killer Instinct character!

KAL2006

Banned
I am doubting new game announcements. Why bother to show shit like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Black Tusk game with barely any info. I think that's everything MS have, all other unannounced games are extremely early to even bother showing.

Hindle

Banned
Probabily a new Kinect game or a new indie title. I can't see another AAA game being announced so soon after Gamescom.

I am doubting new game announcements. Why bother to show shit like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Black Tusk game with barely any info. I think that's everything MS have, all other unannounced games are extremely early to even bother showing.
Because when investing in a console people are looking for long term investment by the platform holder, as well as launch support.

harSon

Banned

So Sony showing stuff like The Order, Shadow of the Beast, Deep Down, Media Molecule's next game, and publicly saying that Naughty Dog, Media Molecule and Sony Santa Monica have games in development for the Playstation 4 means that they've exhausted the extent of their announce ready lineup?

We still have PAX, TGS and Spike's VGA to go, there's plenty of venues for both platform holders to make announcements within, and announcements they will definitely make IMO.

If they do a new Halo Wars they can release it on Windows 8, Windows Phone, and Xbox now.

Halo Wars with touch screen controls seems like it would work really well.

Caayn

Please be Banjo Threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo Threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo Threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo Threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie, please be Banjo threeie.

Quantum Break gameplay, Sunset Overdrive gameplay, or Black Tusk IP reveal would be nice.

Xbox Jobs just tweeted this. Coincidental?

I have a gut feeling we might see some more from Black Tusks game. The XboxJobs twitter account started tweeting facts about the studio with the hashtag #whoIsBlackTusk 3 days ago. +Epic seems to have a large showing with UE4 and the Black Tusk game is rumored to run on UE4.

^^ out of my head

GET OWND

ekim

I have a gut feeling we might see some more from Black Tusks game. The XboxJobs twitter account started tweeting facts about the studio with the hashtag #whoIsBlackTusk 3 days ago. +Epic seems to have a large showing with UE4 and the Black Tusk game is rumored to run on UE4.

^^ out of my head

There is a tear going down my cheek because I know halo wars 2 will likely never happen. It did sell more than crackdown though. Quite a bit more.

But how much more does a game like Halo Wars take to make, plus who would even make it? I would love to another HW though, I thought it was a great game.

But how much more does a game like Halo Wars take to make, plus who would even make it? I would love to another HW though, I thought it was a great game.
Well there are enough people with experience on rts to make a team for halo wars. I don't know what it costs but it seems like expanding on what halo wars already was wouldn't be too difficult. More factions more tech more players better graphics and pow you have halo wars 2. It won't happen though. The only other sequel I would rather see is phantom dust.

EagleEyes

Maybe they are going to announce a pack in game for the US pre orders.
Yeah thats not fair that Europe gets a AAA pack in game and the US, their strongest supporters, so far haven't gotten anything. I think they are taking us for granted. * Goes to gamestop to finish paying off my Xbox One*. :p

I wish MS would buy the ChromeHounds license from Sega. So many people on my friends list played that game like crazy back in the day. A sequel for it could be huge, and it would be a great game for showing off the cloud stuff.

Raide

I wish MS would buy the ChromeHounds license from Sega. So many people on my friends list played that game like crazy back in the day. A sequel for it could be huge, and it would be a great game for showing off the cloud stuff.

Do SEGA or FROM own the IP?

And yes, I would seriously kill for a new ChromeHounds.

Do SEGA or FROM own the IP?

And yes, I would seriously kill for a new ChromeHounds.

On the Sega forums people were saying that Sega owned the ip, that is why From keeps making new AC games, they own that ip. If Sega does own it they should do something with it dammit.

PureGone

Banned
Not expecting anything big, just indie games. According to the CBoaT post it seems Microsoft have decided on a release date so also expecting that.

Rajack

My prediction of the surprises: DRM is back and even more draconian than ever, now requiring scans of your fingerprint, retina, and DNA to run games, Adam Orth returns as second in command of the Xbox division, and every Xbone comes with a full body glamour photo of Steve Ballmer.

Top Bottom