• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

It makes me so happy to hear PC users gripe about having to run it on low settings. I finally feel like consoles have (in all but rare cases of extravagant spending) caught up to PCs. Yea!
Just medium texture (other settings unaffected), and I'm not sure if the console version is higher.

dreamfall

[NaK];131862797 said:
Im honestly not sure. It runs very smooth though, and I've only experienced some minor slow down 2-3 times in 7 hours, all during wraith interrigations.

I just have to share this aswell.

God daaaaaaamn, it felt so good.
I love the nemisis system.

Good god, that sounds so dope!

Pollux

[NaK];131859965 said:
For those of you wondering about the hud and gore, these are the gameplay options.

I like the loading screen. Memories and dialouge are played thorugh the speaker on the DS4.
iExqUBgnPbRKM.jpg
Can you change this in game? I play with the sony headphones and dont want to miss dialogue bc it's coming out of my controller and not the headset...

Loxley

Good thing I grabbed Dragon's Dogma during that PSN sale last week, it's managing to give me my fantasy hack n' slash fix until SoM hits.

spirity

[NaK];131862797 said:
Im honestly not sure. It runs very smooth though, and I've only experienced some minor slow down 2-3 times in 7 hours, all during wraith interrigations.

After 10+ deaths against the same fucking enemy, I finally managed to kill him today. The fucker was immune to most of my attacks and always had a pack of orcs with him whenever I met him. I've met him several times since the start of the game and never managed to kill him.
I've honestly never held such a grudge against a video game character before. He has leveled from 5 to 20 and caused me so much problems.
I spent 3 hours this afternoon, killing off his captains and leveling up, just to be absolutely butchered when I gathered the courage to attack him again,

Then I interrogated an informer and learned that he fears Caragors (the bear/hound things) and that he's susceptible to stealth kills.
So I tamed a beast and let it loose inside his camp after tracking him there, watched as he fled, and followed him at a distance.
When he was alone on a cliff, I snuck up behind him and slit his throat.

nice

[NaK];131862797 said:

After 10+ deaths against the same fucking enemy, I finally managed to kill him today. The fucker was immune to most of my attacks and always had a pack of orcs with him whenever I met him. I've met him several times since the start of the game and never managed to kill him.
I've honestly never held such a grudge against a video game character before. He has leveled from 5 to 20 and caused me so much problems.
I spent 3 hours this afternoon, killing off his captains and leveling up, just to be absolutely butchered when I gathered the courage to attack him again,

Then I interrogated an informer and learned that he fears Caragors (the bear/hound things) and that he's susceptible to stealth kills.
So I tamed a beast and let it loose inside his camp after tracking him there, watched as he fled, and followed him at a distance.

tumblr_lqb9vvm96D1qasz41.gif

Damn it Steam, unlock, UNLOCK!

Ahzrei

Banned
[NaK];131862797 said:

You just sold me on the game. Thanks.

[NaK];131862797 said:

Damn, that sounds awesome. It's like, after spending enough time in the game, you can literally make your own story and it'll be interesting to read.

Spineker

Banned
[NaK];131862797 said:

Dude, this post is such a dicktease.

I don't even like LotR and I accidentally my MasterCard.

Actually I've liked this since the first time I saw the videos. Nemesis system sounds awesome, the whole parkour/stealth thing, Batman-like fighting... this has all the right elements in it!

Loxley

For those who ordered it from GMG, do they send you the game key after you check-out? I've never bought anything from them before.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Damn, that sounds awesome. It's like, after spending enough time in the game, you can literally make your own story and it'll be interesting to read.

Yep. Procedural worlds have been a thing for some time now, but FINALLY procedural stories seem to be catching on too. And this game seems to do it better than any game has yet. Which is why I'm going to buy it!

Nice story Nak, you are selling this game left and right!

For those who ordered it from GMG, do they send you the game key after you check-out? I've never bought anything from them before.

Depends on the release. I got Borderlands 2 a good week before the release, but I got Dishonored the day before release. I used them for Dead Rising 3 and got that on the Tuesday before the Friday release.

[NaK];131862797 said:

Damn this is awesome.

eshwaaz

[NaK];131859965 said:
For those of you wondering about the hud and gore, these are the gameplay options.
ibuOZ7bAQYK7dy.jpg

The controls.
iv3HEsXgasoqz.jpg

I like the loading screen. Memories and dialouge are played thorugh the speaker on the DS4.
iExqUBgnPbRKM.jpg
Please tell me "invert aim" affects the on-foot camera, and not just the bow aiming camera.

Peterthumpa

God dammit GAF. Didn't even knew about this game's existence until earlier today. Damn this OT, damn the review thread. Fuck this shit, wallets gonna cry. Pre-ordered.

[NaK];131862797 said:

This is an incredible story. If I hadn't already pre-ordered the game, this would have sold me 100%.

I look forward to meeting my nemesis.

Why didn't they just... you know, add Wargs.

You know...thats a good question. Is there a lore reason? Maybe Sir Edmond could shine some light on this. They have been taking so many details into account...seems like there is probably a reason.

I guess it could be that they are adding them in the Big Hunt DLC...but who knows.

J3ffro

[NaK];131862797 said:

If I hadn't pre ordered already, this would've done the trick. It sounds like the nemesis system has lived up to its potential - which seems like a bit of a rarity in gaming lately.

Slixshot

Banned
God dammit GAF. Didn't even knew about this game's existence until earlier today. Damn this OT, damn the review thread. Fuck this shit, wallets gonna cry. Pre-ordered.

Have you been living under a rock? Patrick Star, is that you!?

Welcome to the fellowship <3

Tucah

you speak so well
[NaK];131862797 said:

I just changed my preorder from physical to digital so I could play it a few hours earlier because of this post. HYPE.

You know...thats a good question. Is there a lore reason? Maybe Sir Edmond could shine some light on this. They have been taking so many details into account...seems like there is probably a reason.

I guess it could be that they are adding them in the Big Hunt DLC...but who knows.

IIRC the explanation was that caragors can climb better, which suits the game more... or something.

I think they mentioned it in the twitch livestream.

ironcreed

Banned
[NaK];131862797 said:

The Nemesis system just sounds Godly. My precious indeed.

[NaK];131862797 said:

Oh man, this sounds amazing.

Still can't believe Monolith nailed the nemesis system. You sometimes find that developers end up having to dial back certain mechanics/systems due to them being too ambitious and the tech not being there to full support their ideas.

Bravo, Monolith. Bravo.

Grief.exe

[NaK];131862797 said:

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Top Bottom