• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Jinroh

Quick question, can I sell all the basic rings I find at the beginning of the first chapter or do they have any use?

I also have some kind of winged rings, are they useful?

vocab

Quick question, can I sell all the basic rings I find at the beginning of the first chapter or do they have any use?

I also have some kind of winged rings, are they useful?

Any generic ring, amulet, or armor(non relic) with no stats are pretty much vendor loot.

Due to situation, I have to play this downstairs on the TV in my house. I don't have gaming pc/mouse to use on the couch, but I do have a nice lenovo Bluetooth laptop style keyboard with the track point. I'm guessing with the pacing of the game, this will be fine, but does anyone have concerns about laptop style controls with this game?

Zukuu

Banned
Due to situation, I have to play this downstairs on the TV in my house. I don't have gaming pc/mouse to use on the couch, but I do have a nice lenovo Bluetooth laptop style keyboard with the track point. I'm guessing with the pacing of the game, this will be fine, but does anyone have concerns about laptop style controls with this game?

you can play entirely mouseless. Only to drag the spells from the spellbook you need it really.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm not asking for a flat out build but are there any tips for the party creation that would help a first time player with little/no M&M experience?

Edit: I guess a better way of saying this is that I am more interested in the "Why" behind a choice than the choice, itself.

kmfdmpig

I'm not asking for a flat out build but are there any tips for the party creation that would help a first time player with little/no M&M experience?
Avoid ranged classes like ranger.
Find a balance between melee and magic. Try for earth, light and fire magic.
Magic is sometimes very helpful against certain enemies and is much better than potions for healing and buffing.
Melee is great because you don't run out of it like you do magic so if you're using lots of melee you can go further between tests which can be helpful.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Two questions:

Has anyone found a borderless window option?

Does anyone have a chart/list of the days you need to visit the shrines? Or at least can point me to the direction in game on how to find out?

Alric

Is anyone having this problem.

mightandmagicx_zps29e8ba14.jpg~original

Also, no matter what level I put "Object Detail" to, it always defaults back to Low setting.

Lastly, does anyone know what the "filtering" setting does?

I bought the Might and Magic 6 pack on GOG and I'm enjoying the third game a lot. Review scores for this game don't look too good, but would I like the game if I like the third one? Any problems I should know about?

vocab

I bought the Might and Magic 6 pack on GOG and I'm enjoying the third game a lot. Review scores for this game don't look too good, but would I like the game if I like the third one? Any problems I should know about?

3's biggest problem is that once you get auto mapping, the world is revealed for you. Meaning the tiles are revealed even when you haven't explored them.

This game is good. It has its fair share of problems, but its good enough to where you can look past them.

Raggie

I don't play a lot of rpgs to completion because I get bored easily, and this is a game where I want to beat it because I'm having a good time with it.

That is the hallmark of Might and Magic. It's always been a B-line RPG series, never big in innovation and always behind times in technology, but they are just plain and purely FUN to play.

Durante

Two questions:

Has anyone found a borderless window option?
You can use windowed mode and any of the common external tools to put it to borderless fullscreen. I use this Autohotkey script.

Lastly, does anyone know what the "filtering" setting does?
It's anisotropic filtering. Just max it out.

Does anyone have a chart/list of the days you need to visit the shrines? Or at least can point me to the direction in game on how to find out?
Well, I'm currently finding out by tracking the sequence of weekdays on a piece of paper :p

Zarovitch

I buy it too. I've start with world of Xeen and i'm hook :)
I've start it at the easiest, i just hope it get a little harder.

edit: I think i'll restart it at Warrior, it seem that the game is too easy in adventure mode. One chance i'm just at the second stage at the Dwarf Mine.

Durante

Interestingly, the M&M 6-pack has been in the top 3 at gog for a while now, without any special sale. People seem to want more M&M after X.

garath

I'm a little sad I opted to buy Legacy deluxe for $5 more just to get M&M 6 when I could have bought the M&M 6 pack on sale for about that.

I think I actually would play through world of xeen again. Oh well. M&M 6 will be good enough when I finish Legacy.

On Legacy, someone mentioned that I would get a sword relic quest from Seahaven during Act II, is that something I can complete now? I'm rapidly realizing my bladedancer is invaluable and I need to keep the good weapons coming his way.

I'm in the middle of Lost City right now. Is it something I'm going to stumble across naturally? There were quite a few places I really struggled around the map while searching for Lost city.

garath

It's the Fallen Star quest, given to you by a local smith. You could go there, although I think you might have to beat a few tough (but not insane) enemies. The sword is totally worth it though. Probably the best weapon in the game actually.

Ahhh.. yeah I remember getting that quest. I wonder if that's where
there are 6-8 blackguards in like an alcove area of the map in the forest. I've managed to get through a few of them but I always get overwhelmed

I'll have to hunt that down after Lost City.

Arkeus

Ahhh.. yeah I remember getting that quest. I wonder if that's where
there are 6-8 blackguards in like an alcove area of the map in the forest. I've managed to get through a few of them but I always get overwhelmed

I'll have to hunt that down after Lost City.

No, the meteor is
in the desolate wyld, the place with the orcs/dreamweaver

There is also a second sword relic if you want two of them, though it's extremely underwhelming.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
My Bladedancer is destroying now. He has like a 30% crit chance and the relic sword from the blacksmith quest. Also made it to Karthal finally and got some new spells for my mages.

Act 3 is going pretty smooth for me, probably because I did soooo much in Act 2. Still quite a bit left, it looks like. I have the promotion quest for 2 of my party members, trying to find those before I go off to far anywhere else. I need the Blademaster one pronto because I can't even train to GM swords without having that. I had to do a quest to even get the guy who trains GM swords lol

vocab

I still cant get over how weak my party was in act 2. I just got the air shard in act 3, and pretty much auto attacked everything to death. Still gotta find that person for my druid quest, need to get the runepreist quest done, and need to get over to that cave in the north west so i can get warmonger. I only have paladin + sword grandmaster.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I still don't have my damn phone cable to install World of Xeen on my S4 >:/

I still cant get over how weak my party was in act 2. I just got the air shard in act 3, and pretty much auto attacked everything to death. Still gotta find that person for my druid quest, need to get the runepreist quest done, and need to get over to that cave in the north west so i can get warmonger. I only have paladin + sword grandmaster.

My party was pretty solid in Act 2, but now it is getting fun. My Bladedancer does a shit ton of damage and his dodge rating is super high because I pumped destiny. I finally got a 2nd axe for my scout and the mages finally got some hard hitting AoE spells.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You're playing Doxbox stuff on there? How well does it work?

I have a Nexus 5 that could use some dungeon crawling on it...

Pretty much everything I tried worked great. I played XCOM and Master of Magic pretty heavily on my Droid X2.

edit: I got 3 to work, trouble getting World of Xeen past the intro though...

vocab

Is it wise to ditch the exp hireling around 24? I feel invincible. Getting even more exp at a faster rate is just laughable it seems.

Moff

I used the exp compainon till the end, and if it was just to prove to myself that its really under no circumstances possible to get that level 40 achievement.
but then again, what other companions are really worth it?
the only real good one is the healer, and I prefer the 10% exp bonus to all the others

kmfdmpig

I used the exp compainon till the end, and if it was just to prove to myself that its really under no circumstances possible to get that level 40 achievement.
the only real good one is the healer, and I prefer the 10% exp bonus to all the others

It only gives +10% for enemies killed, not quests, right? If so, at some point the 500xp you get for finishing his quest would be better than keeping him (at the very end at least).

jrcbandit

Where is the endurance grandmaster? I found a list but I don't remember where the scrubland is or if I've been there.

Also is MM6 or 7 generally considered better? I remember solving 4 and 5, but not sure which ones I played after that if any. I definitely didn't solve any of them after 5.

Zukuu

Banned

The chef is actually the best and should be insta lock. 10% more stats as almost perma buff is way too good to pass up.

vocab

Thanks.

I got warmonger, GM maces, and 2h GM. I'm off to do druid quest, and rune priest quest, and gm those spells, and then probably finish up act 3. I'm not going to 100% it, but pretty close. It's easy as hell to miss stuff when the world is so big.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Thanks.

I got warmonger, GM maces, and 2h GM. I'm off to do druid quest, and rune priest quest, and gm those spells, and then probably finish up act 3. I'm not going to 100% it, but pretty close. It's easy as hell to miss stuff when the world is so big.

It isnt even big, really. It is just dense as fuck. Something to do literally at every turn. Almost every end of the map has something worthwhile, for someone. Trainer. Crypt with a relic, puzzles, something. So good.

Durante

In the same vein, what's the point of the Owl cave?
(I assume those are all places related to promotion quests for character classes I don't use, but I'd like to be sure)

Moff

I'd like to know as well.

Also, what's the deal with the Dwarf cave that has that pillar that doesn't do anything? Can you use the
flute from the puzzle dungeon
on it? And if so what happens? I finished the game without figuring that one out.

yes, ist just gives a chest with some random items, no relics

What's up with the "only for orcs" place at the very north-west tip of the world map?
I discovered that last night and I assume it's for one of the Orc class advancement quests.

The Crystal Spider o_O

Tips?
He is completely harmless when you're not standing in the line of fire. What I did was heal and buff up then move in close and do some damage until he teleports away. Just repeat that until he is dead. Of course, the stategy will depend on your party. For me it was completely hopeless to try to kill him with ranged damage.

He is completely harmless when you're not standing in the line of fire. What I did was heal and buff up then move in close and do some damage until he teleports away. Just repeat that until he is dead. Of course, the stategy will depend on your party. For me it was completely hopeless to try to kill him with ranged damage.

You have to survive that first onslaught though. Which is nigh unblockable. That's the real deal which will determine whether or not you're ready for him. If you live past the first arcane AOE spell, then you can sidestep it and head right on ahead next to him.

Also breaking through the second set of explosive crystals he locks your party within 3 turns is no joke. That bit is a DPS race.

Moff

I thought the crystal spider bugged out on me.
insane damage at start, as soon as you are in the room it teleports around and almost doesnt do damage anymore

Durante

For the Crystal Spider, can you
set your beacon to pre-emptively follow his teleport?
I only thought about this after the fight, but would it work?

Jag

I should have played on the harder setting. I'm only in Act II but already at level 23 and one shotting everything. I'm having more fun exploring than doing the quests, but I'm powering through and it's not a challenge. I also have around 100k in gold. I needed to get that horse hireling just to carry around all my crap!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I need a little guidance. Just started Act 3-

I killed the bandit leader in The Lost City, and I really don't know where to go now. All those side-paths in the map that are full of Black Hand or whatever one-shot my party. Any advice?

Top Bottom