• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 special demo now live

G-Fex

oh wow maddox was right, they put stops in gameplay for cutscenes and then random jibberish talk. I like gunvolt and all but I don't know about not-mega man.

I find it a bit odd that they lifted some enemy designs straight from Megaman and Megaman X games, including those cylindrical guys that shoot grenades and, of course, sniper joes.

TimmiT

Have you played it, or you just joining the gaf-hive mind in bashing it? Everyone who has played it likes it.

And by everyone you're not including people like me who have played it and thought it was incredibly mediocre? Or the other people I know who've played it and thought the same thing?

Besides that, it's not hard to see why people would be unimpressed by the gameplay. There's no hivemind, just a game that fails to impress a lot of people.

Durante

How are you actually supposed to get the steam code for this? I'd like to make up my own mind, and I'm a backer.

How are you actually supposed to get the steam code for this? I'd like to make up my own mind, and I'm a backer.

If you are backer and pledged for the beta tier, you should have got the steam code for the beta a long time ago, the beta after the update becomes this demo.

Still haven't played it. Until I do Ill hold off on saying anything but the gameplay they showed still looks..."meh"
This voice acting isn't really great either but, hey I didn't expect too much.
This game is anything but a successor to Megaman. It makes X8 look good.

X8 was okay though.

Now if you said it made X7 look good...then I would be concerned. Then again I understand what you were getting at so it kinda confirms my suspicions. I am glad someone who plays Mega Man games as much as I have it seems like gave an honest opinion about it. That doesn't sound too great.

Actual gameplay is fine, at least.

The gameplay still looks stiff and random like it didn't when it first started getting gameplay videos to me. It still looks like a damn knockoff Mega Man game at best to me.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
OP why did you play with Texture Quality set to *low*?

Edit: Wait, Deep Silver is publishing this too?

FistOfSyn

Banned
Looking at OP's video the game doesn't look that bad at all.

I still don't understand why you have to dash to kill robots.. it's kinda stupid

Volcynika

I was in the beta and I can't launch it because it says missing executable. Even re-downloading or verifying cache doesn't fix it. Weird.

Maedhros

Looking at OP's video the game doesn't look that bad at all.

I still don't understand why you have to dash to kill robots.. it's kinda stupid

I agree. The worst part of this for me is this shitty mechanic. Everything else looks ok, like any other classic Megaman game out there.

the game is ugly as shit, i don't care if it's released on 8 plateforms, it's not an excuse!

Aside that, i love the gameplay mechanics, it's great for speedrun and it's not that easy! The boss battle are the best part for me! The level design isn't that great, it could be way better, but at least it still challenging in some ways!

The music are awesome in 8 bit! I really don't like the instrument used for the original soudntrack, but the melody are great so it work perfectly in 8 bit!

But we could except way more from this game.... if he do a sequel maybe we will have something!

But don't except me to back another inafune game, i loved the dude but i lost all respect for him! I'm glad that inticreate was there to save the gameplay at least

Danji

You don't /have/ too. You can still shoot them, dashing is just optimal.
It's impractically difficult to shoot them to death. Takes forever. The boss is literally impossible to beat without dash so your argument is bullshit.

What's up with the voice acting? And the lack of lip sync? And the terrible explosion particles?

:V

just play it in japanese... but yeah, it not even a lip sync problem, they just doesn't move.... i know they wanted to do poor graphic to easily port it on portable console, but even for theses consoles it pretty low quality....

Cmagus

I still haven't gotten a survey to select the platform I'd like the game on....

Comcept released this statement:

"Considering the fact that the game’s release has been delayed, we are planning to open another platform survey once a final release date has been settled upon."

So expect one when those roll out. I'm kind of glad they're doing this because I would like to change my original choice.

bumpkin

Just go back into steam. The original Beta became this release.
Nope, tried that. Even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Keep getting this error every time I click "Play"...

SteamScreenshot.png

Oh well, the beta ran like garbage on my Windows 7 VM anyways (I backed for a Wii U or PS4 download).

I don't even remember the tier I backed it at. Does anyone have the website again?
I'm fucking lazy as shit tonight. PLS HALP ME.

True story...

my toddler saw the video of this playing on our TV where I was watching a playthrough and he said..

"...iss Mega-Man!"

:/

Still hilariously adorable tho!

Top Bottom