• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miguel Ferrer, 61, has died of cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love.

RIP.

EDIT: Beaten, but well worth a re-post.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, fuck cancer. RIP, Miguel.

Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Man this is one of my favorite scenes in the series. You would never take his character as one of those who would say this. I'm glad that the new season finished production a long time ago.

Shit, isn't he going to be in this new season of Twin Peaks starting in May? Going to be hard seeing him there knowing he's gone.

RIP to an awesome and underappreciated actor. He was on the best representations of Death ever, in Adventure Time.

MTE

Damn.

This one got me.

Robocop is my favourite film, and Miguel played a huge part in making it so.

RIP

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Bitches, grieve.

4VnCfdx.gif

higemaru

Gutted. I didn't know he had cancer. I was just reading a book on the making of Twin Peaks and he seemed so humble and professional about being on the show and how he nailed the material given to him. Amazing actor, always loved seeing him in whatever he showed up in.

RIP

This guy was generally put in a lot of supporting roles, but he was a very underrated actor.

I guess Jones got you twice, Bob. :(

Aww man.

He was my all time favorite "Hey it's that guy!" Actor

He's was also in the stand. Which is a guilty please of mine

Rip good sir

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What? Noooo! ;_;

Rest in peace, Miguel Ferrer. I loved every role I ever saw him in. And being a Twin Peaks fan, Albert was always one of my favorite characters because of his terrific performance.

Fuck cancer.

I look forward to seeing his reprise of the role of Albert in TP's third season, but it's going to be sad knowing it's one his last roles.

He mostly was the side character that either leaves a huge impact or has many memorable scenes in a movie or show. RIP, adored the guy. His "WAR....IT'S FANTASTIC *smiles*" line from Hot Shots: Part Deux is one of my favorite scenes in movie history.

Chairhome

So weird, since he was recently announced as the voice of Deathstroke in the new Teen Titans animated movie.

I recognize him from Hot Shots and Robocop. Looks like he had a great career. RIP

I've always loved Ferrer's energy and convincing menace/likeability in Robocop. It's such a shame that he's passed away as he was a great actor and seemed like a cool person to just hang out with. He'll always be Bob Morton to me.

R.I.P.

His dad was one of the most brilliantly performers of his era and Miguel was equally as talented yet under appreciated. What a beautiful man. Will miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom