• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse NOW on web - end of the year for 3DS

watershed

Banned
Sucks to wait for the 3ds version but at least it will be fully functional when it launches (it better be)! I don't want to need a Wii U just to use miiverse.

:/

Now just imagine what they could do if they had a wide color pallette choose from

Ick no... The black and white limit is what makes so many of these things truly creative.

Limitations breed innovation, giving full palettes, etc you may as well just turn miiverse into a deviant art site.

Ty4on

Not quite that, but this made me crack up.

eHIEfWA.jpg

Ahahaha!

Great for both of those in this world with a Vita and a WiiU.

Jackano

I'm pretty happy. It's no surprise we can't post new content except comments.
It's not very fast but the code seems pretty clean and elegant, for a change with Nintendo!

fmpanda

I have to admit this is pretty neat, I'll now have to keep Miiverse up when I don't have the Wii U going.

I should also break down and add more folks, I just got my Wii U a couple of days ago.

Pikma

Banned
Is it not possible to follow someone using the browser? I can't find shit. :(
Welp, forget it, I now know it's not possible.

Shahadan

What a weird limitation. I just replied to something and it was super easy and worked really well. Besides that they've done a good job moving this to the web.

Not really weird, the idea of miiverse is mainly commenting on something from a game you're currently playing, not doing random posts.

Moreover, allowing PC/smartphone users to post whenever they want, NNID or not, would probably result in an unnecessary flood. Random posts from are shitty enough as it is.

Also drawings.

NateDrake

Is it not possible to follow someone using the browser? I can't find shit. :(

Can't add a new person to follow, yet. All things that will be added once Miiverse fully launches on PC and mobile devices. For a beta release, this is pretty functional.

fmpanda

Can't add a new person to follow, yet. All things that will be added once Miiverse fully launches on PC and mobile devices. For a beta release, this is pretty functional.

Yeah, I tried searching for a GAF Wii U Miiverse Group thread and couldn't find one. I'm probably just being blind as a bat though.

Advertise Miiverse, advertise Wii U. 3DS is much healthier and presumably harder to implement.

Doesn't matter, a system based around drawing things on a touch screen deserves to be on something based around a touch screen that has a stylus. It's Nintendo's own system, and it hardly advertises the Wii U or Miiverse because you need a Wii U to even set up an account. It's for existing Wii U owners only.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Salsa, where is the announcement for 3DS miiverse end of year? link in op?

edit: this is the peak of my artistic development in miiverse btw:

From Fuzzy Clifftops, NSMBU
zlCfzQ9rfdgFGBZC7V

8bit

Knows the Score
I get a 'Please configure initial settings via Wii U before using Miiverse on this device.' message. Is it working for anyone else in Europe so far?

welcome1.png

Hmm, thanks for the responses. Password & NNID are ok for p.nintendo.net so I wonder what I've screwed up.

It's funny. Since I stopped using my Wii U for anything other than a few pick-up-and-play games of Call of Duty a couple months ago, I forgot that I actually like Miiverse.

Hopefully games like Pikmin 3 are really integrated with Miiverse. It seems to the GamePad's biggest drawing point right now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Advertise Miiverse, advertise Wii U. 3DS is much healthier and presumably harder to implement.

Yup. This is the reason. The web version is basically just a stream of what is going on at this point.

A 3DS version would have to much more elaborated to make sense. Also new software / updates for miiverse support would have to be included for it to really make sense. You don't use the 3DS as a web browser anyway.

CengizMan

So now we can use all kind of transformed texts on Miiverse, right? Ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ. Well, I just tried it. It is possible to post with it:

biBxf9g.png

However, it showed a square instead of the capital N on the Wii U Miiverse.

Bumhead

Banned
I sold my Wii U but it's nice to be able to access Miiverse again with the same profile. That's the one feature of the U I miss.

Shame about the 3DS version. I thought Miiverse on 3DS was nothing more than a glorified web app anyway so what's with the delay? Is it its own stand alone app now?

Shame about the 3DS version. I thought Miiverse on 3DS was nothing more than a glorified web app anyway so what's with the delay? Is it its own stand alone app now?

I'd imagine that they want to add the drawing capabilities as well as Communities for 3DS games.

sfried

Considering Miiverse had a bit more going than just a "glorified webapp" (such as doodle comments and screencapping), it would make sense that the Miiverse would integrate with the 3DS at an OS level. They would have to make it so you can screencap your games and post them on the Miiverse with relative ease. (Most likely the Miiverse would appear along the row of icons where Game Notes and Friends List are.)

Don't forget that with the Miiverse, things would be now tied to your NNID, which means they would have to overhaul how the entire Friend Code system works to accomodate NNID screennames instead.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So the only way to actually sign is still needs a WiiU to make the account? Darn.

Linkified

So the only way to actually sign is still needs a WiiU to make the account? Darn.

You would think especially seen as 3DS is doing well you would want to get 3DS owners tied into the Nintendo Network so you can easily have them ready and willing to buy Wii U hardware - plus a few more steps and Nintendo should have an account system like everyone else.

imjust1n

Banned
my miiverse name is imjustin follow me : )

but, you cant post anything oh ok fine Nintendo ill turn on my wii u for the first time in like a month : (

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
You would think especially seen as 3DS is doing well you would want to get 3DS owners tied into the Nintendo Network so you can easily have them ready and willing to buy Wii U hardware - plus a few more steps and Nintendo should have an account system like everyone else.
From the login page:
At this time, it is only possible to create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console. (This is different from a Club Nintendo account ID.)
At this time must mean they are planning to let users create their NNID from somewhere else in the future.

Top Bottom