• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Ybarra: The best console to play Anthem will be Xbox One X.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Poor OG and the S.

It's like you're the bastards they no longer know. Xbox One Snow.

Last edited:

trikster40

I’m kind of over all this hyperbole from different console brands. The best place to play it is the system that you own. Period. The definition of the word “best” is very subjective. Technically, I’d say that PC is going to be the best place to play Anthem, and this is from a console gamer.

The best place to get a hamburger is very clear: McDonalds.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’m kind of over all this hyperbole from different console brands. The best place to play it is the system that you own. Period. The definition of the word “best” is very subjective. Technically, I’d say that PC is going to be the best place to play Anthem, and this is from a console gamer.

I think he agrees ;)

trikster40

I think he agrees ;)

Ah, well he does say the best CONSOLE to play it on. I didn’t notice that he quantified it like that. That’s kinda funny that he’s not even playing it on the system that he’s promoting, but they are trying to merge the Xbox and PC together under the Xbox umbrella.

ethomaz

Banned
Let’s wait where is the userbase... that type of games rely a lot where player are.

In terms of graphics and performance he is probably right.

Last edited:

demigod

Ah, well he does say the best CONSOLE to play it on. I didn’t notice that he quantified it like that. That’s kinda funny that he’s not even playing it on the system that he’s promoting, but they are trying to merge the Xbox and PC together under the Xbox umbrella.

I hope xbox fans get on his ass like that poor CM girl!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Let’s wait where is the userbase... that type of games rely a lot where player are.

Off topic, but I'm curious as to why you were finally banned from ResetEra 🤔

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

I’m really curious about this user base stuff. What game on Xbox do you believe nobody can find a game in because the user base is too small?

How many ppl does it take to make a user base valuable?

DiscoJer

Isn't this always the case? The X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro, just like the regular PS4 is more powerful than the regular Xbox or S.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Isn't this always the case? The X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro, just like the regular PS4 is more powerful than the regular Xbox or S.

Best place to play has nothing to do with power. This tweet is also from a Xbox head and i don’t know why it’s even thread worthy.

I'm Xbox all day but the more humble approach would have been the best avenue to take with this. Let the console speak for itself, no need to state this.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm Xbox all day but the more humble approach would have been the best avenue to take with this. Let the console speak for itself, no need to state this.

I get it, it could be a new approach.

Spend millions or billions on acquiring the marking rights for a game, and then do nothing to promote it. Just sit back and watch the sales come in.

It’s a new take on advertising, but I’m not sure it will work out well. I’m going to need to see some receipts before we see companies pay for the right to not advertise.

Kagey K

Banned
World's most powerful console runs game better than any other console. Shocking!

It is after the last few games, that didn’t even bother optimizing for Xbox. If you don’t give a shit about them, they won’t give a shit about you.

Lort

Banned
Comical how much penis envy Microsoft has.

"I bet you'd trade it all to be able to play Bloodborne."

"I would. :("

Jumps into an Anthem thread to post about bloodborne.. seems the truth gets under your skin?

Btw ive never liked any of the Darksouls games .. but i moderatly liked the division .. quite liked destiny, loved mass effect. .. thats why im here .. why are you? Drive bys more fun than anything on playstation right now?

meirl

Banned

Not really. Best meaning best performance, best graphics it’s not subjective at all. You can measure resolution, you can measure FPS.

Comical how much penis envy Microsoft has.

"I bet you'd trade it all to be able to play Bloodborne."

"I would. :("

LOL bloodborne is overhyped AF. Also, there is dark souls. Who needs bloodborne?

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
The never seen news!!!! The most powerful console can play the games better!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

(Is this the reaction that he is expecting from consumers??)

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You only say this with every game release when you are still insecure about your platform.

Sales will say something totally different in the end.

Mattyp

Gold Member
You only say this with every game release when you are still insecure about your platform.

He's promoting a product he works for as the best place to play a game, calm down it isn't thread worthy.

It's the same as any business in any industry promoting their product as the best if it rings true in the case.

Sparda

Banned
Not really. Best meaning best performance, best graphics it’s not subjective at all. You can measure resolution, you can measure FPS.

LOL bloodborne is overhyped AF. Also, there is dark souls. Who needs bloodborne?
Gamers. Who needs gears and halo, there are thousand of fps and tps. Same question

nowhat

it isn't thread worthy
So much this. If we're going to have "$PERSON working for $COMPANY thinks $PRODUCT is great" thread every time someone tweets something, then the signal-to-noise ratio here will be off the charts.

(not that it's very good as it is, mind you)

Lort

Banned
So much this. If we're going to have "$PERSON working for $COMPANY thinks $PRODUCT is great" thread every time someone tweets something, then the signal-to-noise ratio here will be off the charts.

(not that it's very good as it is, mind you)

But what about fp16 and sonys secret sauce and yad yada yada....

MilkyJoe

Triggered...

Any hoo. I'm interested to see how well this goes with it's lack of marketing and everyone thinking EA are a bunch of c***s

Lort

Banned
...those threads basically shouldn't exist either? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Indeed.. we are getting to the point that we all know xbox one. X versions are always better than ps 4 pro... so no point reiterating it.

YayNJ

Banned
Some of the comments in this thread are really weird. So what, he's said the best place to play Anthem is Xbox. It's no big deal, infact it's not even worth a thread.

Its almost as if PlayStation hasn't spent the last 15+ years telling us the same message across every marketing platform.

In fact they did it as recently as Fortnite.

Last edited:
YX6ZTJ2.gif

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Said it before but I'll say it again, bloke who works for Microsoft says it plays best on the most expensive console they sell.

Bears also shit in woods.

Let's get Shawn Laydens opinion please - if he says the same then they nailed it.

Last edited:

YayNJ

Banned
That's called marketing, it comes from a company, and not from any specific person, and either for any specific game.
Besides, it's not even said with the arrogancy Ybarra is showing.

Arrogance 😂 if this bothers you, I suggest you get some more fresh air.

I'm predominantly a Sony gamer, but in fairness, if you value a few extra pixels and are happy paying £200 more for the privilege, then he's not wrong and why shouldn't he promote the fact? Nothing to see here.

ethomaz

Banned
I’m really curious about this user base stuff. What game on Xbox do you believe nobody can find a game in because the user base is too small?

How many ppl does it take to make a user base valuable?
It is not question of have too smaller userbase... it will be fine to find matches.

But a question of where your friends will be... that is actually what happened with DestinyGAF... a lot of XB1 players ended migrating to PS4 because they could find a group in DestinyGAF to do the activities on XB1.

Not everybody like to play with randoms.

So userbase in these MP focused games affect some players puschase... you can read comments of players with both consoles saying they will buy the PS4 version even being efetuar to X because it is there that his friends are playing.

Same happened with 360 last gen... now it is inverse.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Glad i got the X instead of the “pro”
True 4k
Only on the X
Dolby atmos
Uhd player

Blisssssssss

Top Bottom