• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

-Minsc-

Okay, I spent some time during breakfast to update the OP with server information for NeoCraft and NeoCrack servers. However, I can't find the address for NeoCrack anywhere in the old thread. I know it's there, I just haven't been able to find it....

Could some post it up again please so I can include it in the OP? Thanks!

Here you go.

Posted by Mirk:

We have a MindCrack FTB server. Quote to see IP. Also list your IGN so I can add you to the whitelist.

With this GAFLand talk, does this imply everyone started over? I'd be down to join in now if that is the case.

Looks like I was already added and I didn't remember.

The existing NeoCraft map is still there, Ark just set up multiverse so we now have two worlds.

Mirk

All of you that posted in this thread, sent me pm's for the FTB server have been added.

Right now the FTB server is running MC 1.4.7 and the 1.6.2 update will probably not
be ready for a month or too it seems.

We will also have to decide if we will be doing a map reset because its looks very likely that
the RedPower Mod will no longer be updating. If that is the case our 1.4.7 world will not work with the new update.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
"oh a new survival neogaf server, well i haven't played minecraft in almost a year now, ill just hop on for a second...."

*10 hours later*

fuck.

Grinchy

Banned
"oh a new survival neogaf server, well i haven't played minecraft in almost a year now, ill just hope on for a second...."

*10 hours later*

fuck.

yepeju9e.gif

Definitely know that feeling. I had to force myself to get off yesterday to get some things done, otherwise I would have been on all day/night.

mr.beers

So what are the rules on Gafland for setting up a base? Like how far from spawn should I go. How far from neighbors should I be. Etc, etc....

More pics of Gafland
Gallery

jgoXba2oHH9wX.png

From above

j2MWNFjxBy56p.png

Spawn Tower, looking to the east towards the town.

jbz3dnnZ5Hdjy5.png

Ark's House

j99pmI7YxwEXN.png

extension on my place

jbstzz6STzGqDx.png

Nice Mine Entrance

jc7atgx9klDSF.png

Mack's House

using Sphax PureBD Texture Pack

So what are the rules on Gafland for setting up a base? Like how far from spawn should I go. How far from neighbors should I be. Etc, etc....

generally, just be mindful of others, don't place your building right next to someone elses. try to keep buildings reasonably spaced apart. you don't even really need to build in the town, you can go off somewhere and set your base up away from everyone, if you want. you cant build to close to spawn due to spawn protection, if your out of that zone id say its free game.

mr.beers

generally, just be mindful of others, don't place your building right next to someone elses. try to keep buildings reasonably spaced apart. you don't even really need to build in the town, you can go off somewhere and set your base up away from everyone, if you want. you cant build to close to spawn due to spawn protection, if your out of that zone id say its free game.

Thanks, I figured as much, just wanted to double check. I will be getting on tonight to search for a place to set up camp. This will be my first SMP experience really looking forward to it.

wellll im gonna buy this today! How can i get into a neogaf server when i do get online?

quote my post to see the server address. just put that address in minecraft and your good. you'll need to be white-listed by either Charlie or Ark, so just post in this thread your minecraft user name, and one of them will whitelist you when they get a chance.

There's a mountain a little ways east of the spawn village, I set up a little base and did some building/mining before I noticed someone was already building there. Opps! sorry. I removed all the building I did to the backside of the mountain.

Seanspeed

Banned
Whats the difference between these different servers y'all are on?

Anyways, my Minecraft username is Seanspeed99 if I could get permission to join up, pretty please?

First things, though - I'm experiencing issues with the graphics. All the underground areas are being displayed and the overworld isn't loading properly. Its pretty awful looking. Anybody know how to fix the issue?

-Minsc-

Anyways, my Minecraft username is Seanspeed99 if I could get permission to join up, pretty please?

First things, though - I'm experiencing issues with the graphics. All the underground areas are being displayed and the overworld isn't loading properly. Its pretty awful looking. Anybody know how to fix the issue?

I know on the server lag can cause chunks not to display. As for the specific glitch you're referring to I recall experiencing it back in the beta when viewing the land from specific angles/directions. It may still happen but I can't say for sure. If it does my mind would have become so accustomed to it that it doesn't register.

BTW, we have a mumble server right? What's the address for it? This would be handy information to have on the first page. ;)

defel

Try holding F3 and pressing A to reload the chunks.

Refyref

Oh, the GAF server was updated to the latest version? Missed that.
I'll hop on now to check it, hope you don't mind.

Grinchy

Banned
It's so weird that I can get zombie brains in gafland. I didn't even know what they were until dmented told me. But I have a ton of them if anyone wants them for some reason lol

Hey guys if you take stuff from other people's farms or animal pens please replant and feed the animals.

It's so weird that I can get zombie brains in gafland. I didn't even know what they were until dmented told me. But I have a ton of them if anyone wants them for some reason lol

Also, whats this about zombie brains?

Grinchy

Banned
Also, whats this about zombie brains?

I guess it's something from Feed the Beast, and for some reason, I get them on gafland. I already had a weird situation going on with my /sethome that Ark fixed, so this is just another weird thing I've somehow broken on the server lol

I'm going to keep collecting them though. I wonder if I can put them in a frame and hang them on the wall?

Morokh

you sure it's not just zombie flesh with a texture pack ?

Is this game just about building stuff? I'm about to get my Rift soon and I hear people say it's good with Minecraft, but just curious what it's about.

belushy

Banned
Hey, I've been getting back into Minecraft lately. If I can get added to the server that'd be pretty sweet.

Minecraft handle: nowayout47

edit: To clarify, I mean the vanilla one. My laptop can't handle FTB for some reason.

Grinchy

Banned
you sure it's not just zombie flesh with a texture pack ?

lol maybe you are onto something. Do the texture packs change the name of items sometimes too?

Here is the item. If it's just rotten flesh, I feel kinda dumb right now haha

edit- in fact, it has to be zombie flesh. Please, everyone pretend I never said any of this. I'll give you diamonds

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, basic questions incoming.

I'm trying to install Minecraft Forge and a couple mods, but I don't have any sort of Minecraft folder or anything? All I have is an .exe to launch the game. What is my next step here? I'm lost.

Morokh

lol maybe you are onto something. Do the texture packs change the name of items sometimes too?

With the new Resource Packs where you can customize a lot of things from animation, to sound and have multiple resolution textures, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case ;)

After playing all week-end and seeing many people asking a lot of questions, I thought I would make a recap about some of the basic guidelines, and some tips.
Feel free to edit, or add things.

GAFland general guidelines

- GAFland is SURVIVAL only ! if you want to do things in creative Neocraft awaits you with open arms. (the only exception to that has been the spawn building)
- GAFland is on hard mode, iron doors are your friends, if you use wooden doors and want to be 100% safe place a block behind the door when you're inside.
- Don't step on other people's toes, if you want to build something in a community area leave at least little bit of space with the surrounding buildings.
- Avoid flat cobblestone/stone brick square shaped buildings in community areas, try to fit with the style of the place, and try to make things look as nice as you can. Need help to make it look nicer ?, just ask in the chat.
- Found a spawner, or witch-hut, don't destroy it ! Built an XP farm ?, make it as easy to find as possible for others (roads, signs, nether portals ...)
- Found a Desert/Jungle temple, loot it, but try to leave it as intact as possible, you never know some people may want to make it their home.
- You usually can use other people's farms, but you HAVE to replant/breed(same if you raid a village for it's crops)
- Building far away from others ? Unless you don't want to be found, build a road, make it easier to find your build, we all love seeing what others came up with (leave a sign with your name somewhere too so we know who you are)
- Floating trees ? BURN THEM WITH FIRE !

Random Tips for returning players.

- No need to destroy Nether fortresses for nether bricks ! you can cook netherrack to get them. (Fences can't be crafted though)
- To tame a horse you need to ride it until he loves you, then put a saddle on him. you can put a chest on a mule/donkey so that they have their own inventory.
- Horses can be bred with golden carrots/apples ! Carrots are cheaper since they require only gold nuggets and not ingots.
- Clay can be cooked, and then Dyed like wool (16 colors). Hardened clay blocks blast resistance is the same as cobblestone.
- Zombies looking like villagers can be cured (Use a weakness potion on them, then feed them a golden apple) you can create, or repopulate villages that way (because in Hard mode they die very very fast ...)
- Quartz can be found in the Nether and is used for building, but also for redstone items like the day-night sensor and comparator.
- Cobwebs can be harvested with silk-touch enchanted shears.
- Armor/weapons can be repaired with an anvil using an armor piece of the same type, or the base material.
- Books can be enchanted, then applied on a tool/weapon using an anvil. You can put several enchants on a single item)
- You can combine books at an anvil (Unbreaking I + Unbreaking II will give you something like Unbreaking III and so on ...)
- You can trade items with villagers. It will usually require emeralds that are found only in extreme hills biomes)
- Nether Wart can grow in the overworld (on soulsand still)

Morokh

Haha ! great ! I see Minsc is still working on his smelter :p

This will come in handy to pick a good location for my first real house, because it doesn't fit with the spawn village's style.

WOW you even see people talking :D

Top Bottom