• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PSVR support in September

Codes 208

Xbox just boggle my mind at this point. So, your biggest first party gets an update for an even better version, on the competitors consoles and your own fanbase gets.... nothing? I just don't even know anymore, it gets to a point where it just feels like the people who actually buy and invest into Xbox and their console are just being flat out ignored in favour of absolutely everything else.

Flight Sim 2020 for PC (which wouldn't hurt so bad if the game wasn't their biggest technological leap since ever) and now VR support for PS Minecraft...

Phil, we also fucking want VR by the way, just incase you haven't noticed. Enjoy PS players, you seem to be getting better treatment than the Xbox fanbase itself.
i wonder if this is how the ps4 players felt during the two years they couldn’t get the bedrock update because Sony told MS to fuck off with cross-play.

Also I’m not sure where you got the idea Ms treats the other platforms better. Flight simulator has always been a pc game and the pc version of gamepass is heavily gimped compared to Xbox’s.

For-profit company that owns one of the most valuable IPs in the world puts out feature that will certainly drive sales of the base product, as well as impulse purchases in the in-game store as new and returning players decide to check out what's new. And GAF is asking why MS would do this?

Profit son!
tenor.gif

Shmunter

For-profit company that owns one of the most valuable IPs in the world puts out feature that will certainly drive sales of the base product, as well as impulse purchases in the in-game store as new and returning players decide to check out what's new. And GAF is asking why MS would do this?

Profit son!
tenor.gif
This will drive PSVR sales and new PS4 sales. Direct competition to xbox.

However, it is clear MS selling console hardware is no longer part of their long term strategy.

This will drive PSVR sales and new PS4 sales. Direct competition to xbox.

However, it is clear MS selling console hardware is no longer part of their long term strategy.
Minecraft was the slippery slope that caused Microsoft to neglect their own hardware. When looking at the guaranteed profits of Minecraft on Playstation, vs the uncertain profits of Series X hardware, Microsoft had made it clear which is more important.

At the very least, had Series X got its own VR solution, it wouldn't have looked so out of place. But such is the way the cookie crumbles, Playstation is a more appealing platform to Microsoft than their own home grown hardware.

I am certain that if the Xbox division had a say, they would have liked Minecraft to be exclusive on Xbox; but they would have been over-ruled instantly by the CEOs. Minecraft is bigger than even Xbox Division, and that is saying something.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone tested?
My brother (who has never played Minecraft before) and I played together in a fresh world online earlier. We had a lot of fun, but he had to dip out after about an hour. He was feeling a little queasy. It has happened to him on other VR games before too, but then he gets used to them.

It works extremely well. You can turn off every comfort setting and it plays exactly as it would normally, but in VR. Actually, it plays better (with the controller). Instead of awkwardly navigating menus, you can very quickly and intuitively point your cursor at items in the inventory with your head. It works quite nicely.

It also looks very sharp, even at a distance. I'm pretty impressed.

Top Bottom