• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft VITA/PS3/PS4 free on the PS Store.

Nice! Was planning on getting the retail Vita version, then PS4 unlock, but I'll trade having a nice case on my shelf for paying nothing any day!

You can do it. just add ps3 version to your download queue then download psvita demo and continue from there

Thanks it worked.

PS4 version is a demo btw, you can unlock it for EUR3.99 which I did, but the game still shows up as trial on PS4 and the PS Store says I already bought it. Are you supposed to get 100kb file like on ps3?

zz4y3NG.png

Poor guy who is responsible for this.

The Killzone SF bug was fine, since it was in house, but now Sony will have to pay to Microsoft for this.

Stike

I felt bad after doing that. So I insta-bought Styx for my conscience. I heard it is a good game anyway, so, why not...

I got the vita version, considering I've paid for minecraft on ps4,pc x 2,tablet x 2,xbox 360 x 2 I think guilt won't be an issue for me.

MUnited83

For you.
I swear Sony has issues like this way too often. I wonder why :/

Seems like the way they code the cross-buy eligibility is slightly flawed and many times it will give the full versions for free if you download a trial/demo when the game just started to be cross-buy.

Cookie18

Yay got it! It also said I could get the PS4 version for free after this. Added it just in case but dunno if that worked.

Dragun619

From the US, Used my Eu account, and it works. Downloading it on my PS3.

Do you guys know if I can transfer the UK vita version to a US account PS Vita?

data

Weird, I downloaded both demos then tried to redeem the complete PS3 version, and it said it was unavailable for half an hour. Now I tried again and it went to my cart.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Thank you! first time I've actually got in on one of these errors, downloading the Vita version now and look forward to playing for the first time.

Yay got it! It also said I could get the PS4 version for free after this. Added it just in case but dunno if that worked.

It's an incorrectly labeled demo. There's a separate "unlock key" for the PS4 version which you can get for a discount for owning the PS3/Vita versions.

FranXico

A couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened with Don't Starve Vita. If you happened to "own" Don't Starve for the PS4 via PS+, you would have been able to download the Vita version for free, and own it forever (I double checked the license info, it has no time limit).

MUnited83

For you.
A couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened with Don't Starve Vita. If you happened to "own" Don't Starve for the PS4 via PS+, you would have been able to download the Vita version for free, and own it forever (I double checked the license info, it has no time limit).

I believe that still happens. The game is supposed to be cross-buy, but because the cross-buy was added way after the PS+ period, it grants you a free ownable forever version.

Is it possible to make a fake EU account and then download it to my vita?
Well, yeah, but you would have to use that account to play it. You couldn't use your US account at the same time.

I believe that still happens. The game is supposed to be cross-buy, but because the cross-buy was added way after the PS+ period, it grants you a free ownable forever version.

Well, yeah, but you would have to use that account to play it. You couldn't use your US account at the same time.

Ugh, that's dumb. I wish they would let you play any game on the system regardless of which account is signed in.

Dragun619

They mentioned the Vita version would be cross buy, but yea, that's kinda cool to see it added to our account permanently rather than to our PS Plus list.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/25/dont-starve-giant-edition-coming-to-ps-vita-september-2nd/

Hmm, what would you do about the billing information though? Not sure what to do about address stuff when creating a fake EU account. Use a random houses address? That seems kinda shady.

FranXico

Actually, I am wondering, since PS+ combined with cross-buy causes these glitches, is it the same with paid upgrades?

I wouldn't mind buying Guacamelee PS4 using the PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

MUnited83

For you.
what are the chances of getting banned for making a fake account to do this?

Exactly zero.

Actually, I am wondering, since PS+ combined with cross-buy causes these glitches, is it the same with paid upgrades?

I wouldn't mind buying Guacamelee PS4 using the PS3 to PS4 upgrade.
If you are asking if buying the PS3 to PS4 upgrade for you PS3 Guacamelee(which you got on PS+ presumably) will grant you a PS4 version that you own forever, then yes, that what should happen.

MUnited83

For you.
For the PS3 dudes from the US, you can easily create a EU account, do this and download the game. You are then able to play it on your US account.

How do you redeem the code for the vita version? I don't have a PS3 :X
Check the op. Use the webstore and the steps I mentioned. You don't need a PS3 for that.

Top Bottom