• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Wii U Edition disc release coming to stores "soon"

FelipeMGM

Is MS the publisher for Minecraft Wii U? Sony is the publisher for PS4 and Vita for instance, so I dont know about the MS logo being on the box part

Is MS the publisher for Minecraft Wii U? Sony is the publisher for PS4 and Vita for instance, so I dont know about the MS logo being on the box part

MS 100% publish the Wii U eShop version in Japan. However Mojang do it themselves in the west. However, MS have their name on the ratings at I think ESRB aand PEGI, not sure about USK.

Edit: Yep, MS's name is on the Wii U version at USK's site.

Oh look, I might actually buy Minecraft now.

Been holding off because I dunno that I care to play it on PlayStation, and I don't want to add anything else to my digital catalog on Wii U that isn't DLC or a Virtual Console release.

Darrenf

I've wanted to get a physical copy of Minecraft for a while. Will definitely be buying this when it releases in Europe.

FelipeMGM

MS 100% publish the Wii U eShop version in Japan. However Mojang do it themselves in the west. However, MS have their name on the ratings at I think ESRB aand PEGI, not sure about USK.

Edit: Yep, MS's name is on the Wii U version at USK's site.

Well, thats cool. It will be interesting to see that on a boxart then

Well, thats cool. It will be interesting to see that on a boxart then

Again, Microsoft might only publish the retail version in Japan going by the eShop release.

But, the Wii U version's been doing REALLY well. MS might actually be tempted to publish it themselves worldwide to get a larger cut directly to themselves, who knows.

Again, Microsoft might only publish the retail version in Japan going by the eShop release.

But, the Wii U version's been doing REALLY well. MS might actually be tempted to publish it themselves worldwide to get a larger cut directly to themselves, who knows.

MS could probably still publish it but not put their logos etc all over it

Probably waiting for Super Mario amiibo patch or whatever. (Weren't there some hints at "exclusive content for Nintendo fans"?)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Awesome, I was hoping it'd get a disc release, I'd much prefer that over a digital copy.

Time to finally see what everyone has been raving about over the last four years.

Microsoft publishing a game on a Nintendo platform and not the other way around as some always speculate is kind of hilarious.

Still super interested in when they leverage owning the IP into an exclusive game.

Shiggy

This game is apparently being distributed by Nintendo of Europe, not by Microsoft. Retailers at least all list it as a NoE game.

Top Bottom