• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Xbox One coming this Friday (Sept. 5)

Daffy Duck

I don't even....

What?

It's a genuine question, I'm fairly sure I'm going to buy it on PS4, but if the resolution is the same on xbox one I may buy it on that instead so the kids can play it and not use my PS4.

I assume you think I was trying to start some kind of console war?

Rourkey

What?

It's a genuine question, I'm fairly sure I'm going to buy it on PS4, but if the resolution is the same on xbox one I may buy it on that instead so the kids can play it and not use my PS4.

Your kids are as stressed about resolution as you?

Lima

What?

feels like I'm being trolled.

Daffy Duck

Your kids are as stressed about resolution as you?

Nope not at all, just rather they not use my DS4 :p

I'm not stressed about it, just wondered if it was any different that's all (I should have put resolution+frame rate).

Sorry I own both consoles and wanted to know if there's any technical difference.

Edit:

I found this link that states 1080p/60fps on both XB1/PS4.

article

xBladeM6x

Aww yiss

I bet Achievement Hunter is happy

Considering I only play MC on PC this news doesn't directly affect me, but it will make watching AH far better considering it's likely that this version will be far more stable / have much faster chunk loading than 360.

Foshy

If I buy the ps4 version do I get the vita version for free?

If you buy the Vita version, you get the PS3 version for free (and viceversa). You can then pay $5 extra to get the PS4 too.

I'm not sure if it works if you but the PS4 version first though. I'd suggest you do it the other way around unless we get confirmation that it works.

For £4 (upgrade) I can't say no, cousin will love it when he visits anyway so all worth while.

Better performance, slightly larger worlds and higher resolution is worth it.

ringlord

4 player split screen? Guess I have to spring for a 3rd controller so me and my two kids can play together.

If they can have infinite worlds on the iPad edition, I don't see why they can't have it on the console version. Seems like there would be a lot of easy ways to compress the save file if that was the concern.

Maybe it'll get added later.

Naked Lunch

Really cool that you can bring over everything from your 360 save - even your creations. Makes me very hopeful for pretty much any 360 arcade game converting to XB1 - especially World of Tanks if, and when it ever comes out.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
So the big improvement is that worlds are now 6000x6000 blocks instead of 1000x1000? That's shameful. It was announced to feature the same unlimited worlds as on PC. Exploration is half the fun in Minecraft. You can only walk 800 blocks in the Nether on Xbox One before reaching invisible borders.

Indeed. Especially confusing since iOS minecraft recently updated to include infinite worlds.

Top Bottom