• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minnesota Republican Party Forgot to File Paperwork to get Trump on the Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. It wouldn be amazing.

No doubt, my friend..

9v68YaU.gif

Apzu

August 29? Come on, couldn't they report this after that? It would be awesome to see a ballot with only Clinton, Johson and Stein. I mean, will Stein and Johnson be on the ballot?

MJPIA

Clearly a clever ploy by Trump, you can't lose a state if your not on the ballet.
When elections are over he can boast it wasn't a clean 50 state sweep against him.
CqqbIgrVIAEMDQf.jpg

Below is the process. No concerns with @MNSteveSimon, just curious why #MNGOP hasn't completed task yet ->
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/25/breaking.-donald-trump-ballot-minnesota/
Red state's article has a ton of hilarious tweets from someone who dug into this.
So, @MNSteveSimon website's provides a great way to get info on candidates - but Trump isn't listed, because #MNGOP hasn't filed info. Wow.
UPDATE: A top #mngop official was completely unaware paperwork had not been submitted to SOS to ensure Trump's name was on the ballot in MN.
UPDATE: Total confusion among #MNGOP officials on process for Trump being on MN ballot - absolutely possible they could've missed deadline.

People complain about the political system being rigged, but more and more it just seems like there are just certain groups that are way more organized than others.

This includes being organized with $, though, and thanks to Citizens United I guess there will be some people who have an easier time organizing $.

Like its hilarious if this plays out

On the other hand the last thing Trump and his supporters need is more "evidence" the system is "rigged" against him

This is potentially huge as Minnesota is a reasonably big battleground state (though it usually goes blue). You better believe that state Democrats will be fighting tooth and nail to keep Trump off the ballot.

It's not the absolute end of the world as Trump can apply as a write-in candidate, but if people don't know they can do that (you'd be surprised) it hurts his chances.

Few things:

1) Sounds like he'll be on the ballot as long as they get it all in within the next few days, which I'm sure the Minnesota GOP will, even without some official party process in place

2) They're still idiots

3) This is emblematic of the disorganization of the Republican party this election, but if this were your candidate, e.g., if Bernie won the primary but Minnesota was strongly Clinton, and Bernie's name somehow didn't appear on the November ballot, then you'd like think somebody in the Clinton camp or the GOP was trying to sabotage your candidate. So, as much glee as you may enjoy with this, it's probably best if we just hope everything gets squared away rather than leading to election day shaninigans and people claiming a rigged election.

In the interest of democracy, he should absolutely be on there. I guess that I meant "amazing" less in the sense of good, and more in the sense of historically interesting. Definitely would be interesting.

Not that he will win Minnesota. That state isn't going red anytime soon.

Why is democracy slighted if he is not on the ballot?

Democracy set up the process of getting on the ballot, which someone who plans to lead the largest bureaucracy in the world just be able to handle and delegate. If a major candidate can't handle that, maybe they don't deserve to be on the ballot.

If he doesn't get on, that is his fault. People can still write-in Trump.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I love that the ad at the bottom of the page is trump and a big ass AMERICA PRIDE behind him.

This election is really going to be one for the history books.

mo60

Not like he was going to win there anyway. It would be even funnier if this happened in FL, OH, PA, or another place that will actually matter.

The total amount of votes he would get out of MN would have been over a million most likely which can easily hurt his popular vote total nationally a lot if he was unlucky if he was not on the ballot in that state.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
As funny as this is, id rather it all go smooth and Trump to lose on level ground so we don't get 30 years of IT WAS FIXED

If Trump was left off the ballot, the Minnesota GOP could theoretically coordinate a write-in campaign for Trump.

Not all states allow / accept write-ins. I don't know about Minnesota.

In the interest of democracy, if they couldn't follow the rules/ meet the deadlines, he shouldn't be on there. And someone might challenge that.

Judicial precedent is in favor of bending the rules to allow candidates even if it violates specific laws (as to number of days overdue, etc), because it's in the interest of democracy and citizens to have candidates on ballots.

Cowie

So what I'm gleaming from this is that the LEGAL MARIJUANA NOW party has their shit more together than Minnesota Republicans.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
hahahahahahaaaa...

I don't give a single fuck about 'keeping it clean' ect...

GOP fucked up in many ways over the past 8 years they need to eat this L. Forgot or 'forgot' doesn't matter they fucked this up. It's on them.

PAY ATTENTION SHEEPLE

The media is bias!
They are stealing this election!
Pay attention!
How come no one is mentioning that J Cole went platinum without features!?

Nekofrog

Banned
Unrelated, is there anything I can type in a gaf post to stop getting pro Donald trump ads on gaf? Something that the ad analytics will pick up on? Like, fuck Donald trump I hope all his hair falls out (most of it already has) or I hope Donald trump goes bankrupt for a tenth time?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Unrelated, is there anything I can type in a gaf post to stop getting pro Donald trump ads on gaf? Something that the ad analytics will pick up on? Like, fuck Donald trump I hope all his hair falls out (most of it already has) or I hope Donald trump goes bankrupt for a tenth time?

On a related note I'm now getting white supremacist and rabidly pro-gun videos in my Youtube recommendations because of GAF.

W-00

This is very amusing, but he seriously needs to be on the ballot. I don't want there to be any asterisks next to Trump's defeat. There shouldn't be any gray areas, questions, or what-ifs about the outcome of this election. There needs to be clear, overwhelming proof that the entire nation* had a choice between Clinton and Trump and that the majority didn't choose Trump.

*okay, technically, just all of the eligible voters of the nation.

SeanC

Nah, you want him on the ballot otherwise he and his supporters will just use that excuse on why he didn't win.

Every state needs to vote so when Hillary kills him there's no "explanation" other than people fucking hate Trump and unanimously (hopefully...) say no to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom