• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge [2] announced (PC/PS4/XBO), Trailer [Up: Screens, Gifs, Origin Story]

Sianos

Mmmmmmm yes, I was waiting for you.

Multiplat too, excellent. I don't even care if its Origin exclusive, it'll be mine.

Holy crap I've been waiting so long for this. The best gen of last gen finally gets a sequel. I really hope it's on all platforms (PS4/X1/PC).

flyover

from the website
<meta name="description" content="Discover the Origin story of Faith in Mirror's Edge™. Coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4." />

Yay to more Mirror's Edge. Boo to a prequel. God, I hate prequels. So lazy. But still, yay to more Mirror's Edge.

jaypah

Ah, smells like victory for (almost) everybody. But honestly, if you have a WiiU (I do) you should have at least another platform to cover games like this. Depending on when this comes out PC version get! Or if I haven't "next-gen'd" my PC yet, PS4 get!

GHG

Gold Member
Inject this into my veins via my PC now!

E3 Delivers. I don't care what else happens now.

GQman2121

Banned
ibvqAgSF8tPpO.gif

My veins are ready......

Yeah, don't expect this any time soon

Hi, my name is Sara Jansson, and I have the honor of working as Senior Producer for Mirror’s Edge.

Wow, it feels great to finally be able to type those words. Ever since we introduced the world to Mirror’s Edge in 2008, we have been waiting for the right moment to bring Faith back -- and we know you have been waiting as well. We’re taking Mirror’s Edge to a new era of entertainment delivering unique gameplay only possible today with our newly developed Frostbite engine and the arrival of the next generation platforms. You can get a glimpse of what I’m talking about in the official Mirror’s Edge E3 Teaser Trailer above.

Like so many fans I fell in love with the original Mirror’s Edge. I think it’s because it did things in a brave new way from the first-person parkour inspired movement in a vertical environment to the unique art direction; all of this based in at stark dystopian setting that still feels too close for comfort. But perhaps the strongest element in Mirror’s Edge is its iconic heroine, Faith. In 2008, I was one of the millions of fans who connected with Faith. Today, I feel privileged to be leading the charge on a new Mirror’s Edge featuring one of gaming’s most inspiring and true heroines.

So there you have it. The stake is in the ground, this new game will be a first-person action adventure starring Faith and I am here to tell you that we will stay true to Mirror’s Edge.

As we embark on this new adventure, I ask that you be patient as we explore the best way to make Faith’s return as memorable and impactful as the original game. We are still in early stages of development and we don’t want to rush anything. We want to make sure we create an experience that lives up to high expectations and fully takes advantage of the next generation of systems.

Finally, I want to extend a sincere thank you to all of our fans. Every time you have asked us about the future of Faith, we have felt your support. Without you, the new Mirror’s Edge wouldn’t be happening.

I really hope that this doesn't turn into another BG&2 situation where it seemed like they announced it to shut fans up and then we've been left in the cold with nothing ever since.

Looks really good.

Most important thing:

No guns! Well, maybe the guy in the top right corner has one, but at least they're making it a lot better on that end. Still wish there were guys chasing you rather than in front of you though.

RoKKeR

Man, forget individual companies winning E3, DICE is the leader in the clubhouse.

Battlefront, Mirror's Edge 2, incredible BF4 multiplayer demo, they are absolutely killing it.

boingball

So far the only interesting news out of E3.
Plus: Seems to be not an xbone exclusive
Minus: "release date when ready". EA's BG&E?

Lakitu

st5fu
It looks glorious. DICE have won this E3 imo, Battlefront 3 announcement, amazing (but scripted) demo of BF 4 and this. Fuck yes :) I just hope Solar Fields is doing the soundtrack again.

Dang0

When this was announced, I went 'fuck yes' and pumped my fists, I was friggin teary eyed! I want it, I want it right now.

Seda

PR said:
June 10, 2013

DICE Heralds the Return of Mirror's Edge

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DICE, an award-winning studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and developer of the blockbuster Battlefield™ franchise, today announced that fan-favorite Mirror's Edge™ is in early stages of development. Mirror's Edge was first introduced in 2008 and fans quickly elevated the game's heroine "Faith" into a videogame icon. Gamers and critics worldwide praised its unique characters, highly stylized world and fresh take on first person action adventure. The new Mirror's Edge reboots the franchise for the next generation with advanced visuals and an all-new origin story for Faith. Powered by DICE's proprietary Frostbite™ technology, the game will be heading to Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4, and PC.

"We introduced Mirror's Edge and Faith to gamers five years ago, and we've waited for the right moment to reunite them," said Sara Jansson, Senior Producer, DICE. "Thanks to the Frostbite engine and a new generation of platforms, we are now able to deliver a richer world that players will be able to explore with a new level of freedom in both movement and action."

Top Bottom