• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - new previews/videos - Closed Beta begins April 22-26th

DOWN

Banned
Not really much better...

Here is a PS4 Screen from the same Scene:

WudGkPc.png

More PS4 Screens if interested ;)
http://imgur.com/a/cFOWF

Looks good to me for open world unlocked 60fps

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still haven't gotten a code from AR12.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. DICE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I JUST WANT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. :( ;____________________;

DOWN

Banned
Still haven't gotten a code from AR12.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. DICE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I JUST WANT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. :( ;____________________;

They seem to be manually emailing the codes and have dozens and dozens of people asking for them now so stay hopeful for a bit.

Theorry

And all you have to do is spam X haha. Atleast against those guys.
But it does a great job of make you feel like a badass. I give them that.

DOWN

Banned
And all you have to do is spam X haha. Atleast against those guys.
But it does a great job of make you feel like a badass. I give them that.

I love the fight moves in the first game and I think it looks even better in Catalyst. Glad they worked on it.

Tuck

Have the beta access emails been sent out? I signed up but havent gotten anything.

EDIT: Read earlier pages, question answered.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have the beta access emails been sent out? I signed up but havent gotten anything.

No, again. Tomorrow because EA sucks.

Meanwhile you try your luck on DICE's twitter account(s) or G2A or whatever or cry like me because I've been waiting 2+ years to get my hands on just the fucking beta to play. :| >:| :mad:

Hmm. IQ is meh and there seems to be some kind of temporal AA/blur but I'm not too focused on that ATM as its not launch code. I don't know how I feel about the parkour, though. It feels a lot floater than 2008

Shin-Ra

Doom beta didn't look good to me though. It was id tech mega texture hell with blurry IQ.
Maybe my SSD helps but textures rarely loaded in late apart from respawns.

And blurry, (well)supersampled image quality's a HELL (ha) of a lot better than blurry aliasing.

DOWN

Banned
didnt see any blurry iq on Doom beta wth are you talking about?

Dynamic resolution and screen tear are all over that beta. Looks soft on consoles because of its AA solutions. Digital Foundry explains the tech reasons I believe, but I'm certain they caught it all and more.

Sooo floaty. Not saying whether it's worse or better yet because I've had tons of experience with 2008 so of COURSE it would feel different. But Faith feels much, much lighter.

Dynamic resolution and screen tear are all over that beta. Looks soft on consoles because of its AA solutions. Digital Foundry explains the tech reasons I believe, but I'm certain they caught it all and more.

There wasn't any screen-tearing in the last beta. DF confirmed it the other day.

NeoRaider

Wow...this does not look like the trailer footage...Visuals must be dialled back a lot, because looks far below Battlefront...

IKR? I wouldn't say it's ugly, but i expected more. Also it's very demanding or badly optimized. But let's not judge based on the beta, we should wait till... well June now. XD

GavinUK86

It looks alright on PC but it's definitely not much of a looker on PS4. I have both on screens next to each other and the difference is night and day.

xam3l

Thread title says April 22nd

I just got an Xbox one code, can I redeem and play today?

I can try it for you, if you want. :p

I feel like it has been an impossible task to get a code... I've been on twitters, streams foruns, and nothing, nada. Arg, really want to play it. :'(

Tawpgun

Lol I posted on that ar12 forum, then I went to the dudes Twitter account and tweeted asking if he was giving any away on Twitter and he gave me one

Top Bottom