• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Misfits Series 4 |OT| Alisha Gifs Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arment

Rudy was cool, but he was no Nathan. Not even close. Surprised so many people seem to feel he is the better character. The biggest problem with Nathan was the writing -- he got dumber as the series went on, and by the time of "Vegas, Baby!" he went full retard ("how was I supposed to know a die doesn't have seven sides? Lawl" it's a shame because they spent a lot of time developing his character and then just tossed it down the drain because they were desperate for comic relief or some shit.

Thankfully Simon became an awesome character by the end of season 2 and is easily the best actor on the show. Now he's gone too and I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

I'll hold out for impressions on the new cast and overall plot of this season, but I really doubt I'll ever enjoy the show as much as I did season 2, the season where it really found its legs IMO.

Yeah, I enjoyed Rudy as a replacement but I'll take Nathan back any day.

SaintZ

I hadn't seen the trailer for the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPj-fnrjNco&feature=player_embedded

Wth at the plot lol. Also another clip when Jess and Finn meet for the first time: http://youtu.be/eiaf7IDwgxc

Ngl, Jess is really hot.

w8aWZ.png

SaintZ

The episode was ok. It felt like filler and not a season premiere but Misfits tends to get better as the season progresses.

I like Jess but not so sure about Finn. I feel like they're trying to turn him into Simon 2.0
with the twist at the end.

I wonder if Seth's going to show up again but based on what was said I'm guessing not. They seemed to use him as a plot device just to explain Kelly's absence.

The new probation worker, lmao. Sally was bland and Shaun just fucked around with them but he's something else. We'll see if he makes it out alive by the end of the season.

Hopefully, things get more exciting next episode.

Also, Kimbra #getdatpromo at the end hehe.

The end of season 3 left a bad taste in my mouth. Is there an actual purpose for this season? I thought the show was going to go somewhere, but it seems like nothing actually progresses and they've just flipped the cast since the actors moved on.

Emwitus

Show isn't the same without nathan, simon and alisha. Just feels violent and perv for the sake of being funny. Might give one more episode a go and quit.

rar

the show was already going downhill well before nathan left

it's a clear example of someone coming up with idea but having no clue where to go with it. they should've actually came up with a story and wrapped it up within two seasons before the actors started bailing out

SaintZ

The end of season 3 left a bad taste in my mouth. Is there an actual purpose for this season? I thought the show was going to go somewhere, but it seems like nothing actually progresses and they've just flipped the cast since the actors moved on.
I think they have a plot for the season and it revolves around the new character Alex but he hasn't been introduced yet (and he looks to be absent next episode as well).
Show isn't the same without nathan, simon and alisha. Just feels violent and perv for the sake of being funny. Might give one more episode a go and quit.
OMG,
the part with Rudy sawing the dude's hand off D: What kind of Saw shit?!

Tokubetsu

Eh, its kinda purposeless but I'm still finding it entertaining so far. Weak start but I was on board from the piss scene on.

Arment

It was definitely a weak opener and the presence of the old cast is completely gone.

I still liked it though. The new probation officer looks promising.

dalin80

Banned
Group dynamic just isn't there at the moment, it may have been screwed up by kelly actually being a chav and getting fired not leaving time for a full recast and rewrite. Hoping the next ep has another girl join the crew, maybe one from a past ep for a more familiar face, are any still alive?

The quality of the show dropped really fast after the Christmas episode with the cast switching their powers and the season 3...

So, is Lauren Socha still in jail?

I thought it was pretty great - cant really get that kind of TV out of any other show - kind of glad Kelly is gone as she has always been the weakest of the bunch.

Man that was a painfully mediocre episode. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the new characters seem so plain. Could gladly watch a whole series of Rudy, Seth, (and maybe Curtis if he's interesting) bantering.

better actor, funnier lines, funnier character

If Rudy started off the show and Nathan was his replacement people wouldn't be baffled by this.

The show clearly jumped the shark sometime around the nazi episode last season and I want to stop watching, but Rudy might be my favorite actor/character over the entire run.

If they can find an season arc to stick him in, I'd be endlessly happy.

Epcott

Rudy > Nathan? The fuck is wrong with some of you??

Rudy is pretty funny (especially in One of season 4), but Nathan has him beat by sheer absurdness and foulness. Though, looking back at episode One season 4, I doubt Nathan would do that to the poor guy who had the brief case.

So what the hell is going on, Kelly is
defusing mines who knows where
but her boyfriend hangs out with the delinquents? Brilliant?

Also, just how long is these guys community service? I guess they gave up on explaining their prolonged service, eh gov?

clemenx

Banned
So, Curtis is the de facto main character? Fucking lol. He can't even carry an episode.

I like Rudy, at least. Count me on the people who thought this should've stopped without Simon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was a weak premiere. The group dynamic just isn't there at this point, though hopefully that will change.

I'm really not a fan of when a new character comes in with a power that makes the gang act crazy/brainwashed (aside from the first time they did it, way back in the first season). It seems lazy of the writers to keep going back to that. Kinda hard to get to know the new characters when they're under a spell for half the episode. They seem interesting, and I like their interactions with one another, but I hope they really flesh them out soon. Rudy was almost fully realized from his very first episode.

So Kelly is in Africa deactivating land mines? lol That seems like something she would do.

the new character Alex but he hasn't been introduced yet (and he looks to be absent next episode as well).

He's in episode 2.

So, Curtis is the de facto main character? Fucking lol. He can't even carry an episode.

I don't think so. It's still an ensemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom