• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MiSTer FPGA Sega Saturn core gets an epic update and is in the home stretch

VGEsoterica

For those of you with MiSTers or sitting on the fence, today the Sega Saturn core got an update that was merged into main and update_all, bringing what feels like 95% of a full Sega Saturn to FPGA. For a lot of games its 1:1 performance to real hardware at this point in time after near to two years of work from the core dev Srg320, who legit worked in a war zone on half the core. To say the work he did was impressive is an absolute understatement.

Its never been a better time to be a Sega fan than 2024 it seems and today Saturn gets one step closer to a full FPGA recreation. Which is wild considering just how complex and messy the Saturn architecture truly is and what has been achieved by one dev plugging away at the hardware to get it to function on an FPGA dev board.

Gaf...who's been playing Saturn in FPGA? because if you were on the fence about MiSTer N64 will soon join the Update_all party too

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Does it play Super Tempo yet? That’s the game I’ve been waiting for support for.

Crayon

I try to avoid emulation but this is awesome. Good to know I'll have an option. But there are good services now to refresh hardware now so maybe I'll never need it.

Top Bottom