• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

For Kraken I-II:
- You can kill the original tentacles at the same time to prevent re-raise. I like to focus on them until dead then kill the boss.
- Additional spawns won't raise the originals, only the originals will
- Sword guys do the most damage, spear and bow are nerfed on this boss.
~30% boss will do random 20 hits to all chars. Evasive arts helps.

No groundbreaking news in Nico stream. More badass art though.

1QbjzCJ.png

For Kraken I-II:
If you got Palpa Z (or Gatz Z), you can easily try Kraken III for short kill using the ATK tap skill. Those tentacles are also really weak to paralyze, gravity and sleep.

Small stuff I didn't notice with 4.1.0, but max companions is up to 500 (nifty!), and MZ7 goes up to max level 90 instead of 70-80.

Pachimari

So is this game still worth playing or has it become too hard or grindy? I just started it up seriously today and beat Chapter 1, and I'm absolutely loving it.

So is this game still worth playing or has it become too hard or grindy? I just started it up seriously today and beat Chapter 1, and I'm absolutely loving it.

It can be quite grindy but I like it anyway. I'm at a wall in chapter 34 I can't get passed so I'm working on leveling characters and doing events until I get my guys boosted enough to take it on.

Staab

It's great. Just have fun with it and decide later if you want it to be grindy :p
It really doesn't have to be until you start wanting certain specific characters or beating the extra hard boss events.

Meeps

So there's still a lot of activity around this game, and new events happening? :)

They just added a lot of new content, including the trading post and new challenges, but it's mostly for people who have long finished the main campaign and had nothing else to spend stamina on. You'll have plenty to do if you're just starting! Your experience will heavily depend on what random characters you pull, but it really isn't too difficult (and that was before Companions existed), plus they're incredibly generous with free energy. Be sure to check out Terra Battle Forum and the official wiki.

Pachimari

They just added a lot of new content, including the trading post and new challenges, but it's mostly for people who have long finished the main campaign and had nothing else to spend stamina on. You'll have plenty to do if you're just starting! Your experience will heavily depend on what random characters you pull, but it really isn't too difficult (and that was before Companions existed), plus they're incredibly generous with free energy. Be sure to check out Terra Battle Forum and the official wiki.

I guess it's this Forum? Hope it's active, so I can get help throughout heh.

Seems Terra Battle console version is still under works.
Sakaguchi mentioned about it at BitSummit, but still a long way to go.
We probably won't get it before his other unknown project with Silicon Studio though.

CnBWXN3WAAAYwdK.jpg

On another note, the stream on Saturday showed early art of most probably S'naip recode.
Strongest melee character is getting stronger. :O

Cm9MiIJUkAEBlhk.jpg

I guess it's this Forum? Hope it's active, so I can get help throughout heh.
GAF TB is dead, but TB overall has a pretty active and dedicated community.

Tiamat Kino is out, alongside Camellia recode.

Most notable thing though is that current Trading Post has 20 Companion tickets for grabs.
Only 80 eyes each. (you get ~200 from Tiamat Hard)

Get 10 of them, then pull with current "10x get 2-S" Companion event going on.

Tip for simple Tiamat Kino Hard:
Go in with full fire team (Bahamut Λ, Bahamut, Lewto Λ, Lewto, Koko Λ, Amazora Λ, Diana, etc) + Ami Λ for heal or Gego Λ or Rikken for Negotiator.
Then just move around until metal runner pops up, kill it, then destroy Tiamat when he changes to Ice element.

Tiamat Kino is out, alongside Camellia recode.

Most notable thing though is that current Trading Post has 20 Companion tickets for grabs.
Only 80 eyes each. (you get ~200 from Tiamat Hard)

Get 10 of them, then pull with current "10x get 2-S" Companion event going on.
Heeey. That's cool enough for me to get back in for a little bit.

For the very few still interested...

The Last Story event is returning today, so time to get some Celestial Envoy companions if you haven't obtained them last time.
It's probably the best offense companion in the game honestly. (top 3 easily)

Also, the "10 times in a row pull with guaranteed 2 S class characters or higher" will be available with increased Z rank rate.
This is the best pull event in the game currently (until they add in some guaranteed Z in random future)

Finally, Sakaguchi in San Francisco.

Hope they rehost the kino events soon. I wasn't able to get Suoh-o but I got the rest of the unique companions. I even got a lucky pull in and got Korin ^, so no need to recode him. My Eileen is almost recodable.

OMG Aero

Also, the "10 times in a row pull with guaranteed 2 S class characters or higher" will be available with increased Z rank rate.
This is the best pull event in the game currently (until they add in some guaranteed Z in random future)
Did a ten pull and my two rares were Gatz (which I didn't have since II recoded the one I already had into Gatz /\) and I got a Z which was 54B2 which is cool I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
While I'm aware there are some madmen out there playing PAD on emulator with a mouse, Terra Battle's controls with a mouse are going to be interesting.

anaron

While I'm aware there are some madmen out there playing PAD on emulator with a mouse, Terra Battle's controls with a mouse are going to be interesting.
a mouse is like the closest thing to the mobile touch control scheme so I'm glad there will be one that captures what makes the original work so well if the console version is weird or wildly different.

but yeah, where the hell is Matsuno World

Falk

that puzzling face
I was always under the assumption that the console version would be limited to platforms with touchscreens.

(ahahahha yeah right)

I've had to play Terra Battle a few times on emulator, and it works pretty damn well.
Movements were slower because of emulation, but with a real PC app thing it should be neat.

Matsuno World where?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No info since that stream a few months back saying that they were still working on it.
I guess I wasn't joking afterall last year when I said we'll have it during second anniversary.

So there was new 4.2 stuff with Hiso stream, but no Matsuno.
(pics taken from TB forum chat)

Odin, Bahamut and Leviathan getting a fourth difficulty, with new 0 companion drop.

4 new boss battles to replace the 4 Kino ones we had this month.

New Z character with 3 jobs, that can be recoded to a Z powerhouse. <.<
(i think... chat wasn't sure)

New Luck stat that increases item drop quality.
Have to use a new gold option in PoT, so expect gold sink.

The rest is chapter 36 and Kem, S'naip, Burbaba, Amina recodes.

Next stream in 20 days, so not that far.
With chapter 37 preview.
Is useless Ba'gunar going to get a recode ? :O

anaron

I've had to play Terra Battle a few times on emulator, and it works pretty damn well.
Movements were slower because of emulation, but with a real PC app thing it should be neat.

¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

No info since that stream a few months back saying that they were still working on it.
I guess I wasn't joking afterall last year when I said we'll have it during second anniversary.

ew why is Amina a five year old now?

4.2.0 is out and some features are unlocked.

Chapter 36
Luck system and added Pact of Fate
3rd Descent: Bahamut &#923;
8-Bit Orbling
Mizell added and Burbaba &#923; recode

Note:
I recommend not wasting Energy to pull from the Pact of Fate because of all the dupes you will get from starting with 0 Luck.
It's more of a gacha made for whales that wants max Luck fast.
You do gain Luck like SB% though, from any stages costing 8+ stamina.
You can also re-recode to gain Luck, but caution before doing it since you will lose old character once again.

Stay with the Pact of Truth, since we've all been mostly gaining SB% for a long while.

Meeps

Not a lot of happy players over at TerraBattleForums. Hopefully someone finds a reasonable strategy for Orbling III. The Luck system seems like a really bizarre cash grab.

duckroll

I'm going to get into chapter 36 later. Excited for it. I tried out Orbling but I was instantly pissed off. I didn't like the Dragon Kings battles either. I feel that the obstacle system in Terra Battle is really bad, and was added as an afterthought. It feels like a gimmick, goes against what I enjoy about the game, and seems to exist only to irritate the player and to encourage acquisition of units which can bypass them. It's really dumb.

I'm going to get into chapter 36 later. Excited for it. I tried out Orbling but I was instantly pissed off. I didn't like the Dragon Kings battles either. I feel that the obstacle system in Terra Battle is really bad, and was added as an afterthought. It feels like a gimmick, goes against what I enjoy about the game, and seems to exist only to irritate the player and to encourage acquisition of units which can bypass them. It's really dumb.
The Orbling obstacles are kinda all over, which makes it impossible without Kinetic Wards.

The ones in Dragon Kings were more creative though, since you could actually dodge them while moving. I thought it was a fun gimmick.

Hopefully someone finds a reasonable strategy for Orbling III.
Reasonable, no.
If you got Camellia &#923; and her unique 0 otomo, you can pretty much take any other characters since she'll be immune to those traps.

Staab

The Orbling obstacles are kinda all over, which makes it impossible without Kinetic Wards.

The ones in Dragon Kings were more creative though, since you could actually dodge them while moving. I thought it was a fun gimmick.

Reasonable, no.
If you got Camellia &#923; and her unique 0 otomo, you can pretty much take any other characters since she'll be immune to those traps.

The characters you drag still get hurt by the traps though.. it kind of sucks :/
I'm with duckroll on this, I feel like it's just forcing you to acquire new units/otomos (gacha!)...
Just like you required tap units for the dragon king, and axion companions or the new Z's...
It's just that there's no way to go around these things reasonably like before.

I still like all this new content they bring (it's more regular now too), the new chapters are dope and the art is just as amazing as always... but yeah.
I did 5x 10 pulls during the special events and I never got any of the new units so I'm a bit stuck right now.

OMG Aero

I didn't pay enough attention in maths at school, if I try and 100% skill boost Burbaba before I pull from PoT would it noticeably increase the probability that I would get one of the increased odds Z characters or would it have the same effect as if I maxed any other character and removed them from the pool?

duckroll

I didn't pay enough attention in maths at school, if I try and 100% skill boost Burbaba before I pull from PoT would it noticeably increase the probability that I would get one of the increased odds Z characters or would it have the same effect as if I maxed any other character and removed them from the pool?

Your odds of getting a Z character will be exactly the same. What you would be improving would be the odds of getting any other character of the same class instead.

When you pull a character, there is a probability that you will get a certain class first and foremost, when that probability triggers, you have the same odds of getting any available character in that class. By maxing out characters, you reduce the availability in that class, which means you remove the odds of getting that character as a dupe.

OMG Aero

Your odds of getting a Z character will be exactly the same. What you would be improving would be the odds of getting any other character of the same class instead.

When you pull a character, there is a probability that you will get a certain class first and foremost, when that probability triggers, you have the same odds of getting any available character in that class. By maxing out characters, you reduce the availability in that class, which means you remove the odds of getting that character as a dupe.
Huh.
So does that mean that even during these increased odds events it's not actually increasing your chances of getting a Z character, it just means that if you do get a Z character there is a higher chance it will be one of the two in this event?

duckroll

Almost at the end of Chapter 36 now. Just did the boss fight on the 8th stage, and that was SO GOOD. Even with the twisters as obstacles throughout the chapter, I feel this is how they -should- be designed. If you have a character who can bypass them, that's super helpful, but if you don't, it just becomes a trickier aspect of positioning and knowing how to overcome it. Having a blast. On the other hand, the obstacles in the challenges like the Orbling are just total BS.

So I've been taking advantage of the weekend and the coin creep event to pull as many pact of fate as possible with coins. Goal is to get to the point where I can 100 luck with 1-2 wasted slots in my farming party and hopefully get pig snouts for camilla ^. I need her kinetic ward to tackle mutoh and bullshit like orbling. I don't think I'll make it in time though.

At least most of the crappy characters max out at 70 luck.

Is there a list anywhere of recode only characters so I stop wasting perfectly good high boost guys?

Meeps

I heard that there will be an "emergency patch" on Monday that will allow the 8-bit monsters to be captured regularly. It's nice to know that they're taking some of the criticism to heart.

duckroll

Yes the Luck system as currently implemented is complete garbage and I'm glad Mistwalker realized that not fixing it would mean an even quicker death for a game already in its twilight. There's nothing wrong with introducing a new system late in the game which adds a new layer of grind for players who have already maxed out a lot of stuff. What is wrong is when you disguise the system as a bonus benefit (look, if you put effort into this, you can get even MORE drops from each battle!), and then implement it as an actual requirement to benefit much from brand new events.

Also, the 8-bit battles really need a fix in the design of the battles themselves. Glad to hear they're tuning the battles too. I hope I feel better about the new event stuff after Monday's patch.

I'm getting increasingly anxious about the fate of Matsuno World though. Sakaguchi has completely ceased talking about it, and all the new mini-streams have him showing off this brand new "special scenario event" with lots of really cool fantasy stuff, but it's clearly not Matsuno World since it is written by the regular Terra Battle writer. So weird... :(

I don't see any mention of Kitase's promised "Endless Quest" either. All the PR stuff talking about the new batch of 8-bit Battles mention the Kitase Download Starter goal being met, which seems to suggest that it might be a replacement for that. I hope not...

So many promises being broken... Sakaguchi-san... why?

I don't see any mention of Kitase's promised "Endless Quest" either. All the PR stuff talking about the new batch of 8-bit Battles mention the Kitase Download Starter goal being met, which seems to suggest that it might be a replacement for that. I hope not...
"Endless Quest" are the 8-bit monster battles we have currently.
They were designed by Yoshinori Kitase.

We've probably over-hyped it because of the words "Endless Quest".

Also, the LUCK system is meant to be more than just item drops.
Mistwalker has mentioned multiple times that they wanted it to increase main stats once you've passed 100%.
This is why I think LUCK will get an overhaul, and be made easier to obtain.
It's currently too much for casual gamers and F2P players to progress properly.

Even with all the doom and gloom from 4.2.0's extra grind, I still think TB is the best mobile game on the market.
There's just something charming about it that makes it hard to fully quit.
I believe playing it casually + having another game on the side is the way to go.

duckroll

"Endless Quest" are the 8-bit monster battles we have currently.
They were designed by Yoshinori Kitase.

We've probably over-hyped it because of the words "Endless Quest".

No it's not. This is 100% not the case. Early on, along with the Matsuno World stuff which were datamined, an "Endless Tower" quest was datamined. It's totally different from the 8-bit stuff we have now. Which means if there is no more Endless Quest, Mistwalker changed their minds somewhere along the way.

Top Bottom