• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MK vs DC Official Thread of T rated goodness and unnecessary konsonant substitution

Grecco

Playing through the DC Story. Wow. Amazing stuff

Finished the Captain Marvel Chapter, and a hilarious hilarious video happens where Captain Marvel explains about dark khan and Joker screams KAHHHNNNNNNNNN So Awesome. Joker <3... But Why the HELL is Sonya and Kano working together? Someone needs to read up on their Kombat canon

MickeyPhree

I think this game is an absolute blast. If you want a fighter you can just pick up and play and feel satisfied this is your game. Toned down violence or not, this game is great.

outsidah

mr stroke said:
man waiting times online are long? I hope this sold sell, I shouldn't have to wait 4-5 mins for a match

I have this happen from time to time...

mr stroke said:
been playing online all day, and out of any online fighter I have played this has the best netcode ever. Zero lag. even better than VF5. every fighting game should be copying what Midway is doing.

From the most part yes - Althought i have had a few matches with lag but this is the exception not the rule thankfully.

Hit detection is a whole different story.

I hate to bring it up again but its so broke its not even funny.

I *know* this must have been several times in play testing.... no one thought it was important to fix?

Grecco

I couldnt even find a player match, took me some time but i had my first ranked match just now GL v Joker. Won that match :p

outsidah

Grecco said:
I couldnt even find a player match, took me some time but i had my first ranked match just now GL v Joker. Won that match :p

We should play!

I'm going to sleep now (too tired) but at some point.

Same goes for you all GAFers.

XBL Tag: "neo outsider"

Man the online hit detection is ridiculous. It's really messing up what could be a great online game. Is this something that could be fixed with a patch?

mr stroke

CartridgeBlower said:
Man the online hit detection is ridiculous. It's really messing up what could be a great online game. Is this something that could be fixed with a patch?

I hope so, but I doubt they fix it. I have been uppercutting backwards and hitting the other person:lol
its pretty bad, I just don't know how they'd fix it with a patch.

jsrv

Friends rented this game and went over my house to play it. I didn't really expect anything out of it, in fact I expected it to be absolutely horrible; worst game to have ever been read by my PS3's bluray drive. It was actually pretty fun and very easy to get into, had plenty of laughs and cheers for the 3-4 hours we played it, even managed to beat the DC portion of the story mode with the hilariously bad scripting. :D

For the PS3 version, you can play matches with people in your friend lists right, or is it just random matchmaking?

jrricky

Banned
mr stroke said:
been playing online all day, and out of any online fighter I have played this has the best netcode ever. Zero lag. even better than VF5. every fighting game should be copying what Midway is doing.
probably because not a lot of people are playing?

i always found this game intriguing so ima gonna test it out next week with a rent.

Anyanka

Halvie said:
Which characters do you guys think are the post powerful?

Flash. Good damage, Kabal spin is the best punisher in the game, a normal low that launches, a good teleport.

Catwoman sucks :(

This game has lag problems as bad as anything else. It's just more subtle. It always feels smooth but juggling, punishment and hit detection is way off. Stupid stuff happens all the time. I don't know how anyone could say there's no lag.

kbear

Anyone else getting owned online? My win / loss record is 4 wins, 25 losses :lol

I dunno, I'm just getting stomped. Anyone wanna play? HIPPO SMASH is my gt for 360

Halvie

Banned
Anyanka said:
Flash. Good damage, Kabal spin is the best punisher in the game, a normal low that launches, a good teleport.

Catwoman sucks :(

This game has lag problems as bad as anything else. It's just more subtle. It always feels smooth but juggling, punishment and hit detection is way off. Stupid stuff happens all the time. I don't know how anyone could say there's no lag.

You think Catwoman sucks? I just started trying to learn her and have been doing ok online. I like that backwards kick she does (think it is down back x) and she can keep distance pretty well.

Also pretty sure GL is the next one to have an infinite. Fought this one guy four matches and each time dude would just keep double hammering me and I couldn't get up.

Wish Baraka was stronger...he seems pretty weak.

Anyanka

Yeah that move goes through projectiles but that won't get you a win. You don't want to stay away that much anyway, she is outclassed from a distance. The two straight whip moves are high and slow. Air whip has inconsistent range, it whiffs all the time when it shouldn't. She floats backwards slowly after too and her hitbox is huge, you get hit out of the air by projectiles all the time. She has no good lows. Only two generic kicks and b,f+3 is super slow and has wonky range(won't even work up close) so you have to rely on low Klose Kombat.

Only thing she has going for her is two good launchers, b+1 and d,f+3. I do b+1, b+1, 4,2, b,f+2 for 41% damage. But with lag her juggles are extremely unreliable. I have to use d,f+3, d,f+3 and other weaksauce juggles just to get anything.

She doesn't even seem like she was tested. Like the stupid pro move off b,f+4 will randomly whiff. It always whiffs at the wall and will even whiff in the middle of the arena sometimes. I land a pro move correctly and it WHIFFS? What? :lol

Xater

I got the game today because of the Giant Bomb review. It's definately not the best fighter out thee but it's still really fun. a big plus is that I can beat the crap out of Superman.

Halvie

Banned
I don't get how I can block a uppercut do an uppercut and miss and then get uppercutted...shouldn't I have the advantage seeing I just blocked the move...shouldn't that person be left open? Happens either way it seems..third uppercut will land. Fucking so lame.

Anyanka

uppercut has push back on block and from what I heard is +1 on block. so no that sounds right.

I just had a glich where I got stuck in the wall for an entire round. My body was halfway into it and I couldn't fight back.

And earlier I hit someone with Catwoman's d,b+1 and did the b,f+2 pro move and instead of hitting the opponent the pro move part actually hit a statue off to the side!

This game is ridiculous....at what point does "sure it's no VF" stop working?

Anyanka

I mean when you block an uppercut you are pushed back so you cannot retaliate. There is like an entire character's space between you. +1 on block means +1 advantage for them. The person who's uppercut you blocked recovers before you. Go into practice mode, set the opponent to always block and see.

Unless you mean you low block the uppercut. Uppercuts are high so it should go over you giving you a free uppercut. If THAT is messed up for you then blame lag.

fernoca

Grecco said:
But Why the HELL is Sonya and Kano working together? Someone needs to read up on their Kombat canon
Well...
Don't know if you've played the MK-side; but it's the same fro mthe DC-side. They made alliances and decided to join forces to battle a "greater/unknown enemy". In the MK-side, Rayden pairs Shang Tsung with Liu Kang ..just like while playing DC you noticed that Rayden paired Sub-Zero with Scorpion.

Anyway...
Seems that the "glitches" many are reporting usually happen while playing online. Most cases seem to be reported by PS3 users, but some 360 users are having similar situations. The team seems to be making some adjustments to everything online related but not completely fixing; since technically are not "glitches" but problems with the network. If the problems happen offline (barely reported so far) on the 360 a recommendation seems to be clearing the cache fro mthe HDD...but nothing official per se, just rumors.

First round of DLC is rumored also to be during December.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh my god. We spent hours playing this shit. The story mode is waaaaaaaaayyyyy to long, but I like how they actually made a story mode with some direction, instead of leaving it vague as shit.

Man o man, I love Sub-Zero and Scorpion. I didn't realize you could link the just qcb x -> qcb [] via the pro-moves/just frames. Now I know what the glowing rings are after you do certain things. When those two link up, its a thing of beauty to catch people trying to sweep/uppercut/whatever when you come out of the teleport.

Scorpion's combos are fun as fuck to use, even the regular shit linked to the teleport are sexy as hell.

I thought this game was slow as shit, until you get a group of people that know how to play it. It speeds up a bit from there.

I can deal with him, but the Flash pisses me off. He's not even difficult to really handle, just annoying as fuck.

Darkseid sucks ass.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
It's taking me quite a while to warm up/get reaquainted with just how stuff MK games are, but the production values are pretty good, even if there are way too many shared anims.

Shame.

Grecco

fernoca said:
First round of DLC is rumored also to be during December.

If its well done dlc. Im going to be loving it. Lobo and Johny Cage plz. But make Lobo right. Im baffled at how awesome Joker and Captain Marvel are, and how awfull Wonderwoman is :(

HBP

I am considering picking this up as I have been wanting a fighter to play lately, but don't want to put in the time to learn a Virtua Fighter type game. I think I might get the PS3 version (I assume that might be a better idea because of the dpad?), are there any edits in the NA version other than the Joker's finishing move? I'm not sure I really want to bother importing if that is it.

Guy Legend

I definitely recommend this to people. The gameplay is very fun and satisfying. It isn't that deep, but it's easy to pick up and play and is the perfect fighting game to play with others since it's isn't demanding.

Having fun with the story mode. They really got the characters down great, from the voices to their actions. Good stuff.

Guy Legend said:
I definitely recommend this to people. The gameplay is very fun and satisfying. It isn't that deep, but it's easy to pick up and play and is the perfect fighting game to play with others since it's isn't demanding.

Having fun with the story mode. They really got the characters down great, from the voices to their actions. Good stuff.

On a certain level I agree with you...but if you want to get really good at this game it can demand some skill and therefore be pretty deep. I think the combo challenges proves that.

Anyanka

Deathstroke's headshot Fatality was also censored like Joker's. I actually like these fatals more than MKD, BTW. The T rating was good for them. Forced them to drop all the stupid exploding fatalities.

Those difficult combo challenges are only a problem because of the clunky controls or that it doesn't show you the timing or if you can use the wall. Most of them are not even that good, you can do more damage with simpler juggles.

Darkseid is very strong. He has a great jab string, launcher and projectile. The good players are thinking he may be better than Flash....

60's Batman TV show Catwoman costume for DLC plz.

Merguson

Banned
It seems that some of you guys like the game... I'll be trying it out as my brother just borrowed the game from his friend... Might post some quick impressions in a couple of days.

Holy shit! There are some fucking losers online. I just played one guy who spammed the flash's moves over and over and over. I couldn't tell you how many times I spun in one match. What a fucking cheezer.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyanka said:
Deathstroke's headshot Fatality was also censored like Joker's. I actually like these fatals more than MKD, BTW. The T rating was good for them. Forced them to drop all the stupid exploding fatalities.
Yeah, hooray for censorship.

I just rented this using a BB game pass and it SUCKS. Every move looks stiff and ugly. The timing for combos is never consistent. Sometimes a move will hit an opponent back over you head, sometimes away from you, makes it too hard to land a decent juggle. The close combat and freefall gimmicks are totally random and destroy any balance the game may have had. Yeah and then there are characters like Flash with their cheap, way too safe moves. Overall it just feels wrong. I hate that you can't get to a spot where you just rush an opponent down and dominate a fight because most of the moves knock your enemy down instead of just doing standing damage. It's just a flaccid and unsatisfying game.

The only good thing is the story mode, which actually has some funny bits and a somewhat interesting story. They make you fight too many times with each guy though. They should have kept it down to 2 or 3 matches per.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Anyanka said:
Those difficult combo challenges are only a problem because of the clunky controls or that it doesn't show you the timing or if you can use the wall. Most of them are not even that good, you can do more damage with simpler juggles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT6QGVypxJY

I noticed it, but didn't know wtf it meant first. This explains it and makes the combo challenge much better.

As for the combos. Possibly. I think the game scales damage like guilty gear, so that is probably why.

Darkseid is very strong. He has a great jab string, launcher and projectile. The good players are thinking he may be better than Flash....

I think he's trash, but I haven't put much time into him. That being said, I'm suprised at how many characters have so many decent moves...especially Batman. He's good against everyone, it seems. Supes and Flash seem to be at the top, atm though.

GAZERK said:
Holy shit! There are some fucking losers online. I just played one guy who spammed the flash's moves over and over and over. I couldn't tell you how many times I spun in one match. What a fucking cheezer.

I know the netcode is messed up atm, but, midway is working on it. All I can say is block some, jump over the runs, and learn to punish the dash that goes mid mid high. Flash has a bit of lag after some of his attacks, so block and destroy.

akachan ningen said:
I just rented this using a BB game pass and it SUCKS. Every move looks stiff and ugly. The timing for combos is never consistent. Sometimes a move will hit an opponent back over you head, sometimes away from you, makes it too hard to land a decent juggle. The close combat and freefall gimmicks are totally random and destroy any balance the game may have had. Yeah and then there are characters like Flash with their cheap, way too safe moves. Overall it just feels wrong. I hate that you can't get to a spot where you just rush an opponent down and dominate a fight because most of the moves knock your enemy down instead of just doing standing damage. It's just a flaccid and unsatisfying game.

lol. You can rush down and dominate in the game...quite easily. You might have to actually put in some work to do it, because of the knockdown, but...you sure as hell can. I've done it with scorpion and sub-zero many times.

Flash has safe moves but can be dealt with. He and Supes are probably numero uno at the moment, but they aren't auto-victories. I've yet to see a Sean in this game.

The timing for combos is consistent. Go to the combat training and see the video I posted.

I agree on the animation. It needs hella work.

Edit: reptile and lobo won the midway poll, so I'd probably bank on seeing them as dlc first. I'd rather Jade/Nightwolf and Lobo. :(

Halvie

Banned
GAZERK said:

like the other guy said....learn how to block. Beating flash spammers isn't that hard.

kbear

The game is awesome, stop whining. The story mode is great and the online play is impeccable. I love it... it's classic MK that also has DC characters. If you didn't like MK gameplay before, you're not going to like it now. This is my favorite fighter of this gen (until SF4 drops, and even then maybe who knows).

MoxManiac

GAZERK said:

Hate the game, not the player. If a tactic works well, he should definitely use it. Direct your anger at MKvDC's dev team which is obviously and always has been inept at making fighting games.

Zeenbor

I played a few rounds of this a few days ago.

I was really disappointed. :(

I'll give it another shot after thanksgiving.

JdFoX187

Banned
I played through the DC Universe storyline last night and could not stop laughing at Joker. They really nailed that character. Overall, I'm fairly impressed with how well they merged the stories together.

Top Bottom