• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MK1 Christmas Fatality

Interfectum

What's next?

MK 1 Valentine's Day Finisher; $4.99
MK 1 St. Patrick's Day Finisher; $4.99
MK 1 420 Day Finisher; $4.20
Due to the backlash over the halloween fatality costing $10, they released a "holiday fatality bundle" where you get all the holiday fatalities for $10, IIRC. Not sure if that only includes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or all of them.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It’s pretty well done. Should’ve made it free as a thank you to fans for dropping $70 on a game that will be $20 in a couple months.

violence

Did you know the first World of Warcraft sparkle pony made more money than StarCraft 2? That’s why we keep seeing micro transactions.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I mean, lighten up OP.

I mean.....no

mean chihuahua dog GIF

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Fucking awesome!! :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do people hate on this? If I was a diehard MK fan Id be buying all of this shit up

The Thanksgiving one was hilarious and great too

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Fucking awesome!! :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do people hate on this? If I was a diehard MK fan Id be buying all of this shit up

The Thanksgiving one was hilarious and great too

If people buy things like this that have always been free in earlier games (fatalities), then you are sending a message to the scumwads at WB that this shitty practice is acceptable and it will only get worse. It's bad enough that they forced NRS to turn MK1 into a garbage, gaas type game. If people go along with it and support it, it will only get worse.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
If people buy things like this that have always been free in earlier games (fatalities), then you are sending a message to the scumwads at WB that this shitty practice is acceptable and it will only get worse. It's bad enough that they forced NRS to turn MK1 into a garbage, gaas type game. If people go along with it and support it, it will only get worse.

Was that stuff free back in what I call, "The Day?"

Soodanim

Gold Member
Anyone that pays for this, or anything like it, has more money than sense. It's not even a whole character.

Interfectum

Holiday fatalities were free in earlier games?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Holiday fatalities were free in earlier games?

Fatalities were always free in earlier games. There never were "Holiday fatalities" before scummy WB took over. A fatality is a fatality......leave it to them to find a way to charge for something to appeal to the FOMO mouthbreathers.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kinda cool just because Santa was in the original Mortal Kombat.

ba8c3836fc170d185ffd3ba0298b94a1adca311a_00.jpg

That said I wouldn’t pay for this, and have played a good amount of online MK1 and never seen anyone use the paid fatalities.

MiguelItUp

Only thing lame about this is having to pay for it IMO. I wish it were unlockable in-game. MK1 has really bummed me out in terms of what they think is worth paying for. In terms of the "full game" and the monetized content. The fact that cross platform isn't coming until February is pretty lol.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Should've had a fully decorated Christmas tree (except for the star) forced up the rectal passage and then pulled out of the throat, followed by decapitation and then the head placed on top of the tree.

malcolm in the middle ifc GIF

Thabass

Good to see actual names behind the reason WB is scummy and charges for fatalities.....thank you for outing yourself. Change your avatar ASAP......noone as lame as you should be representing Persona.
I don't even own MK1 lmao. Go outside and breathe please.

consoul

Nothing wrong with that fatality other than the fact it costs extra.

Merry Christmas from Warner Bros!
As thanks for buying our game, our season's greetings to you will cost $4.95.

Robb

Gold Member
Sad to see such a classic series being turned in to yet another MTX feast. I’d rather just see the series die off with some dignity.

Top Bottom