• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 The Show - Online League Interest Thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I may have to pass on this.

I have played a game online with Mig and it wasn't good enough for me to consider playing a full online league.

Mig also kicked my ass but that's besides the point. :lol There was a lot of lag that I felt sucked...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bumpage-

Man I need someone to play online,since this league is never going to get off the ground :(

Mig only kicked your ass Ck cause of the guess the pitch shit,he mastered it.Its the worst feature of the game and I'm glad it can be turned off on and offline.Its also strange that you had lag with Mig since I never have :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
*bump*

LETS GET A LEAGUEDADDY LEAGUE GOING!

crying_baby.jpg

fine im going to buy it. but i swear if the league doesn't take place, i'm banning you all from future madden leagues and i will have a league by myself! a league where only *I* can win!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fine im going to buy it. but i swear if the league doesn't take place, i'm banning you all from future madden leagues and i will have a league by myself! a league where only *I* can win!

:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I aint a big Baseball fan (and thats an understatement) but i love kicking ass in leagues (madden and NBA2K6) so i MAY be interested. Do i gotta know everything about baseball to atleast enjoy the game? How are the servers on PS2?

Matrix

Servers are fine,they went down one time so far since Ive had the game,they seem very stable to me.I found if you have lag in the game its usually the fault of your connection that day/night and not the servers.I played DM and Fifty the other day and had some lag,but it was my connection cause ive played Fifty before and havent had any lag.

They also have great roster updates online :D MVP never had any :(

You dont need to know everything about baseball,but its not arcady unless you play with the guess the pitch on.Its a pretty hardcore game imo.You need to use your bullpen well,bunt when you need to etc etc

I really cant tell you if you would like it since you dont care for baseball,but its a great game imo.

CB3

Matrix said:
Servers are fine,they went down one time so far since Ive had the game,they seem very stable to me.I found if you have lag in the game its usually the fault of your connection that day/night and not the servers.I played DM and Fifty the other day and had some lag,but it was my connection cause ive played Fifty before and havent had any lag.

They also have great roster updates online :D MVP never had any :(

You dont need to know everything about baseball,but its not arcady unless you play with the guess the pitch on.Its a pretty hardcore game imo.You need to use your bullpen well,bunt when you need to etc etc

I really cant tell you if you would like it since you dont care for baseball,but its a great game imo.

Too give you an idea, I liked the World Series games on saturn :lol :lol :lol Seriously those were the last baseball games i played. Back then i didnt know shit about Baseball but they were still fun. If The Show is anything like those games id be up to play in the league

mashoutposse

Ante Up
I don't know about the Saturn game (I really need to try it out one of these days), but the Show is great if you're a fan of the game. The gameplay, animation, and presentation are all true to the game. Against humans (especially baseball fans), I think you could still have a great deal of fun despite the fact that you don't pay much attention to the real thing.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Lets play Matrix, I know how to baserun!

You can baserun,but now you cant pitch :lol

Coldblooded,I think the game might be too hard for you....

now you must buy it ;)

CB3

Matrix said:
You can baserun,but now you cant pitch :lol

Coldblooded,I think the game might be too hard for you....

now you must buy it ;)

Is that a challenge?

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Is that a challenge?

:lol Yea,but if you dont like the game.....I DONT WANT TO BE BLAMED! Go read Ck's review and buy the game based off that ;)

Matrix

Miguel said:
doublehgiants.jpg

^ROTY, MVP, and Cy Young of the GAF League.

How is that possible when I'll be using him? ;)

Roy O MVP,Cy Young and all around best bubble gum popping pitcher of the GAF League.

Matrix

Miguel said:
If I'm paying for LeagueDaddy, I get the Astros season 1!

We can alternate afterwards. :p

:lol

Doh,me pwned bigtime! :lol Rangers it is! :( :(

Miguel

MLB 06 The Show League Interest

Miguel - Astros
Matrix - Rangers
ColdBlooded33 - No Team
DMczaf - Ichiros
DaddyZ - Phillies
FMT - No Team
MrBob - Cubs
Fifty - Blue Jays
swoon - No Team

9 so far, with about 6-7 who haven't responded to PMs yet.

Matrix

Matrix

Ninja Scooter said:
haha mig more like MLB 06 The NO Show.

Sorta like Ichiro this year.

edit- damn hes 4 for 4 tonight :(

Fifty

Miguel said:
Now I know what Fifty feels like with the WE9 league.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. If you build it, they will come! (even if it's with 8 fewer people!)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've thought about pickin this game up, since the 360 game is apparently less than "eh"

I'll have to try my PS2's online adapter though...hasn't been used in YEARS!

Maybe I should just pick up one of those $129 PS2's....and Madden too.... ;)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Lonestar said:
I've thought about pickin this game up, since the 360 game is apparently less than "eh"

I'll have to try my PS2's online adapter though...hasn't been used in YEARS!

Maybe I should just pick up one of those $129 PS2's....and Madden too.... ;)

Do it. One of the best sports games in years.

Lonestar

It's Done. I'm probably too late for this season, but I will most definitely like to play some pick up games with anyone (once I actually check to see if my OLD PS2 and it's rarely used online adapter works.)

Matrix

Lonestar did you get Show or madden? Or both?

If you even like Baseball at all you need Show and you could join our league :(

Lonestar

Matrix, I got both Madden and The Show. Out in the car right now. Another 1 1/2 hours to go till the weekend...if I don't have to work tomorrow...

Matrix

Andokuky said:
Rangers gone? :(

I might join if you need someone else. Maybe.

Nah you can have the Rangers if you really want them and want to play in the league.

Cool Lonestar :D More people that have the game and can play the better.

Lonestar

Cool, is it too late to join the baseball league or whatever is going on?

And I don't follow baseball like I did 6-7 years ago. I see the Braves aren't taken....but...I don't know. Guess I could take them.

Matrix

Nope its not too late to join the real league,thats not starting till around May5th or a little after.

Right now we just have a small tourney going on.

Also this gives people that havent had the chance to play or get the game yet a couple of weeks to get used to the game.

If you want to join you should pm Miguel or Fmt or hit them up on aim,unless of course they read your posts in here :p

Miguel

I think that puts us at 14. 2 more!

(These can and probably will change if anyone wants to fight!)

NL
Miguel - Astros
MrBob - Cubs
Rorschach - Dodgers
Matrix - Cardinals

ColdBlooded33 - Mets
Lonestar - Braves
DaddyZ - Phillies

AL
Andoduky - Rangers
DMczaf - Mariners
FMT - Angels

Fifty - Blue Jays
Musashi Wins! - Tigers
Wellington - Yankees
swoon - Orioles

We need one NL team and one AL team!

Matrix

Mig,I'll take the Cards,so if I do any damage with POOPjuls people will bean him :D

Miguel

(These can and probably will change if anyone wants to fight!)

NL
Miguel - Astros
MrBob - Cubs
Rorschach - Dodgers
Matrix - Cardinals

ColdBlooded33 - Mets
Lonestar - Braves
DaddyZ - Phillies

AL
Andoduky - Rangers
DMczaf - Mariners
FMT - Angels